Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mekchu posted:

Sadly, that's not feasible due to the massive weight difference despite me trying super hard to make that a possibility.

Can we feed Matt Hughes big macs with the french fries?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Meadowhill posted:

Can we have a Matt Hughes Invitational gauntlet where it's just Matt Hughes getting hosed up all night long?

barkbell posted:

do his 10 fight contract in one night

both of these

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

was Matt Hughes the guy who, one season of TUF, handed out Bibles to his team and instructed them to find a Biblical figure who reminded them of their coach, Matt Hughes?

or was that someone else

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Troy Queef posted:

was Matt Hughes the guy who, one season of TUF, handed out Bibles to his team and instructed them to find a Biblical figure who reminded them of their coach, Matt Hughes?

or was that someone else

Which one was the guy who was so short he had to climb up into a tree to see Christ?

Mekchu posted:

2. Freight Train being? (i forgot a lot of the nicknames of old)

Much like Sherdog listings for obscure dudes in z league early 2000s one night tournaments who end up remembered by history as Beaver "Beaver" Beaver, US train schedule archives are woefully difficult to navigate, but for the 2010s in Illinois it would have likely been one of the diesel engine classes if that helps you narrow it down. Maybe an E9 or an SD70M-2.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Bluedeanie posted:

Which one was the guy who was so short he had to climb up into a tree to see Christ?

i don't remember but it turns out that yes, Matt Hughes did indeed ask people to compare Biblical figures to him during a TUF season. the man truly is the living embodiment of the more rural parts of the 618 area code, which (along with small rural mid-Missouri towns) are the only places I've ever seen multiple people wear JESUS DIDN'T TAP shirts.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Troy Queef posted:

or was that someone else

He told everyone that he's a lot like Queen Esther

Then, on the comeback season of TUF, when he was a guest coach, he claimed he knew Din Thomas was talking from a distance because he could "see those big lips moving"

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Bluedeanie posted:

Zacchaeus

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We've made it to the next event, PRIDE 15, but first we had a slight issue.

Mikey Burnett got injured and is out of his fight with Brian Gassaway, but it was too short notice to find him a replacement for the card so we moved that Welterweight Championship title fight to PRIDE 16 and are pitting him versus Matt Hughes. DON'T WORRY, I HAVE A PLAN REGARDLESS OF IF HUGHES WINS.

So let's take a look at PRIDE 15 results:

We got a pretty decent show! Hendo won big, and he can face Wandy next if we want that.

It also made us a fair amount of money too.

We've grown a bit, mostly in Japan again.

And our credibility that took a hit has made a rebound

Now, we've also got a new player in town with the WEC forming and launching. But their new CEO is someone we all know...

:staredog::staredog::staredog::staredog:

Now we've also got to look at the new PRIDE 16 main card given Hughes is fighting Gassaway for the title.

PRIDE 16 is going to be a lot of debuting fighters and also help us get started towards our Bushido series (name TBD).

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jul 24, 2020

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's the list of current champions.

Heavyweight - Randy Couture
Middleweight - Dan Henderson
Welterweight - Vacant
Lightweight - Vacant
Bantamweight - Royler Gracie

Openweight GP - Wanderlei Silva
Heavyweight GP - Vacant
Middleweight GP - Dan Henderson

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
make Shamrock v Severn no time limit no round limit

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I refuse to believe that any era of Vitor would be alive after a 10 minute first round, let alone capable of defeating Coleman in the 2nd

I see that the plan to make sure Gary Goodridge develops CTE in this timeline is going along without a hitch

We must use all available resources to take the title away from Royler, as no Gracie is allowed to be successful :colbert:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lid posted:

make Shamrock v Severn no time limit no round limit

Noted and I'll get that match onto the next card.

LobsterMobster posted:

I refuse to believe that any era of Vitor would be alive after a 10 minute first round, let alone capable of defeating Coleman in the 2nd

I see that the plan to make sure Gary Goodridge develops CTE in this timeline is going along without a hitch

We must use all available resources to take the title away from Royler, as no Gracie is allowed to be successful :colbert:

Vitor is actually the #2 contender and high enough to warrant a shot vs Couture for the HW title.

Gary is gonna be given CTE til he quits basically.

Royler has some potential challengers but we should wait until after PRIDE 16 to see who would get the best shot. Or make a 1 night tournament for his belt.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sped ahead to the next event and there's not been too much of major news aside from one of our lords & saviors joining the MMA game...

I acted pretty fast on this one.

Anyway PRIDE 16 went off without a hitch and things turned out pretty sweet for us overall.

Got a nice result with Wandy going on an absolute KO spree lately that's set him up for a nice title fight with Hendo.

Matt Hughes is our new WW champion, but again I HAVE A PLAN FOR THIS, BEAR WITH ME.

Some of our newer division lads made some nice debuts like Big Frog Curran.

We grew a decent amount in popularity as well as making a boat load of cash because I'm underpaying these guys incredibly (which is still higher than the other orgs in this game).

A few days after this event a big mouth brash boy decided to talk about Fedor...

We also got some new highers thanks to DEEP shutting down their WW division, but also picked up this unknown lad that seems to be our CEO's buddy or something. Idk if you've heard of him.

