Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Archive of Night 1 and some bonus stuff. https://twitch.tv/683980595

Night 2 tomorrow at 10pm est probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

RetroMania Wrestling has a War Horse arena and it looks awesome.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Night 2 of the Sasha Bash at Beach tournament!

https://twitch.tv/mellyinchains

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

KungFu Grip posted:

Night 2 of the Sasha Bash at Beach tournament!

https://twitch.tv/mellyinchains

I liked this tournament because i won it

E: and many other reasons

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
WWE Battlegrounds was featured in today's Nintendo Direct

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjVwA2SJ_hg

It's coming to Switch at least, not sure if that was known before. I'm still trying to figure this game out.

So there is that microphone meter that fills up, and them some callout above it like "Special throw +120" which fills the meter up?
Then there are those 3 icons that are associated with button presses?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I don't think the visual style they're going for works. All-Stars was kind of an exaggerated action figure look, here they've all got tiny torsos but big hands, feet, and heads?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Homunculus Mode

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

I don't think the visual style they're going for works. All-Stars was kind of an exaggerated action figure look, here they've all got tiny torsos but big hands, feet, and heads?

Yes. I hate it very much.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
People are doing Kinnikuman moves in FPW now.

https://twitter.com/ToyonakaOJF/status/1279418478168965120

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

kinda wish the aew video game is actually a trios style fighter, like MvC2 or 3.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Yah I want non wrestling wrestling games. AEW RPG please? Yakuza dev NJPW game? Puzzle fighter but gcw?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I would totally be down for a Yakuza type game where you play a wrestler. One of the mini games would be the wrestling match and the rest of the game would be dealing with regular life/the politics of wrestling.

Wrestlers real lives are wacky enough that you could do a ton of fun mini games like in the Yakuza series.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Suplex Liberace posted:

Yah I want non wrestling wrestling games. AEW RPG please? Yakuza dev NJPW game? Puzzle fighter but gcw?

I mean, Kingdom of Trios is basically Puzzle Fighter but Chikara.

It's pretty fun! You can play as Mike Quackenbush and Kobald... and... Juan Francisco de Coronado...

oh god.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Shard posted:

I would totally be down for a Yakuza type game where you play a wrestler. One of the mini games would be the wrestling match and the rest of the game would be dealing with regular life/the politics of wrestling.

Wrestlers real lives are wacky enough that you could do a ton of fun mini games like in the Yakuza series.

This would actually probably be enthralling. You deal with getting blackballed, promoters who promise you one thing and don't deliver, serious underbelly stuff. You could do a merch manager side mode

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Shard posted:

Yeah I think this is the way to go. Give it a relatively do fighting engine for matches but make it open world with lots of side missions, like joining the Dark Order.

Also there should be dedicated buttons to make your character say DEADASS and CHRISTIAN AF

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Just Play SLAMMED

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Basic Chunnel posted:

Just Play SLAMMED

SLAMMED! is the best and, in many ways, only wrestling game ever.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

It is a huge pain that not only does Fire Pro World make you download custom parts and moves for updated characters but it only gives you the part id which you can't search for so you have to enter the URL in manually with that id number

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Isn't "making simple things unnecessarily difficult" the tagline for Fire Pro?

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Made of beef and beef byproduct
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, I wish Firepro would just auto-subscribe me to any custom assets used by an edit wrestler, instead of requiring me to go to a user's workshop page and hope that they listed the moves/parts as "required items."

I know the Mod Pack does that for you, at least, though I don't use it all the time.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

chirico cuvie posted:

Yeah, I wish Firepro would just auto-subscribe me to any custom assets used by an edit wrestler, instead of requiring me to go to a user's workshop page and hope that they listed the moves/parts as "required items."

I know the Mod Pack does that for you, at least, though I don't use it all the time.

I'm on PS4, which doesn't help

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I just want to be able to give downloaded moves to whomst I want instead of having to clone them or delete them and find one with the moves pre-installed

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I Before E posted:

I'm on PS4, which doesn't help

Yeah, I’ve had the itch to get back into Fire Pro, but I do not have the time or inclination to try and download the appropriate pieces for all the CAWs (or figure out which DLC I now need to buy) I subscribed to last time I played 6 months ago.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Nut Bunnies posted:

I just want to be able to give downloaded moves to whomst I want instead of having to clone them or delete them and find one with the moves pre-installed

I'm not sure what you want, honestly.

