Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

2020 continues to be the biggest car crash year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
At least we have footy.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

MiniSune posted:

At least we have footy.

In Vlandys we trust m8.

Melbourne -44.5 paying 11 dollars. Gonna chuck 10 bucks on that line.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
how does line betting work?

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
If Melbourne beats that head start (i.e. wins by 45 points or more), you win $11 for every $1 you wager.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jono C posted:

If Melbourne beats that head start (i.e. wins by 45 points or more), you win $11 for every $1 you wager.
ooooh ok thank you Jono, $11 seems like good odds

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
Kick of the year right there.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
let’s go Tigers

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
benji is in form

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Eels can gently caress right off

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

iajanus posted:

Matterson and Moses can gently caress right off

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is he having a seizure? gently caress :/

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Cheekam, I hope he’s going to be ok

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

bowmore posted:

Is he having a seizure? gently caress :/

Yeah not good at all

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

:(

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
18-12 feels like a pretty fair half time score.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Not sure if Tigers can win from here

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

A one man bench isn't helping

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

A one man bench isn't helping
yeah that was in my calculations

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.
This is the first time I've really felt bad for the Broncos...

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress em, they’ve never really had to endure this before

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

as bad as they are, they won't get the spoon.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

As a relatively recent new citizen of Brisbane can I be the first to say "loving lol enjoy being garbage, Broncos"

It's been fun wearing tigers jerseys around town the last couple of weeks

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hard to find a bright spot for the broncos atm at least Farnsworth, Coates, Staggs and Dearden showed some life in the back line. Carrigan, Haas, Flegler were all pretty solid as usual. I think TPJ is wasted on the edge - he was great in the middle the two previous weeks and while some changes were good I don't think they went far enough. Shame they've had so many injuries this year. I think they're up to 13 players hurt right now.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Another good performance by Manly. Finally getting over the shock of losing Turbo.

The top 8 is looking spacious thanks to all the Qld teams making GBS threads the bed this season. :D

ili
Jul 26, 2003

BlindSite posted:

Hard to find a bright spot for the broncos atm at least Farnsworth, Coates, Staggs and Dearden showed some life in the back line. Carrigan, Haas, Flegler were all pretty solid as usual. I think TPJ is wasted on the edge - he was great in the middle the two previous weeks and while some changes were good I don't think they went far enough. Shame they've had so many injuries this year. I think they're up to 13 players hurt right now.

Agree with your points, I quite like the look of Paix as well, would be worth seeing how he and Dearden go as a halves pairing if Turpin recovers at some point.

I've lost track of the injury list, a week or two ago I think it was up to 15. With Glenn, Oates, Fifita, Lodge, Palasia all broken, maybe others I've forgotten too, I've no idea at all why they loaned Bullemor to the Raiders as well.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Upon review though Staggs made some poo poo decisions in defense. I'm not so sure he's got a future.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Roosters off their game today

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
Yay raiders win, but more injuries. CNKs looked bad, all that blood. Do we even have another fullback?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

garycoleisgod posted:

Yay raiders win, but more injuries. CNKs looked bad, all that blood. Do we even have another fullback?
Wighton can play FB I think

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

bowmore posted:

Wighton can play FB I think

After the match in an interview he said he wouldn't have the legs for fullback anymore, but that could've just been a joke. If he did I suppose Sam Williams would come into the halves. Rapana slotted in at first, then when he went off it was Cotric. Oldfield could conceivably play there as well but he sucks.

In contract news, David Fifita is going to the Titans on a megabucks 3 year deal. Ryan James is going to Canberra for 2 years pending a medical.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

After the match in an interview he said he wouldn't have the legs for fullback anymore, but that could've just been a joke. If he did I suppose Sam Williams would come into the halves. Rapana slotted in at first, then when he went off it was Cotric. Oldfield could conceivably play there as well but he sucks.

In contract news, David Fifita is going to the Titans on a megabucks 3 year deal. Ryan James is going to Canberra for 2 years pending a medical.

Is the medical for the Canberra signing team for a head knock?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

iajanus posted:

Is the medical for the Canberra signing team for a head knock?

Possibly.

Titans taking out the trash, also trying to negotiate buyouts for Cartwright & Boyd.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
This Knights doggies games is an utterly punishing slog for both sides. Surprisingly entertaining though, injuries aside

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Ryan James for the money he wants is fine. The worst case scenario is that his knees explode again but it won't be a ton of dead cap.

He was a good prop and it's an area we could do with some back up. Currently we have two very good middle forwards (Papalii and Tapine) and two with a fair upside Guler and horsburgh.

There is every chance Sia won't play next year. If James doesn't work out it's more or less where we are right now

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

QLD is shutting it's borders
Storm should just stay up there and curb stomp Cowboys, Titans and Broncos on repeat until the semis start.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Wow, y'all got lots of rain last weekend. I wish we'd had some of it here in North Carolina.

Also, in :allears:Sonny Bill Williams:allears: news, his latest interview is like looking into my own future post-lockdown:

"I'm 35, I haven't been training so I guess it's against me in that sense, but for me, that's the challenge."

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

The whole SBW palaver seems especially overblown this time around, can't see him playing anything more than a cameo role.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Pretty sure that's the prelude to the Tigers signing him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

iajanus posted: