Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
kind of looks like the white socks lettering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Not enough squid-y pink / orange / magenta, but I can give them time.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Yeah it's not mindblowing or particularly ground breaking but I'm happy with the overall concept and am curious to see where they go with it from here.

also it's not sockeye(s) so today is A Win and relieving that I don't have to worry about that minor-league-as-hell name anymore woooo

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Troy Queef posted:

Early ain't watchin' no hockey, that's for chalkies.

Now Russell Bandit Reynolds Jesse James Kenny The Gambler Rogers #3 The Intimidator Dale Earnhardt Kenny The Gambler Rogers America Is #1 Cuyler, on the other hand...

Early will whore himself out for whatever gets him that sumbitchin' money check. Plus, we know there's plenty of party liquors and (legal) inhalants in Washington...

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/1286478664905961472

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
forget max and kaapo.. which epileptic nhlers need to opt out?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Is that Chara or a cardboard cutout?

I was going to make that joke about Dan Girardi, the slowest NHLer I could think of, but he finally retired.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Can't wait for chelsea dagger to echo through Edmonton's rink... Repeatedly.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Are they planning on covering the seat sections or something?

They should have some form of virtual audience participation, maybe a big screen across from the benches which is some sort of twitch chat stream.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Ranzear posted:

Nobody not from the west coast knows what the gently caress a sockeye is. That'd be like being the Geoducks.

I mean who really knows what a Blue Jacket is? Hell what’s the over/under on % of people (Americans) that know what a bruin is? I’d take the under at 50%. Flyer? Red wing?? You think most people know what a kraken is??

geoducks would be a great name and the logo would be even better, and think about all the Freudian slips Pierre would have

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

i want to hear pierre mcguire say "geoducks"

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Whaddya mean they're not ducks?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

tofes posted:

I like it, way better than the Golden Knights

NHL hosed up worrying about their image and gambling and that kinda poo poo by not letting them be the Aces

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bill Foley starts every game with a video where he arrives in an attack helicopter to help his assault rifle toting hockey players loot some antiquities.

It was always going to be military worship.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Trying to think of more... The Caps' Weagle and Carolina's thirds come to mind. I think the yellow triangle in the Penguins logo is a reference to the city somehow.
Yep, "Golden Triangle" is one of the nicknames for the downtown area what with the bridges and what have you. Had to look that up, good memory.

Edit apparently it harkens back to when the French and English were fighting over it in the 1700s

B Squad Leader
Nov 1, 2009

The tip of the "I" in the Islanders logo points to the location of Nassau Coliseum; patiently waiting for the updated Yslanders or Wslanders art in the next year or two

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
Disappointed we didn't name our NHL team the Seattle Freeze, our logo could have been a man in a hoodie looking down at his feet(socks with sandals for that authentic Seattle feel) while walking.

Excited to get NHL in Seattle,can't wait for the draft.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Bill Foley starts every game with a video where he arrives in an attack helicopter to help his assault rifle toting hockey players loot some antiquities.

It was always going to be military worship.

Yeah, he spent a year tying to convince Westpoint to let them be the Black Knights and only reluctantly settled on the Golden Knights when they refused.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
While we are at city references in logos , the Flyers logo is a “P” , which is referencing the city of Philadelphia that they play in.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

My favourite thing about the Flyers is that they held a contest to name the team and they didn't feel that season tickets were a good enough prize so they gave that to the runner up. The winner got a TV.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

That's basically exactly what the Lakers game looked like last night, plus high school quality lighting and camera angles. Can't wait.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Experience the thrill of the Edmonton Bubble

https://twitter.com/SportsnetSpec/status/1286400627409477634?s=19

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yeah but the indoor swim-up bar sounds great.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Fake crowd noise provided by EA Sports.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
New camera angles to annoy the gently caress out of every fan who watches hockey with any regularity.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Seattle name and logo is... fine... I guess. Pretty safe and boring, but very on-brand for the NHL.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
Seattle name and logo is great.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Read an article speculating that the Caps will likely sacrifice TJ Oshie to the Kracken in the expansion draft. We can’t keep all our expensive aging stars, he’s a native of Washington state and still has brand power they could use to sell tickets.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Dr Zaius posted:

New camera angles to annoy the gently caress out of every fan who watches hockey with any regularity.

Hopefully they'll have people stand in the lower half of the screen to emulate the Joe Louis experience for Detroit gam- lmao

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Read an article speculating that the Caps will likely sacrifice TJ Oshie to the Kracken in the expansion draft. We can’t keep all our expensive aging stars, he’s a native of Washington state and still has brand power they could use to sell tickets.

Oshie to the Kraken is all but a given, Seattle would be nuts not to select him even with that contract. Tyler Johnson from Tampa is a strong possibility too. And uh Loui Eriksson has deep ties to Washington state.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Also Lucic was born and raised in some city whose name escapes me right now, but it's only about a 3 hour drive from Seattle and I know he has deep ties because of it.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Misanthrope posted:

Also Lucic was born and raised in some city whose name escapes me right now, but it's only about a 3 hour drive from Seattle and I know he has deep ties because of it.

Too bad he has a NMC which means he must be protected by the Flames. :smug:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Does that mean they can't shove the Kraken a pick to take him?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

ThinkTank posted:

And uh Loui Eriksson has deep ties to Washington state.

HAH, nice try...

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Trying to think of more... The Caps' Weagle and Carolina's thirds come to mind. I think the yellow triangle in the Penguins logo is a reference to the city somehow.

The star in the CBJ's logo is wrapped in the Ohio flag, which is in the shape of a "C".

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jul 24, 2020

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Kilza posted:

Too bad he has a NMC which means he must be protected by the Flames. :smug:

Treliving has always talked around that and the sense is that Lucic would waive it for Seattle.

I'm a Flames fan so I'm used to perpetual mediocrity and disappointment... I'm sure we'll lose Kylington in order to protect 10 goals and 20 points a season.

But the intangibles ... oh the intangibles.... I mean he punched a couple of guys in the face last season and only got suspended for it once I think. You just can't replace that.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Reminder that the Seattle Kraken hasn't lost to a Zamboni driver who works for them

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

This is the most Edmonton thing I have ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

ThinkTank posted:

Oshie to the Kraken is all but a given, Seattle would be nuts not to select him even with that contract. Tyler Johnson from Tampa is a strong possibility too. And uh Loui Eriksson has deep ties to Washington state.

Yeah -- to add: Tyler Johnson is from Spokane and played for the Spokane Chiefs. If he's available, I'd be shocked if they don't take him.

For that reason, Seattle will also hire Mike Babcock.