And some dude who has the same name as some bubble gum company

We also sped up time a tad bit further and scheduled 2 more events, the 2nd of which I'll announce later but I want you to see this card and tell me if its as nice as I think it seems.

Sadly for Severn/Shamrock I can't make it a no time limit bout, but we already have a 10min 1st round, and 2 5min rounds after. Hopefully one of the geriatrics gasses out and his opponent wins.

I'm also keeping an eye on DEEP & RINGS to see which we can take over and make our feeder org later. We want their stability to be lower than these which presently are the two lowest in all the MMA orgs.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jul 24, 2020

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
in this game can you only be a promotion owner or can you be a manager and train fighters or what

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

god I hope we get a Gracie losing to MINOWAMAN

and push MIRKOOOOOOOO CROCOPPPPUUUUUUU to the moon. he was what got me into Pride back when it was on summer afternoons on Fox Sports Midwest.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Im severely disappointed this game does not have the ability to do the no time limit/no round limit of Sakuraba v Royce. I really wanted to know what would happen if Shamrock v Severn at UFC 9 could never end.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

barkbell posted:

in this game can you only be a promotion owner or can you be a manager and train fighters or what

Yeah, you can only be the promoter.

Lid posted:

Im severely disappointed this game does not have the ability to do the no time limit/no round limit of Sakuraba v Royce. I really wanted to know what would happen if Shamrock v Severn at UFC 9 could never end.

We can do incredibly long bouts. Like 1x10mins, then 5x5mins.

However that's for the whole org, and not an individual fight.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

are shamrock and severn fighting each other two cards in a row? I'm definitely down to have them do that whenever possible and end up with shamrock v severn 4 a new hope, shamrock v severn great 8, shamrock v severn sweet 16, shamrock v severn 21 - punch drunk etc.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Don't forget to let Stiebling feast on some low level dudes to build up his Brazilian Killa gimmick

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Stiebling getting his poo poo hosed up by Akira Shoji already is like telling the punchline before the joke.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ilmucche posted:

are shamrock and severn fighting each other two cards in a row? I'm definitely down to have them do that whenever possible and end up with shamrock v severn 4 a new hope, shamrock v severn great 8, shamrock v severn sweet 16, shamrock v severn 21 - punch drunk etc.

That was entirely unintentional, but yeah.

LobsterMobster posted:

Don't forget to let Stiebling feast on some low level dudes to build up his Brazilian Killa gimmick

CarlCX posted:

Stiebling getting his poo poo hosed up by Akira Shoji already is like telling the punchline before the joke.

I honestly don't recall Stiebling at all.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I am obviously pleased to see Takada get a win but Pride's biggest star, the main eventer of 6 of the first 7 shows being buried on the prelims is appalling disrespect.

Looking forward to him crushing that cop from Croatia. K1 level kickboxing will never beat Tokyo Dome headlining Nobuhiko Takada. UWF-I NEVER DIE

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mekchu posted:

Noted and I'll get that match onto the next card.

Vitor is actually the #2 contender and high enough to warrant a shot vs Couture for the HW title.

Gary is gonna be given CTE til he quits basically.

Royler has some potential challengers but we should wait until after PRIDE 16 to see who would get the best shot. Or make a 1 night tournament for his belt.

Can we change this part of history? Can we like.... make him retire and go back to Barry and become a competitive rose grower before things get too ugly?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommonShore posted:

Can we change this part of history? Can we like.... make him retire and go back to Barry and become a competitive rose grower before things get too ugly?

Sorry I meant Yvel not Goodridge. No real reason why I got them mixed up :smith:

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Mekchu posted:

I honestly don't recall Stiebling at all.

Stiebling was one of the first "success through uncomfortable racism" guys; he won an international vale tudo championship in a tournament that was themed around USA vs Brazil, so he named himself The Brazilian Killa and got picked up by Pride and promptly smashed Allan Goes and I think Wallid, so at that point basically every Brazilian fighter on the planet wanted to both fight and murder him and he almost talked his way into a main event title fight with Wanderlei, but instead wound up getting completely hosed up by his teammate, some 8-1 debuting dude no one had ever heard of named Anderson Silva, and that was pretty much the end of that overnight.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So progressed a lot of our talent that just fought have recovered, and we got a lot of signings from lighter weight divisions to make our own small man divisions bigger.

Hughes winning the WW title was a bummer, so I set up another 1 night tournament for the WW Title and am going to force Hughes to have to do 1 night tournaments until he loses. Sadly the WW division is a bit thin but this should be a good deal of fun.

We've also set up our own variant of UFC's Fight Night series called PRIDE Chiansa Senshi which Google Translate tells me means "PRIDE Small Warriors" and is going to be our tiny man fighting shows. I went ahead and made the card as you can see below.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Mekchu posted:

So progressed a lot of our talent that just fought have recovered, and we got a lot of signings from lighter weight divisions to make our own small man divisions bigger.

Hughes winning the WW title was a bummer, so I set up another 1 night tournament for the WW Title and am going to force Hughes to have to do 1 night tournaments until he loses. Sadly the WW division is a bit thin but this should be a good deal of fun.

