Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

deadking posted:

I came across this today: https://passeisme.bandcamp.com/album/austerity-parade

It's a black metal band including a member of the Russian brutal death band 7 H. Target. It's really good fast black metal that reminds me a fair bit of Suhnopfer or Cenotaphe.

I love 7 H. Target so I can't wait to check this out, no matter how little like 7 H. it sounds like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

deadking posted:

It's a black metal band including a member of the Russian brutal death band 7 H. Target. It's really good fast black metal that reminds me a fair bit of Suhnopfer or Cenotaphe.

This is perhaps one of the best things I have ever heard.

loving bought!

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
You know what, the new Static X is pretty decent. Feels just like Machine / Wisconsin death trip in places. Gotta hand it to em for piecing it together.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

This is really good, and I'd like to point out that the video is, in fact, a video and not a still image. Those madmen actually just sat/stood there for over 50 minutes.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

deadking posted:

This is great. Reminds me of old BM Behemoth. Lots of china cymbal just adds to the experience!

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Dimebags Brain posted:

New Ice War is extremely good heavy/speed metal.

https://icewar.bandcamp.com/album/defender-destroyer

is their vocalist sloth from the goonies?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I'd like Equipoise a lot more if they didn't make such a gimmick of their fretless bass all BWAONG-DE-DOINGBOING.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I had ordered this around the beginning of April and gave up on it, but surprise!! Looks so much better than expected for a bootleg pin. :boltthrower:

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Snowy posted:

I had ordered this around the beginning of April and gave up on it, but surprise!! Looks so much better than expected for a bootleg pin. :boltthrower:

where did you snag this bad boy!

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Kvlt! posted:

where did you snag this bad boy!

I could have sworn I posted about it when I saw them for sale but I checked and... whoops.

They might still have this badass morbid tales pin

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCiucdpJe4R/?igshid=1p448pwots31o

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI8AVQeMeyc

Well, yeah. I think it's ok, only because the song itself is awesome. This version though, as we'd expect is sterile and weak-sounding. The middle section had a few new touches though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrcGUwEemgI

Let's just stick to this one.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I can get behind the new version of the chorus, but man that production is awful. All the crunch on the riffs is gone, the drums are barely noticeable, the harmonizing of the vocals is flat and dull

Minor tweaks and I could see myself listening to them making a new album in this style, but as it stands yeah I'm just gonna keep on keeping on with the version I know and love

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Here's some brand new Napalm Death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFDHuCeaM_Y

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Between this and the new Pig Destroyer stuff, it's been a good past few days (weeks?) for grind

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
not really feeling that new napalm death.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

pro loving click

https://spiritpossession.bandcamp.com/

SPIRIT POSSESSION is a new raw and erratic black heavy metal entity emerging from the old school origin depths. They are a duo comprised of vocalist/guitarist S. Peacock (Ulthar, Mastery, Pandiscordin Necrogenesis) and A. Spungin (Ormus, Tarus) on drums and handmade synthesizers. SPIRIT POSSESSION’s approach to their singular style of raw schizophrenic angular spiraling black metal explodes with razor thrashing guitars, blistering drum violence, commanding torturous vocals, and apocalyptic harsh noise.

The self-titled SPIRIT POSSESSION debut album encompasses the avant-garde nonconformist aura of the black metal outliers of the ‘90s and early ‘00s while pushing the thresholds of forward-thinking underground heavy metal. Through seven serpentine-like tracks, SPIRIT POSSESSION’s debut reveals uncompromising brutal filth draped in First Wave blood, when the classic era of heavy/black/thrash/death naturally congealed in their original primitive form. The result being an aberration of archaic swarming chaos.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Metal album descriptions are such a fun language schtick.
(This rips)

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

ThePopeOfFun posted:

Metal album descriptions are such a fun language schtick.
(This rips)

They’re as ridiculous as artist’s statements but much more fun

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

not really feeling that new napalm death.

it's very 90s era napalm death for better and worse

Cynicus
May 1, 2008

owling furies.

Snowy posted:

They’re as ridiculous as artist’s statements but much more fun

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

The Muppets On PCP posted:

it's very 90s era napalm death for better and worse

As someone that looks fondly upon Utopia Banished as the ND album that got me into the band, I'm ok with this.

