Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

hemale in pain posted:

i think the best thing everyone can do is just wear a mask themselves. people who don't are gonna feel very silly when everyone else is.

You overestimate the English and their desire to do anything beneficial for others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

fridge corn posted:

My company is trying to say that we all had a week of holiday during furlough so they're paying us 20% of 5 days of holiday ha ha ha my boss is a liar a thief and a oval office

I am aware that this is most likely illegal what they're trying to do so hopefully we get it all sorted

"uk gov" posted:

Employers can:

require workers to take holiday

The required notice periods are:

double the length of the holiday if the employer wishes to require a worker to take holiday on particular days

Furloughed workers

Workers on furlough can take holiday without disrupting their furlough. The notice requirements for their employer requiring a worker to take leave or to refuse a request for leave continue to apply. Employers should engage with their workforce and explain reasons for wanting them to take leave before requiring them to do so.

If an employer requires a worker to take holiday while on furlough, the employer should consider whether any restrictions the worker is under, such as the need to socially distance or self-isolate, would prevent the worker from resting, relaxing and enjoying leisure time, which is the fundamental purpose of holiday.

So I think they can require you to take holiday while furloughed but they would have had to tell you 2 weeks in advance? but the language is a bit woolly. Also they had to think about it and consider if they were being nice or not.

Barry White
Jun 28, 2008

Luke Skywalker kills Han Solo's son at the climax of Episode VII

Ratjaculation posted:

Congrats on being old enough to do a paper round

I take that back. It's Ratty's fault.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Dell_Zincht posted:

I've seen a lot of Facebook comments on my local news pages from people who are going to refuse to wear a mask on the grounds that the government have told them they have to.

Now I think the Tories have really hosed the dealing of the pandemic and it's probably a case of "too little, too late" but I'm still going to wear a mask while shopping because I'm not a oval office, not because it's the rules.

yeah i mean ive already been wearing a face covering inside shops for weeks

Olympic Mathlete posted:

You overestimate the English and their desire to do anything beneficial for others.

ahh i think it's more of a public feeling of shame and a desire to fit in will win people over to masks assuming enough people wear them.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

considering falling out about it with the gf, she says shes exempt from wearing a mask got shes got asthma. Doesn't stop her getting through a bag of tobacco every few days does it.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

NotJustANumber99 posted:

So I think they can require you to take holiday while furloughed but they would have had to tell you 2 weeks in advance? but the language is a bit woolly. Also they had to think about it and consider if they were being nice or not.

Yeah, basically they could have made us take a week of holiday during furlough, but they never gave us notice so now they are trying to do it retroactively which is illegal

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

NotJustANumber99 posted:

considering falling out about it with the gf, she says shes exempt from wearing a mask got shes got asthma. Doesn't stop her getting through a bag of tobacco every few days does it.

Just tear a little hole in the mask for her to poke the roll ups through, maybe with a rubber gasket - Rona will be burnt up by the embers.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i have received no training wrt mask stuff and am looking forward to an absolute shitshow tomorrow

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i think you just put them on your face

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

im going to stick my hi vis on and nip down tesco and start issuing my own fines for non mask wearers. What they going to do, identify me from cctv? lol no

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

I think it's training with regards as to how to get the public to wear masks.

Which IS going to be a shitshow and I'm loving dreading it.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of masks..today is the last day of my fundraising efforts on Localgiving. If you want to donate, here is the link.

https://localgiving.org/fundraising/sewingforfood/

I counted up the number of masks I've sewn for the last few months. 450ish!

Thanks to everyone here who ordered some, I have a few batches going out today. I hope you like them!

I will still be making them, just trying to figure out the best way to fundraise while getting a little bit for myself. That elastic soon adds up.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

Rondette posted:

Speaking of masks..today is the last day of my fundraising efforts on Localgiving. If you want to donate, here is the link.

Thanks to everyone here who ordered some, I have a few batches going out today. I hope you like them!

I will still be making them, just trying to figure out the best way to fundraise while getting a little bit for myself. That elastic soon adds up.

Your mask I ordered was beautiful, but my nose is too big and it squished it down. I gave it to my sister in law who has a much smaller nose and she loves it.

Have you thought about doing etsy/facebook and donating a percentage of the proceeds instead? like 20% to charity, the rest to you?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

nobody has done the bane voice at me yet

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have been hearing a lot of swearing from outside the last two days.

Today, I went to investigate, it is a guy who lives down the road tryng to change the cam-chain on a citroen C1.

He has tourettes. I am not kidding, he has tourettes.

All this time I thought there was a game on the playing field getting to rowdy.

