Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I thought we could teach new catchphrases to each villager, but now EVERYONE IN TOWN is saying "porktastic!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I've broken four or five shovels ridding my island of the flower scourge. The things are worse than weeds. I'm not sure if it's just my imagination, but animals seem much more willing to wander the island when there aren't flowers to worry about walking over.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

got celeste + meteor shower. dodo code is e: closed

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jul 23, 2020

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Bringer of sugary treats!

Waltzing Along posted:

Anyone willing to trade/sell potted flowers? I am building a garden and am missing a bunch of hybrids:

2 x Orange Cosmos

1 x Purple Hyacinth

2 x Purple Windflower

2 x Orange Pansy

2 x Green Mums

2 x Purple Tulips

2 x Purple Rose
2 x Blue Rose

I have these for giveaway.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
I need Purple Pansies.

It's the last hybrid I don't have. Will trade for Blue Roses.

ruinous orchid
Jun 30, 2020

Lube Enthusiast posted:

got celeste + meteor shower. dodo code

thank you for letting me drop by! your island is really cute and your Able Sisters had the fur hats I’ve been looking to buy.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Found this weird little cult gathering in my plaza

https://twitter.com/Jayalay/status/1286288532818935808

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

ruinous orchid posted:

thank you for letting me drop by! your island is really cute and your Able Sisters had the fur hats I’ve been looking to buy.

Are my hundreds of barrels of oil visible from the seaplane ride in? this is important

ruinous orchid
Jun 30, 2020

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Are my hundreds of barrels of oil visible from the seaplane ride in? this is important

I don’t know if I saw hundreds, definitely dozens, unless there are even more that weren’t in frame. if you want I can come by tomorrow and record a clip of my flyover, haha. but I’m pretty sure that it’s the first thing you see when Wilbur starts his descent.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Thanks to the guy with the poster library I'm going to terrorize my wife with Rodney poster mailbombs after she finally got rid of him

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

I've got Leif visiting today! If anyone wants some shrubs or seeds let me know and I'll open up for ya.

Also Leif is my favorite and I want him to live on my island. :3:

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
I'm opening up Eigg!

Please help me clean up my beach by taking all the diys and fossils!

Turnip prices are garbage.

If you feel like it, it'd be nice if somebody felt like watering the little flower patch behind Nook's! I've put two gold watering cans there that you're welcome to keep. In addition to that I've left another gold watering can in the little patch of purple mums next to the amphitheater on the west side, feel free to keep that too!

Feel free to take any fruit you want, buy whatever you want etc.

Dodo code is closed

I will likely be AFK

Farten Barfen fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jul 24, 2020

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Farten Barfen posted:

I'm opening up Eigg!

Please help me clean up my beach by taking all the diys and fossils!

Turnip prices are garbage.

If you feel like it, it'd be nice if somebody felt like watering the little flower patch behind Nook's! I've put two gold watering cans there that you're welcome to keep. In addition to that I've left another gold watering can in the little patch of purple mums next to the amphitheater on the west side, feel free to keep that too!

Feel free to take any fruit you want, buy whatever you want etc.

Dodo code is 224RD

I will likely be AFK

I had a great time wandering your lovely island, thank you! It's so beautiful!

Spellman
May 31, 2011

It sounded like nonsense at first, but the more I listened

https://i.imgur.com/GYPMv4n.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/St6qORz.mp4

Gadd
Apr 21, 2020
Hey! We have Jolly Red here on Dozin' with all authentic paintings, excluding what I'm pretty sure is a haunted painting on the bottom row.

I'm opening up my gates now, DODO code: CVT5W. Might be AFK? I do that sometimes.

Dozin' has some neat stuff in the shops today, too. There's an arcade machine and some steampunk goggles, among other things. Other than that, feel free explore the island. Check out the set-pieces, pick some fruit, talk to residents; I'd love to hear thoughts on the layout and design.

Also, if anybody has a natural wooden bench, or the recipe. Or taurus fragments. Or gemini fragments. Or the recipe for the street piano. Or just a street piano Actually that's kind of a lot of things, but if you have any of those, I would be very appreciative and willing to do you a favor in return, or just pay you. Lookin' forward to seein' yas!

EDIT: Looks like the paintings are sold out, folks!
EDIT: I am a liar there's still one real painting and the haunted one.
EDIT: We're closed! Thanks to everyone who dropped by!

Gadd fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jul 24, 2020

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018

eating only apples posted:

I had a great time wandering your lovely island, thank you! It's so beautiful!

Thank you for the compliment! And THANK YOU to everybody that came by and took stuff off my beach, you goons are the best!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Gadd posted:

EDIT: I am a liar there's still one real painting and the haunted one.

Yeah I didn't pick up any of 'em, they were all repeats for my character, even the haunted one.

What I haven't seen before is that army oil barrel variant I had no idea existed. If anyone is ever up for it I'd love to catalogue one if anyone is willing.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Thanks Gadd and Farten! Everyone's islands are so much cooler than mine.