Double Bass
Feb 20, 2011
:siren:xposting from the prog thread:siren:

I mostly lurk on SA nowadays but I just wanted to drop this small preview of an instrumental prog-metal song I've been working on for the past couple years. It's only a 90 second teaser of a 10+ minute song but I'm really itching to get some feedback. I'm in a two man project with my best friend and we play drums and guitar respectively, for this track we hired Derek Sherinian on keyboards and Conner Green from Haken for bass, and the finished version is to be mixed and mastered by the great Jens Bogren. Really hoping you guys enjoy it and don't hesitate to give any feedback/criticism!

Meroda - Nonzero Entity

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Double Bass posted:

:siren:xposting from the prog thread:siren:

I mostly lurk on SA nowadays but I just wanted to drop this small preview of an instrumental prog-metal song I've been working on for the past couple years. It's only a 90 second teaser of a 10+ minute song but I'm really itching to get some feedback. I'm in a two man project with my best friend and we play drums and guitar respectively, for this track we hired Derek Sherinian on keyboards and Conner Green from Haken for bass, and the finished version is to be mixed and mastered by the great Jens Bogren. Really hoping you guys enjoy it and don't hesitate to give any feedback/criticism!

Meroda - Nonzero Entity

I don't really care for prog these days (other than Ayreon ok ok) but this sounds good and you should be proud, be sure to post the full thing in here when done. Nice crunchy guitars make me smile.

Double Bass
Feb 20, 2011
I'm glad to hear it! Honestly we know next to nothing about production, so I appreciate someone thinking my bedroom produced guitars sound okay. I really feel like it's gonna sound awesome once Jens reamps and cleans up everything, guy is a legendary producer. I'll definitely keep the thread posted once it's out for real!

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
here's some cool death metal https://draghkar.bandcamp.com/album/at-the-crossroads-of-infinity

it has solos and everything

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

MrBling posted:

here's some cool death metal https://draghkar.bandcamp.com/album/at-the-crossroads-of-infinity

it has solos and everything

this rips, but man those guitars sure are hot in the low-mids

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I could use some death metal with no solos. Strings should never be played one at a time imo.

Also Bodice Riffer would be a good band name

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I missed this from the start of the year. Really good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqtTe8WNdAU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Oldstench posted:

I missed this from the start of the year. Really good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqtTe8WNdAU

tabbed out while this was playing because I had to respond to a work message, then it kept going. after a few minutes I realized I was really digging it.

this rules.

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
I cant be bothered to go back in the thread to find someone to quote to reignite a discussion, and I know this is nearly year old news, but I still blast it regularly.

Is there love in NMD for Blood Incantation - Hidden History of the Human Race ?

Praise Yzaldabaoth

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Evil Bob posted:

I cant be bothered to go back in the thread to find someone to quote to reignite a discussion, and I know this is nearly year old news, but I still blast it regularly.

Praise Yzaldabaoth

Yes, just like everywhere else on metal internet

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Evil Bob posted:

Praise Yzaldabaoth

yeah and they're better live IMO

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Evil Bob posted:

Is there love in NMD for Blood Incantation - Hidden History of the Human Race?

Pulling from the same player pool...

Spectral Voice > Black Curse > Blood Incantation

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Blood incantation is awesome on record but even better live. Their live mix makes it sound like an instrumental band though, but crushingly instrumental.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Last time I saw blood incantation I was drunkenly gushing to one of them about a different show they played and he’s like “we pressed that show on vinyl and here it is!”

And I just remembered that I have that record now, I’ve been hiding from coronavirus in the woods so long I forgot.

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
Hell yeah to everyone in the thread. I figured I couldn’t go wrong starting with blood incantation. I only discovered them after HHotHR dropped so I am a bit late to the game, incredible excited to get a chance to see them live.

I was supposed to be in Belgium preparing to head to Wacken right now. Fuuuuuck

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Wacken is great if you like cow poo poo and streams of piss passing by your tent and thousands of tourists staying 24 hours a day on the campsites because they hate heavy metal but like eating bockworst and cow poo poo and streams of piss

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
the worst thing about wacken is the bands that play it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

Last time I was at my favorite record store, the owner was blaring the live Blood Incantation album and it made me fall in love with them all over again. The live recording really seems to capture their sound in a way that the albums don't. Sadly, I haven't been able to see them yet, but here's to hoping.