Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
lmao if you pay for things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Only time I've bought a tv show digitally off Amazon was an episode of Hulk Hogans Micro Championship Wrestling.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Milo and POTUS posted:

Coconut shrimp and shrimp scampi are two TOTALLY different types of shrimp and a perfectly legitimate order. Jeff is loving stupid

To be fair, that was the canoe talking.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Chris Knight posted:

To be fair, that was the canoe talking.

Yeah, they were just having a bit of a row.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I WAS MAKING MILK!!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

An underrated visual gag in this episode was Mark Ruffalo's Buffalo Wild Wings

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Definitely Men II Boyz this week. Probably.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I love that the Christmas eps exist in their own void, except for Jack being Krampus.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWyrQEF7t2E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlSjpaYXv9M

I'm so glad American Dad introduced me to Rad! I love the movie and soundtrack and I'm really hoping it gets a proper blu ray release one day.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

You just missed it. https://vinegarsyndrome.com/products/rad

Might still be available from somewhere like Diabolik etc.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

poo poo :(

Funny thing is I just found out about vinegar syndrome couple months ago. Stumbled upon the movie Startime on their site, a movie I rented as a kid and was one of my "white whales" that I could not remember what it was called.

https://vinegarsyndrome.com/products/star-time?_pos=2&_sid=667626f39&_ss=r&variant=23729678024804

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Man, first Danuta and then Shoshanna....Klaus attracts some real babes.

Too bad he blew it with both of them.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

"I can't hang out with either of my parents this weekend?! I hate my life!!"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

"Where do I know this dog from?"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Man, first Danuta and then Shoshanna....Klaus attracts some real babes.

Too bad he blew it with both of them.

Shoshannaaaaaa!!! :smith:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Shoshannaaaaaa!!! :smith:

KLAUS'S BOYZ! :haw:

MizPiz fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jul 22, 2020

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm certain this ad showing up in my FB is this thread's fault

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something I've noticed in rewatching older episodes is that they used to draw Stan as way fatter. He's always been kind of pudgy but in the original opening he has a full on gut.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Schrodinger's fat

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yeah, Stan is as fat or muscular as the script requires.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, Stan is as fat or muscular as the script requires.

He's 1950's ripped. "Barrel-chested"

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Stan is what is known as a "thicc jawn".

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

"I can't hang out with either of my parents this weekend?! I hate my life!!"

i was kind of expecting steve to go bananas there.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

angry steve is the best steve

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
What's the best b-plot in American Dad? My candidate is the "bottom-tier spaghetti sauce turns the smiths into italians" is mine.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I hope it was a joke that 19 was a field number on the craps layout.

Two six sided dice can't roll a 19.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

What's the best b-plot in American Dad? My candidate is the "bottom-tier spaghetti sauce turns the smiths into italians" is mine.

the one where roger and klaus resell stan's suits is the first one that came to mind

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

“Do you eat?”

“I’ve got the money.”

“Danuda...”

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Which episode was that one, don't remember that b plot at all

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

drrockso20 posted:

Which episode was that one, don't remember that b plot at all

The one where Roger gets the Egg Madness

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Milo and POTUS posted:

Schrodinger's fat

There was also an episode in season 4 where Roger and Steve tried to make Stan cry for the first time ever, but Stan had cried numerous times over things like tripping over things in the episodes leading up to it.

American Dad ignores and rewrites its backstory whenever it makes for a good gag.

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

It also introduced me to this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsg73N0eUZk

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

MizPiz posted:

The one where Roger gets the Egg Madness

Don't remember that either

Der Shovel posted:

There was also an episode in season 4 where Roger and Steve tried to make Stan cry for the first time ever, but Stan had cried numerous times over things like tripping over things in the episodes leading up to it.

American Dad ignores and rewrites its backstory whenever it makes for a good gag.

I still absolutely loathe that aspect of the show, I've said this before but I'd love a good animated sitcom that maintained perfect continuity between episodes and seasons and also did Status Quo changes right

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

drrockso20 posted:

Don't remember that either

Shell Game (Ep 4, Season 14)

drrockso20 posted:

I still absolutely loathe that aspect of the show, I've said this before but I'd love a good animated sitcom that maintained perfect continuity between episodes and seasons and also did Status Quo changes right

Bob's Burgers? They're pretty good with continuity.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I'm a fan of the plot where Roger makes Francine practice for a dance competition but they are really going to a funeral.

“Francine, I haven’t been entirely truthful with you.”

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I liked that this episode implied all the other episodes ever took place in the last year.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Honorable mention to Steve and Snot seeing who could get further with the other's mom

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Zero One posted:

I'm a fan of the plot where Roger makes Francine practice for a dance competition but they are really going to a funeral.

“Francine, I haven’t been entirely truthful with you.”

This was my first thought.

I would also bring up Roger Final Destinationing those frat guys with the limo. That horn gets me every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye9gyqtfNQM

drrockso20 posted:

I'm sure its been menrioned before but Venture Brothers is probably your best bet for continuity. I've listened to all of their episode commentary and they bring up a few times how anal they are about continuity and how hard it makes putting out new episodes. They also menrioned they will consult some forums and message boards ro make sure they haven't forgotten anything.

The Life and Times of Tim has good continuity and I thought it was hilarious. The animation is really rough but that's part of the charm. It was on HBO for 3 seasons.

Anything else I would mention would be anime and I don't want to open that can of worms unless you want to.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

I liked that this episode implied all the other episodes ever took place in the last year.

The one where we meet Barry's parents also did this.

"A couple of months ago but what seems like years.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

chunkles posted:

the one where roger and klaus resell stan's suits is the first one that came to mind

I must have missed this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

I must have missed this

It's when Stan became a woman so she no longer needed his suits.