Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I feel as though it was very kind of Miura to let Togashi get on the boat just as he got off it.

There must always be a manga stranded on the ocean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."
Holy poo poo this is insanely great. I watched this like 10 times.

Make sure you watch until the very very end.

Chad Caska

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CJkmR3Tf7Q

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
That is pretty great. Also my volume 5 of the sick Berserk omnibus got here which reminded me to finish (re)reading volume 4. I barely know Geiger but it’s really obvious in the best possible way the effect he had on Miura’s art with the Godhand, goddam. The anime was nice and all but nothing beats the manga for something this insanely detailed. At least, not the manga with the anime OST playing in the background probably

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
re-reading the series through the omnibuses has really been scratching my itch for more berserk, but i'm afraid to think about how much the story will manage to advance before the omnibus releases catch up

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

i watched a video where a guy tallies up the releases. Miura originally started that other manga as a way of training assistants, but then he got kind of obsessed with it and started finishing all their pages for them to unify their art style, and Berserk dropped off to 2 or 3 chapters a year. Meanwhile that other comic, which we won't discuss because it caused so much consternation in the previous thread, is getting 3 longer chapters. At this rate we'll be getting a new volume's worth every 3 years, and Berserk will probably take 30 years to finish.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
As much as I want more Berserk I completely understand Miura wanting to do some other stuff creatively, he started Berserk in 1989. I think I'd be at least somewhat bored of a work too after continuously producing it for 30-31 years.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I'm honestly expecting it to end up like Bastard!!!, in that it'll reach the end of an arc and just stops without any solid conclusion to the overal plot.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I've thought about reading Bastard!!! for a long while but the scans seem really bad.

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!
Maybe he should finish the story then.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I've thought about reading Bastard!!! for a long while but the scans seem really bad.

The series was never super popular in the West, so the scan quality varies from decent to "Whatever just scan the out-of-print Viz releases who gives a gently caress". It never really bothered me cause I have all the Viz books and all the scans after those are high quality, but I can see how it might be more difficult to get into the series when you're starting from the very beginning.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Archer666 posted:

it'll reach the end of an arc and just stops without any solid conclusion to the overal plot.
Or he'll sacrifice his notes at the time of his death so we'll never know his intentions, nor even have a concluded arc.

We should probably look at the last 100 chapters and ask which would have been the worst stopping spot in our opinions. (It'll probably be worse than that.)

Is the chapter appearing soon? Next week?

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

We should probably look at the last 100 chapters and ask which would have been the worst stopping spot in our opinions. (It'll probably be worse than that.)

in an alternate dimension the last panel of berserk is that one of the pirates talking about gettin down to some swashbuckling

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

Is the chapter appearing soon? Next week?

Yeah.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

saw some leaked images of this month's chapter and the art is clean is heck hot doggit dam

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I almost think Griffith will be undone by the God Hand somehow, Faustian style

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Translation is done, but American typesetters are asleep. Should be released later today.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

LordMune posted:

Translation is done, but American typesetters are asleep. Should be released later today.

:woop:

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Seems like Guts is being drawn a little different again. I don't hate it.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Love it when the manga uploaders screw up one page and then don't bother to check if it actually fully uploaded

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
An actual second chapter this year. Wow. Maybe 2020 isn't such a hellyear after all. And it has a dorf!

Someone update the graphs!

EDIT: Also yeah seems like page 6 is like half uploaded.

EDIT2: Did it myself:

Captain_duck fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jul 22, 2020

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
Miura seems to be drawing guts kind of thinner and younger looking now.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
CAUSALITY, screams Skull Knight calmly when asked how he got to Whitecastle ahead of Harold and Kumar

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Schierke's Delivery Service

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Just a casual conversation between two friends.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

For those having trouble with page 6, try the ol' ctrl+F5. Torrent going up soon.

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
No, it is not gross, in fact, it's funny, yeah, think of it that way.
finally some god damned answers are coming... in 2023

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
My only issue is that the images are over-compressed, so there's a bunch of jpeg artifacts around the text and shading.

Anyway: :eyepop: MY LIEGE!!! :eyepop:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Andrigaar posted:

My only issue is that the images are over-compressed, so there's a bunch of jpeg artifacts around the text and shading.
Mangadex does that if you don't have an account now to save bandwidth.

If you do have an account turn off 'compressed images' in the settings to get PNGs.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
gently caress yeah dorfs.

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

I had to look twice at the first page to realise that the Skull Knight is not incredibly well hung.

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

Safety Biscuits posted:

I had to look twice at the first page to realise that the Skull Knight is not incredibly well hung.

Lmao that one possessed horse really did condition us for decades to come.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
This chapter, to me, seems to imply that Skull Knight is human soul planted inside of a an armor. Like Alphonse Elric from FMA. Previously, I thought Skull Knight is literally a skeleton man inside of a fancy armor but now it seemed the entire thing is armor. Maybe, a long time ago, after Gaiseric used the Berserker Armor so much that he's dying, Fiora brought him to Hanarr, who created a new armor to hold his soul. Then Fiora performed some kind of ritual to transferred Gaiseric's soul into the new body, while his old human body died. Gaiseric died and Skull Knight is born

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Kharn_The_Betrayer posted:

Miura seems to be drawing guts kind of thinner and younger looking now.

Guts is canonically thinner due to wounds and the armor. The party makes a reference to it at some point. But yeah mostly the armor is killin his rear end

edit: I think Schierke is the one who comments on the weight loss around the end of volume 29? Maybe mentioned before or after that too

Pyrus Malus fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Jul 23, 2020

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Guts canonically is also only in his early 20s. But you know he's being consumed too.

I also think it's OK if Miura wants to change up his style a little he's done it a few times over the course of berserk.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
The image of Guts and skull daddy casually hanging out makes me so happy.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i forget, is the last time guts saw skull knight back when griffith totally owned skull knight into accidently immanentizing the eschaton?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
guts wasn't there. all that happened while he was at sea.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

"Glad you're here, Skull Knight. The world has been transformed while you were gone"
"Really"
"Yeah, like, we encountered crazy tentacle monsters. No qlipoth, no apostles, no kushan magic. Just actual monsters. Crazy"
"Hmmm-hmmm"
"I just know Griffith did this somehow. But he shouldn't have the power to merge dimensions like that. How did he do it"
"Uhm"
"How"
"I think I gotta go"
"HOW"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Causality