I offered to help but he said no thx. Up until this point I have only ever done disks n pads n oil n plugs, nothing this major.

He was elbow deep in the engine bay so I am sorta glad he declined cause I could not see wtf he was doing.

sheepdemon
Feb 15, 2004

. . . before turning the gun on himself

Natalie Fartman posted:

I think it's training with regards as to how to get the public to wear masks.

Refuse them service if they aren't wearing one. Its not rocket science.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

sheepdemon posted:

I am literally not allowed to.

e. I mean I could personally refuse to serve them and have my colleagues deal with them but i'm sure that won't go over too well at all.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

sheepdemon posted:

you would think but

sheepdemon
Feb 15, 2004

. . . before turning the gun on himself

Natalie Fartman posted:

I am literally not allowed to.

Retail? That seems like a pretty lovely company policy that should likely make the rounds.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

sheepdemon posted:

Retail? That seems like a pretty lovely company policy that should likely make the rounds.

The problem is people with exemptions. Some are legitimate, but most are not. That does not stop people claiming an exemption, and I am not allowed to ask for details. Unless someone says to me 'I'm not going to wear a mask because I don't want to' I have to assume their exemption is legitimate and serve them.

I am not about to grill every person who walks through the door about their personal medical issues tbh.

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Natalie Fartman posted:

The problem is people with exemptions. Some are legitimate, but most are not. That does not stop people claiming an exemption, and I am not allowed to ask for details. Unless someone says to me 'I'm not going to wear a mask because I don't want to' I have to assume their exemption is legitimate and serve them.

I am not about to grill every person who walks through the door about their personal medical issues tbh.

Just show them a short vit of you ruffling Tunas Hair. If then don't react in any way they're a cyborg you must kill.

We still talking about identifying a T-800 right?

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On masks, I wear them in my local tesco and sainsburys, but for some reason I do not feel the need in my local corner shop who sells me booze.

It is a schizm, from today I will go in with a mask and see what achmed says.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

The Thing but spirometry

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Imo in any shop the manager should be the person who deals with the maskless crusaders, but of course that won't happen.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

CancerCakes posted:

Imo in any shop the manager should be the person who deals with the maskless crusaders, but of course that won't happen.

Lol I am the manager in charge tomorrow

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Natalie Fartman posted:

Your mask I ordered was beautiful, but my nose is too big and it squished it down. I gave it to my sister in law who has a much smaller nose and she loves it.

Have you thought about doing etsy/facebook and donating a percentage of the proceeds instead? like 20% to charity, the rest to you?

Ah, glad it found a good home! I have checked out Ebay, they are set up to donate to the same food bank and I can do a percentage cut there, so I'll set that up after a wee break!

I just realised that the day after my fundraiser ends, mandatory face masks come in. What a timely coincidence.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Natalie Fartman posted:

Lol I am the manager in charge tomorrow

Well as a member of the petty bourgeoisie I'm sorry you must be sacrificed for your workers to thrive.

(Sorry, that is a lovely deal, GL)

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Rondette posted:

yeah fundraising is good but also you should make money for yourself too. i would buy a mask off you.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Sainsburys have already confirmed they won't be enforcing the mask rule nor asking anyone about anything. The whole thing is a joke.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

When you crash in ms flight simulator is it realistic?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Well, the plane doesn't fly any more.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Ratjaculation posted:

So I was working in aisle 7 of Tescos and no one was wearing masks so I went up to everyone and farted in their childrens faces, absolute blasters too - smelt like a rotting whale carcass on a beach, and then I went on the PA system and did a speech about how everyone should wear masks because its the right thing to do and everyone broke into applause and Gina the sexy bakery girl made out with me and let me gently caress her in the butt and then Einstein said congrats
can confirm, i was there shopping for hams and saw einstein high five ratty

NotJustANumber99 posted:

i have asthma and thats not an excuse

give adam your key and move on

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oh i forgot i saw like five rats having a tussle in the park today

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

oh i forgot i saw like five rats having a tussle in the park today

Did you witness the birth of a new rat king?

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Y'all need more cats.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

no the rats were just scampering about, presumably due to lower footfall and food supply than in pre-covid times

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Nature reclaiming the post apocalypse.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

NotJustANumber99 posted:

When you crash in ms flight simulator is it realistic?

I don't believe there's an option to start each flight in 33G with a pair of box-cutters, no

they're holding that back for the DLC

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

CancerCakes posted:

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a shop manager who's paid anything like enough to deal with that amount of grief tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.
Rodent fights are the silver lining to the covid cloud