We've also set up our own variant of UFC's Fight Night series called PRIDE Chiansa Senshi which Google Translate tells me means "PRIDE Small Warriors" and is going to be our tiny man fighting shows. I went ahead and made the card as you can see below.

i want to see Von Flue fight Hughes at some point, because when JVF was on The Ultimate Fighter Hughes was his coach and he hated JVF and talked a ton of poo poo about his grappling/wrestling/submission skills

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Let's get started with some updates before revealing the results of PRIDE 17

First up, we got a retirement to announce.

We also got some new people spawning in the game world, some of whom I'm gonna try and sign right away. Frank Mir being one of them but I lost the screenshot. :smith:

With Ginele Marquez I'm going to start to form a women's division and get us early in on the WMMA evolution.

Also Ben Rothwell got in the news which helped our popularity and credibility!

OK now let's look at Pride 17

Hendo beating Wanderlei is pretty big news and gives him a lot of credibility. That's the top 2 guys in the division he has beaten, and an Openweight GP winner too.

Minowaman getting the win over Renzo is also good for us too, since all Gracies are cowards in this universe apparently (Renzo has been turning down fight offers left and right up to this point).

Fedor also put Overeem in his place, to the point I may move Alistair down to our 205lbs division for a spell.

Also Evangalista Santos pulled out of the fight with Paulo Filho with an injury, so I picked up a free agent in the form of Fryklund (his org shut down his division making him easy pickings).

Now...I've played World of MMA for a good while, and I've never seen a fight rated as "awful" like we see with Ken & Dan so let's take a look at how bad of a fight this was.

Here's a match breakdown.

100 combined punches for the whole fight...

Despite this atrocious fight we did grow in popularity.

We also made some good money off the card and Wandy became our first fighter to make over 100k in a single fight.

However, we took a bunch of hits to our credibility thanks to my questionable matchmaking.

Sadly though we had a retirement from one of our legendary fighters. (I should work on getting us a Hall of Fame).

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
We're paying Wanderlei Silva way too much money. What, these guys want to make a living off this poo poo? Not on my watch!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Mekchu posted:

Sadly though we had a retirement from one of our legendary fighters. (I should work on getting us a Hall of Fame).

And he didn't even get his title shot. Oh the injustice. Ah well, time to put on the M.Bison outfit & become Generalissimo Takada, head of HUSTLE.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

gently caress yeah MINOWAMAN, if only it was by a leglock so he could carry on the spirit of Oswaldo Fadda

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm thinking we should host our first event out of Japan. Possibly in China or maybe in South East Asia. Could also try for somewhere in Europe as well. Mainly avoid places that do drug testing, so that we don't get fighters who piss hot and then affect our credibility.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Host it on Liancourt Rocks and cause an international incident.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lid posted:

Host it on Liancourt Rocks and cause an international incident.

You mean Dokdo.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Mekchu posted:

You mean Dokdo.

No i mean TAKESHIMA baka

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lid posted:

No i mean TAKESHIMA baka

Dokdo is Korean.

Edit - This side joke thing may get out of hand so I'm gonna leave it at that before things get derailed too much.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

if we do an event on Liancourt we need to book Yoshihiro Akiyama just to raise further tensions

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I progressed further and ran our "Small Warriors" debut card.

But before we get to that we got some new signees.

Also we reached the period where 9/11 did happen in-game and guess whose card is the first major MMA event since the attacks?

Now onto our event

Royler winning big is good for our title but we should probably work some people up to win the belt off him.

Hughes won the one-night tournament which means he's gonna have to defend his belt ASAP and constantly defend until he loses, then I'm gonna move him up to the next weight division.

For whatever reason the post-event screen either didn't show up or I somehow clicked past it without realizing. So this is our overall progress.

Each % means for that level, so if you look at USA we are ~40% of the way to making it to "High Level Regional", then we'll be able to get up to "National"

Our credibility took a big bump from this card despite the lackluster reviews, and we made some decent money off of it too.

Our stability remains high.

We've set up our next event and this time it's going to be in Brazil. Brazil is 100% lucrative, has no drug testing, and the public perception is high. For comparison, Tohuko, Japan (where we've ran all our events thus far) is 90% lucrative.

I've put together a pretty solid card which has a nice main event wherein we have a hometown hero taking on a gringo for the Pride HW belt.

I have also set up a Grand Prix for the HW Grand Prix belt since we have not put that on the line at all.

Simultaneously, we need to put the PRIDE Lightweight belt on the light so we put together a 4 man tournament we're gonna run as the main events of our next two "Chiansa Senshi" shows as well as put Royler's belt on the line for another Chiansa Senshi show once I get some more guys on the roster to fill out enough of these cards.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I had literally no idea Antonio McKee was fighting that far back. God he sucked.

Fake edit: checking his wiki he's still fighting AND he fought in Bellator just last year AND he won.

How the gently caress do you keep fighting when on your record is you tapped to strikes from Shinya loving Aoki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don't know but here is the aforementioned Aoki/Mckee fight for those that have never seen it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6mPEdAiJpM