If you download a move from the workshop the move will be in your list of moves the next time you boot the game and you can give it to whoever.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Am really enjoying Ghost of Tsushima but now Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate is on sale on the PS store and I wanna play that too. Can I play two video games simultaneously?
drat, sometimes I look at the world and think 'can't leave yet, too many video games'.

Edit: Ok wrong thread but this is also fine.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Now that I've seen gameplay footage of Battlegrounds, I can comfortably say that it looks like absolute loving garbage. Meanwhile the same Nintendo Direct that showcased it also had two Shin Megami Tensei games so I know what I'm going for.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Release Persona 5 2 Scramble coward Miyamoto!

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Natsume Championship Wrestling is neat. It's fire proish enough for me to get into it. I still want more wrestling on Switch but this works for when I want a five minute bite of it

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

IGgy IGsen posted:

I'm not sure what you want, honestly.

If you download a move from the workshop the move will be in your list of moves the next time you boot the game and you can give it to whoever.

you can just add the moves to edits you download and didn't create without mods?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

you can just add the moves to edits you download and didn't create without mods?

If that was the question of the person, then no.

To me it sounded like there was some convoluted process attached to assigning downloaded moves that involves finding an edit that already has the moves??? It confused me very much.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of Fire Pro World, now that all the additions are out and it's (mostly) stabilized in terms of patches, I've been so out of it for so long I don't know where to get the Carlzilla mod, or even if that's the mod for Fire Pro these days.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Angry_Ed posted:

Speaking of Fire Pro World, now that all the additions are out and it's (mostly) stabilized in terms of patches, I've been so out of it for so long I don't know where to get the Carlzilla mod, or even if that's the mod for Fire Pro these days.

It is. At this point the main venue for that is the Mod Pack Discord but he also posts on reddit and the steam forums whenever there's a release version update. And of course the FP2 forums, which is a general forum for fire pro modding. There's a couple of other mods in the discord I linked too but they mainly rely on the general mod pack framework made by Carl, so they are more complementary rather than alternatives.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 24, 2020

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Tomorrow at 6 PM EDT, I'm going to be streaming the opening round of my FPW league's trios tournament if anyone is looking for more Fire Pro to watch:

https://www.twitch.tv/punkboy412

It's very much based on stuff like VGCW, so expect lots of video game characters. Feel free to come hang out if you're interested!

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jul 25, 2020

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Behold the prehistory of the Fire Pro Community! This stuff was so cool to me back in the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZSI-xfvgvY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB1FgNXemDc

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm surprised those still exist

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Heads up for the SaltySuplex fans, the streamer's going to be traveling and is going to take down the stream in the meantime for a few weeks.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dakota Kai, Shayna Baszler, Mia Yim and Jessamyn Duke were playing Grounded, a new Early Access game where you roam around the backyard while ant-sized

Needless to say it went well (don't have the audio up high) https://streamable.com/jisqzi

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

The Chikara game just updated as just Action Arcade Wrestling.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Dakota Kai, Shayna Baszler, Mia Yim and Jessamyn Duke were playing Grounded, a new Early Access game where you roam around the backyard while ant-sized

Needless to say it went well (don't have the audio up high) https://streamable.com/jisqzi

Ah good, the horror of SimAnt returns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

So I've managed to Promote the Engineer and the Driller and I've started on the Gunner. The gunner's minigun feels really mediocre. I know part of that is just lacking upgrades but I feel like I'm not putting out nearly as much hurt as my Driller or Engineer, and often find myself scrambling to throw up a shield cause I'm getting overwhelmed even when I've got friendlies nearby.

Also, dumb question, the reload button makes the gunner grab and spin the barrel. I assume that doesn't actually allow you to shorten the spool-up time? EG: You see some bugs starting to burrow through the wall during a wave or you're rounding a corner you know that has enemies around it, so you spin the barrel that way instead of pressing fire to maintain speed and not potentially waste ammo. I assume this doesn't work?