Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

GI_Clutch posted:

Does anyone know if church sells grass-fed beef? My mom just moved and she's closer than ever to Costco. She's not having luck finding it at the regular grocery store, so she was going to try Costco. I bought her a membership the other year and she buys almost exclusively K-Cups online, which more than makes up for the membership fee for her.

I think it depends on the Costco.

I was watching Brian Shaw’s YouTube channel and he gets some grass fed stuff there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

It's been a while, but did someone ITT say that you could get cheaper Birkenstocks through Costco? I'm not seeing anything on their site, and now I'm wondering if I actually read that here or not.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

therobit posted:

drat what price did you get?

It was 8 something a pound. Also got a NY strip loin for 5 something a pound. I considered getting the peeled tri tips but got the strip mostly just so I could directly compare it to the meat quality I've been getting from Costco for years. They look pretty comparable in terms of marbling. Maybe very slight edge to Costco.

The Smart Foodservice definitely has a bit more of a fat cap on the NY strip than I'm used to at Costco though so you're paying some for the bad kind of fat. Costco is usually pretty well trimmed to about 1/4-1/2 inch of fat whereas these guys have a full inch a lot of their length.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jul 22, 2020

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
*grunts*

ungfh

BEEF

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Enos Cabell posted:

It's been a while, but did someone ITT say that you could get cheaper Birkenstocks through Costco? I'm not seeing anything on their site, and now I'm wondering if I actually read that here or not.
They're seasonal or something. And yeah, they go fast.

My wife saw them online and waited a few days and then they were gonezo.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

They're seasonal or something. And yeah, they go fast.

My wife saw them online and waited a few days and then they were gonezo.

drat, good to know though I'll have to be ready next time.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Currently wearing a pair of Costco Birkenstocks myself :c00lbert:

I bought them late June, and within a couple of days they had disappeared from the website. About $40 off retail for the Gizeh women's sandals, I don't remember seeing any other styles. Definitely a great deal when you can catch it.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I posted in SAMart trying to buy these and someone recommended I post in this thread asking for someone with as400 access to look this up. I don't have an item number unfortunately. I just have this image: https://imgur.com/gallery/cTlGbWu

I can't find them listed on the website or i'd just purchase them there. They are sold on the companys website obviously, but at a insane markup: $14.99 at Costco vs $34.99 on the company website. Can anyone look these up and tell me if they might be somewhere near 28405?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
the tub of Adams Reserve super sharp cheddar slices is surprisingly good, wasn't expecting much for $3.50 per pound but it's surprisingly creamy and good

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Coredump posted:

Cheese.... yuck.

:stare:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Got a dog today for lunch. Sesame seeds on bun. Ketchup and mustard was handed across the counter. No onions.

My last two orders (two Costcos), came with paper straws. Yuck.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

StormDrain posted:

Got a dog today for lunch. Sesame seeds on bun. Ketchup and mustard was handed across the counter. No onions.

My last two orders (two Costcos), came with paper straws. Yuck.

Sip from the cup as god intended, by wrapping your lips around the top and tilting your head back to allow the liquid to pour into your gullet. Then get free refill!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Cross posting from the we all gonna die thread.

Went to Costco today and three people were maskless and 2 or more others were pretending they didn’t notice their nose wasn’t covered the whole time they were in the store.

2 of the three appeared to be a husband/wife and I was In the next aisle over as they were checking out and when they were done I heard the checker apologize to them and the guy say “don’t worry about it” or something similar.

I’m having difficulty coming up with a plausible scenario other than “they’re enormous assholes and made up some ADA bullshit after the checker told them they needed a mask on and the checker caved.”

All three looked like Karen including the guy.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Companies who are hardasses about the mask thing get my respect, apparently Delta airlines do not gently caress around and will have a doctor grill you for an hour if you try to pull some bullshit medical exemption crap.

I don’t think I have ever flown delta tho they are probably horrible in other ways being an airline and all.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
There is no legitimate medical exemption.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I would stand there and go “hippo laws?” After every :words: wall of text until it’s time to clock out

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
The instructions for a free refill were to ask for a new cup and throw the old one out.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

bird with big dick posted:

Cross posting from the we all gonna die thread.

Went to Costco today and three people were maskless and 2 or more others were pretending they didn’t notice their nose wasn’t covered the whole time they were in the store.

2 of the three appeared to be a husband/wife and I was In the next aisle over as they were checking out and when they were done I heard the checker apologize to them and the guy say “don’t worry about it” or something similar.

I’m having difficulty coming up with a plausible scenario other than “they’re enormous assholes and made up some ADA bullshit after the checker told them they needed a mask on and the checker caved.”

All three looked like Karen including the guy.