Gadd
Apr 21, 2020
Spinst I'm sure your island is cozy and wonderful, and I would love to visit someday.

Gates are still open but thanks to everyone who's already stopped by, you've been champions, all of you. Thanks for being chill and/or crazy generous? If you ever need an assist let me know.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I been playing this game over past month and shamefully admit I might like it

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Gadd posted:

Spinst I'm sure your island is cozy and wonderful, and I would love to visit someday.

Gates are still open but thanks to everyone who's already stopped by, you've been champions, all of you. Thanks for being chill and/or crazy generous? If you ever need an assist let me know.

I'll get there someday, I've only been playing a month so I'm just waiting to unlock all the cool DIYs and furniture y'all have! And the people in this thread have been rad as heck and I wouldn't have so much cool stuff already if it weren't for it.

ruinous orchid
Jun 30, 2020

Gadd posted:

Thanks for being chill and/or crazy generous? If you ever need an assist let me know.

enjoy the frags and piano! i was the girl in the pirate outfit.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i feel like they should really increase the rare fish window by about 0.25s. i can only catch them in handheld mode because the time it takes my speakers' audio to reach me it will have gotten away. but it's a huge bummer to not be able to catch rare fish without literally disconnecting my switch from the dock

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Honestly it seems more generous than I expected, I haven't had any trouble playing docked. Contrary that with New Leaf, where I have literally caught only one shark without closing my eyes and putting the speaker by my ear.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

I finally caught a scorpion.

My life is complete.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
And yesterday I managed to get knocked out by one for the first time in ages damnit.

I seem to have gotten worse at fishing over time. Somehow I managed to catch 50 fish in a row a loooong time ago. CJ was at my island recently and he wanted me to catch any 5 fish in a row. I managed to fail catching the 3rd fish about 6 times in a row. I don't think I'll ever be able to get the 100 in a row or whatever the nook miles thing is.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Macaluso posted:

Edit: um? Excuse me? I finally find a scallop and the otter didn't show up? This is absolutely 100% my first scallop of the day. Excuse me??? Excuse meeeeeee?????!!!!!!!!

I’ve had it take up to 4 scallops before he’ll show. Usually it only takes 1 or 2 but some days he just hates you.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

track day bro! posted:

And yesterday I managed to get knocked out by one for the first time in ages damnit.

I seem to have gotten worse at fishing over time. Somehow I managed to catch 50 fish in a row a loooong time ago. CJ was at my island recently and he wanted me to catch any 5 fish in a row. I managed to fail catching the 3rd fish about 6 times in a row. I don't think I'll ever be able to get the 100 in a row or whatever the nook miles thing is.

I got up to 83 back on March 27th, apparently. never got that kind of streak ever again (I started using my wired controller).

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Has anyone been able to catch one of those hard to catch fish with a wired controller? Seems impossible if you're not playing handheld.

Lieberhaeschen
Jan 15, 2008
Little by little the terriers make us free!
Does anyone want Graham the smug, goony hamster? If so, I will have him in boxes tomorrow.

Lieberhaeschen fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jul 24, 2020

ruinous orchid
Jun 30, 2020

Normy posted:

Has anyone been able to catch one of those hard to catch fish with a wired controller? Seems impossible if you're not playing handheld.

What’s defined as hard to catch? I only with wireless pro controller + undocked Switch and I’ve caught multiple oarfish, sharks, mahi-mahis.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

There's some that just get away more quickly after biting. The pier fish for example.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
i think the only rare fish i've missed out on is the string fish and thats because I always forget to fish in the river

I just use the joycons wirelessly, although there was a while where i used my wireless snes controller which was definitely laggier or the vibration is weaker than the joycons which made it harder

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I've been playing with the pro controller because my joycons drift wildly.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Normy posted:

I've been playing with the pro controller because my joycons drift wildly.

i fixed my drifting joycon with a relatively cheap chinese kit on amazon since i was past warranty. works just fine now

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Normy posted:

I've caught everything available with a wireless Pro Controller, docked. Most of my missed catches have been me getting twitchy and reeling in too early. I've only had a handful that I reeled in too late. What I do is rely on sound. I close my eyes and listen for the plonk sound, and immediately reel it in when I hear it. I rarely gently caress it up.

EDIT: I got the 100 streak Cast Master this way too.

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jul 24, 2020

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

I have a Lite, so no vibration. Once I read (p sure in this thread!) to close my eyes and listen for the catch, I hit that 100 streak in no time.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Ok I'll keep at it. I've definitely noticed I have more success in handheld though.

It also took me awhile to realize you only need to press A once and don't need to mash it rapidly to reel in.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Oh geez, yeah. Took me awhile until I found out you only hafta hit A twice to speed up making a recipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007

Lieberhaeschen posted:

Does anyone want Graham the smug, goony hamster? If so, I will have him in boxes tomorrow.

Dang, I do.

I have Stella the sheep in boxes today. She's a good sheep.
https://villagerdb.com/villager/stella