Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1286031277137821702?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

rookie mistake

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Splash Attack posted:

i'm watching the video and she's not even condemning these guys for having sexy horse body pillows, she's just calling them out for displaying them publicly in spaces where there were also kid fans wandering around and that they would dance around technicalities like "it's not explicit and if you think it's suggestive that might be because you're projecting, so maybe you're the real pervert"

I fuckin' hate this argument because it's just so staggeringly bad-faith. Once I got into a discussion on a board gaming site about some anime tentacle fanservice card game that had been pulled from Kickstarter. People said that the upskirt volleyball illustrations didn't show anything more than you would see at a regular day on the beach, and if you have a problem with that then shame on you for sexualizing these innocent girls, you're being a sex-negative prude who wants to ban all exposed skin above the ankles.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

There's words for people who go to the beach and spend their time staring at people's arse cracks.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Buddy, it's physiologically impossible for me to gently caress it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

OwlFancier posted:

There's words for people who go to the beach and spend their time staring at people's arse cracks.

German?

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saagonsa posted:

That video is correct though, for a specific type of race reductionist "woke" liberal

Like if you've never seen the people who are anti-interracial relationships but woke you're very lucky
yeah but if you scroll down his feed a bit he has roger stone on his lovely podcast with the title "roger stone did nothing wrong" (dogwhistle fash, variation on "hitler did nothing wrong") so it's pretty obvious the angle he's going for

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Stuntman posted:

yeah but if you scroll down his feed a bit he has roger stone on his lovely podcast with the title "roger stone did nothing wrong" (dogwhistle fash, variation on "hitler did nothing wrong") so it's pretty obvious the angle he's going for

Oh, yeah, that's fair

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Saagonsa posted:

That video is correct though, for a specific type of race reductionist "woke" liberal

Like if you've never seen the people who are anti-interracial relationships but woke you're very lucky

It's correct if you view the 'woke' guy as a shallow poser to the struggle against systemic racism, but that's not the intent with which the video is created and spread. It's just a bunch of psuedo-deep gotcha moments created to put anti-racism on the same level as racism, with the view sitting smugly in the middle because they don't care about race, they don't see color. It's liberals who are the real racists!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Yep. “Sometimes people claim to be anti-racist, but are still racist” doesn’t mean that being anti-racist is bad, or pointless.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Idiots on Social Media: thank you for coming to me TEDtalk

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

the fact this version is much worse than the album version is extremely on brand.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

SpacePig posted:

Not sure what you guys are talking about. It's on super good faith, and Bill Burr called it perfect and retweeted it.

Aw, really? Hope somebody calls him out on that, probably his wife.

Edit: actually it's hard to tell if he's being sincere.

nexus6 has a new favorite as of 22:50 on Jul 22, 2020

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fetlife: a bastion for acceptance and equality.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

It genuinely amazes me how a certain class of man sees standing up to pee as a crucial signifier of masculinity. (As opposed to just being convenient.) I have never in my life told anybody older than 3 how to pee.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/davidgross_man/status/1285927874499940352

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Whoa, check the followup.
https://twitter.com/welcumbackotter/status/1285942420652294144

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I honestly believe this country would be in a better place now if Bill Clinton had been removed from office after being impeached for lying under oath about loving an intern.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
♪I will remember you, will you remember me?r♫

No, the answer is no. They will not remember what Sarah you are.
https://twitter.com/sarahemclaugh/status/1286000034899791873

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/bestofnextdoor/status/1286099012093751302?s=21

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

nexus6 posted:

Aw, really? Hope somebody calls him out on that, probably his wife.

Edit: actually it's hard to tell if he's being sincere.

I can never tell when Bill Burr is being sincere. He's the one person I refuse to pay attention to solely because I don't actually know how to read him, so it's easier to just assume this isn't worth my time to consider.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Seems like a good ending to be honest.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cleretic posted:

I can never tell when Bill Burr is being sincere. He's the one person I refuse to pay attention to solely because I don't actually know how to read him, so it's easier to just assume this isn't worth my time to consider.

Wikipedia for one of his comedy albums posted:

The central subjects of Paper Tiger are cancel culture, the Me Too movement,[1][3][4] people who spread misandry under the guise of feminism,
sounds chudly to me but i'm not going to listen to that unfunny hack to confirm

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Thank you for your service

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Sadly I accidentally clicked "show me less of this" on a report result and I haven't figured out how to undo that, so it doesn't show me those anymore.

Anybody know how to fix it, by chance?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I have yet to see a better use for NextDoor.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I just got that notification myself. I know she got rounded up with the rest of Qanon, but I'd like to think it was my report that pushed it over the edge.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4qPOndBCFU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

This is from a while back, and has probably been discussed. But it shits me so much. In this specific instance, and also in broad brush stroke terms.

The "Yes, I rubbed up against this pillow and used thrusting motions in an imitation of intercourse and did all that in order to achieve sexual gratification. But because no actual penetration happened I did not have sex. :smuggo: " bothers me so so much. They are using the worst kind of linguistic pedantry. And also will change definitions mid argument just to continue being "right".

It's the exact same argument as "Well muslim is not a race, so I'm not racist!", and "I'm not homophobic, I love gay people. I just want them to stop doing all that sinful icky bumsex. Also they shouldn't be allowed to be teachers because ..." etc.

I hate it because it means they acknowledge their hate and/or discriminatory beliefs, (or in the case of the pony pillow fuckers their creepiness), but don't want to aren't going to change so it becomes a battle of semantics and justifications so they can say to themselves they aren't a bad person. In this case, "Yeah I get sexual release from rubbing up against a pillow with a picture of an underage cartoon horse on it, but since my penis never went inside it, I am not a creepy pervert. So you are in the wrong for calling me out."

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
i think it's time for the term "frottage" to re-enter the lexicon

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/HomelandKen/status/1286123244588871680

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

BrigadierSensible posted:

I hate it because it means they acknowledge their hate and/or discriminatory beliefs, (or in the case of the pony pillow fuckers their creepiness), but don't want to aren't going to change so it becomes a battle of semantics and justifications so they can say to themselves they aren't a bad person. In this case, "Yeah I get sexual release from rubbing up against a pillow with a picture of an underage cartoon horse on it, but since my penis never went inside it, I am not a creepy pervert. So you are in the wrong for calling me out."

keep in mind that jenny wasn't even calling them out for the pony sex pillows
she was calling them out for displaying them at pony cons open to kids
instead of at the adult sections of furry cons
because some bronies are too obsessed with culture war to consider themselves furries, as that is a degenerate queer thing

it's loving layers, man

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

StillFullyTerrible posted:

keep in mind that jenny wasn't even calling them out for the pony sex pillows
she was calling them out for displaying them at pony cons open to kids
instead of at the adult sections of furry cons
because some bronies are too obsessed with culture war to consider themselves furries, as that is a degenerate queer thing

it's loving layers, man

Ehem, it's actually masturbating layers
:goonsay:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Here's the equipment of someone who knew the police would attack them. What a villain!

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
one of the more hosed up things about america in general is that in many states where it's legal to own and wear a handgun with a high capacity magazine it's illegal to wear body armor in public

so that is in fact consistent with our lovely laws

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

It's the exact same argument as "Well muslim is not a race, so I'm not racist!", and "I'm not homophobic I love gay people because I'm not afraid of gay people.

I've seen this one in the wild, and I'm always amazed at how stupid people will pretend to be in order to "win" the argument. Congratulations, you know the Greek root of the word. That's why astronauts sail on stars and hippopotami are just big ol' sea horses.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
This fuckin nerd doesn't even know what point he's trying to make anymore. Should this person have been prohibited from having a gun? Or are left-wingers dumb for supporting gun restrictions? Also there's no mention of the gun being used for a crime, and Oregon is apparently an open-carry state according to comments.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HomelandKen/status/1286124626020577282

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

StillFullyTerrible posted:

one of the more hosed up things about america in general is that in many states where it's legal to own and wear a handgun with a high capacity magazine it's illegal to wear body armor in public

so that is in fact consistent with our lovely laws

I mean, I know that the real reason for that is the fetishization that America has with guns.

But don't laws that allow gun carrying but forbid body armour go against the stated reason that "guns are for personal protection"? i.e. you are allowed to have something on your person that can kill someone, but you can't have anything on your person that actually protects you from people trying to kill you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

SpacePig posted:

I'm becoming increasingly inclined to mute my sister on Facebook. She keeps sharing Ben Shapiro and Charlie Kirk videos unironically and uncritically, and then shared this yesterday saying "Makes you think".
https://mobile.twitter.com/ryanlongcomedy/status/1285208497517473793
You should reply "Yeah, it makes me think. Makes me think you're a fuckwit." If she blocks you then you don't have to see her posts any more.

OwlFancier posted:

I'm currently watching that and it's hard to concentrate because I'm wondering why she has a body pillow of a pony giving bedroom eyes on the chair next to her.
IIRC she mentions at one point that she bought it specifically for the video because she thought it would be funny.

Turns out it actually is a dating site?

SpacePig posted:

This fuckin nerd doesn't even know what point he's trying to make anymore. Should this person have been prohibited from having a gun? Or are left-wingers dumb for supporting gun restrictions? Also there's no mention of the gun being used for a crime, and Oregon is apparently an open-carry state according to comments.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HomelandKen/status/1286124626020577282
He's criticising the hypocrisy of people who exist inside his head. In his mind, the protesters must all be anti-gun because they're "leftists" and all "leftists" are anti-gun, therefore this protester who had a gun must think that he should be allowed to keep it while everyone else should give theirs up.

But don't laws that allow gun carrying but forbid body armour go against the stated reason that "guns are for personal protection"? i.e. you are allowed to have something on your person that can kill someone, but you can't have anything on your person that actually protects you from people trying to kill you.
Uh, if the bad guys were allowed to wear body armour then how could I defend myself by shooting them? They would just laugh as my bullets bounced harmlessly off, like evil supermen.