We need to bring back pillories for these people

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

ShowTime posted:

I posted in SAMart trying to buy these and someone recommended I post in this thread asking for someone with as400 access to look this up. I don't have an item number unfortunately. I just have this image: https://imgur.com/gallery/cTlGbWu

I can't find them listed on the website or i'd just purchase them there. They are sold on the companys website obviously, but at a insane markup: $14.99 at Costco vs $34.99 on the company website. Can anyone look these up and tell me if they might be somewhere near 28405?

I took a look for these (#1454254) at work today and found that the only Costco warehouses carrying them atm are on the west coast.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

priznat posted:

Companies who are hardasses about the mask thing get my respect, apparently Delta airlines do not gently caress around and will have a doctor grill you for an hour if you try to pull some bullshit medical exemption crap.

I don’t think I have ever flown delta tho they are probably horrible in other ways being an airline and all.

hi there. come to the business travel thread. delta is generally regarded as the best american airline by a wide margin. they were my airline of choice before all this poo poo kicked off and their actions throughout this is just reinforcing my decision

(free wifi if you have tmobile too)

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*
Hello fellow church goers, just picked up some steaks and noticed there's a disclaimer that it's been mechanically tenderized and needs to be cooked pretty much well done? Do most of you say gently caress it and eat it rare anyway?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

PIZZA.BAT posted:

hi there. come to the business travel thread. delta is generally regarded as the best american airline by a wide margin. they were my airline of choice before all this poo poo kicked off and their actions throughout this is just reinforcing my decision

(free wifi if you have tmobile too)

I'm a Canook so we get a choice of Air Canada or.. Air Canada most of the time (or westjet if you wanna go budget). Both of which are now packing flights to capacity so hell no I won't be flying anytime soon! :sigh:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Angry Asian posted:

Hello fellow church goers, just picked up some steaks and noticed there's a disclaimer that it's been mechanically tenderized and needs to be cooked pretty much well done? Do most of you say gently caress it and eat it rare anyway?

I wouldn’t.

The issue with the way that do that is the bacteria that is normally cooked off gets pushed down into the meat and well it doesn’t get cooked off if you eat it rare.

Odds are you won’t get sick but if you don’t eat ground beef rare don’t eat those steaks rare.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Which steaks are those?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Cyrano4747 posted:

Which steaks are those?

Cow, probably?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Schadenboner posted:

Cow, probably?

No it's the cat.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

Cow, probably?

Long pig

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Yeah what kinda steaks are they mechanically tenderizing? I just wouldn’t buy them. And if I did buy them I’d make them into chili or something.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
"Cow", probably?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Yeah “cow” makes more sense.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I bought some frozen meat from a door to door salesman once when I was drunk and one of the things that came in the case was (I’m pretty sure) chuck roast that had been tenderized to poo poo to make it a “steak.” It was totally disgusting mush.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

I bought some frozen meat from a door to door salesman once when I was drunk and one of the things that came in the case was (I’m pretty sure) chuck roast that had been tenderized to poo poo to make it a “steak.” It was totally disgusting mush.

Never buy any meat from anyone that drives around with a freezer in the back of their truck selling meat. It's like the pyramid scheme of choice for meth heads.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

Angry Asian posted:

You're probably more likely to get food poisoning from Chipotle than you are from eating a (medium) rare steak from Costco but I'm gonna take the risk either way.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Suxpool posted:

You're probably more likely to get food poisoning from Chipotle than you are from eating a (medium) rare steak from Costco but I'm gonna take the risk either way.

As someone who used to work next door to a Chipotle and ate there for lunch, yes

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ShowTime posted:

Never buy any meat from anyone that drives around with a freezer in the back of their truck selling meat. It's like the pyramid scheme of choice for meth heads.

MEAT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el8LBCKmxLY&hd=1
(quick edit - should include a CW for animated death, nothing violent or gory. But there is a death.)

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
I’ve never even heard of a “J”-bone

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
gently caress man where can I get those keto peanut butter cups they're on my mind

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

FilthyImp posted:

gently caress man where can I get those keto peanut butter cups they're on my mind

People in the thread are confirming that they are only available in San Francisco area stores. You are welcome to come join me in SAMart in trying to get someone in the area to ship me some. It's way cheaper to get them at Costco. I'm offering a goon an easy $20 + shipping to just buy me 5+ bags and ship them to me. I'm about to increase that offer to hopefully get someone in that area to do it for me.

If anyone in this thread is able to buy some, i'd happily pay to have them shipped to me.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Yeah what kinda steaks are they mechanically tenderizing? I just wouldn’t buy them. And if I did buy them I’d make them into chili or something.

Very sadly I think most costco stores do this to almost all their steaks, even like tenderloin and rib eye. It's quite ludicrous. The only way to avoid it is to buy the full roasts and cut them yourself, so that's all I ever do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Our toilet seat with butt hose arrives tomorrow. We are excited and intrigued.