Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Stans balls getting whacked and getting a super high voice was super juvenile but the payoff when he starts singing is phenomenal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Oops, I meant

The_Doctor posted:

I liked that this episode implied all the other episodes ever took place in the last year.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/AmericanDadTBS/status/1286346121397391362?s=20

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

drrockso20 posted:

I still absolutely loathe that aspect of the show, I've said this before but I'd love a good animated sitcom that maintained perfect continuity between episodes and seasons and also did Status Quo changes right

Try Archer and/or Frisky Dingo.

Finally! A win for Klaus!

Also, American Dad has had some amazing B plots, but my personal favorite is "Trapped in a Locker": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-50WW-59Jdk

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
This is why we need a dog, Francine.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

What's the best b-plot in American Dad? My candidate is the "bottom-tier spaghetti sauce turns the smiths into italians" is mine.

Shell Game is absolutely my favorite TBS-era episode, with Rabbit Ears as like, a 1.5th. They're both my favorite episode, depending on the day.

As for my favorite B-plot? It's

limp_cheese posted:

Roger Final Destinationing those frat guys with the limo. That horn gets me every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye9gyqtfNQM

As for my favorite B-plot that hasn't already been mentioned in this thread? The one where Steve & his friends go to space camp, but it turns out to be the one week where they're honoring the administrative staff instead of actually doing space stuff.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

It really is Klaus's season :unsmith:

Edit: If we're talking great B-plots, we can't forget Haley trying to seduce The Weeknd

MizPiz fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jul 24, 2020

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Try Archer and/or Frisky Dingo.

Finally! A win for Klaus!

Also, American Dad has had some amazing B plots, but my personal favorite is "Trapped in a Locker": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-50WW-59Jdk

Frisky Dingo completely fell apart about halfway through it's last season(literally the moment the Presidential Election arc got dropped), and Archer fell apart during that cocaine season and never recovered

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

drrockso20 posted:

Frisky Dingo completely fell apart about halfway through it's last season(literally the moment the Presidential Election arc got dropped), and Archer fell apart during that cocaine season and never recovered

But they do abide by continuity! Like, regardless of what you think of the quality if the show, the continuity is there.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

But they do abide by continuity! Like, regardless of what you think of the quality if the show, the continuity is there.

I need quality along with the continuity

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

drrockso20 posted:

I need quality along with the continuity

Then you should have specified that requirement in the initial request. As far as "American Dad Associates" is concerned, our deal is concluded. If you have further inquiries you may start a new service request. We wish you a pleasant day. Please rate your call.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

cant cook creole bream posted:

Then you should have specified that requirement in the initial request. As far as "American Dad Associates" is concerned, our deal is concluded. If you have further inquiries you may start a new service request. We wish you a pleasant day. Please rate your call.

0/10 see me after class

MikusR
Jan 5, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

Archer fell apart during that cocaine season and never recovered

Space season is at least as good (if not better) as early seasons

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

drrockso20 posted:

I agree with you about Archer a little bit. They evntually started doing seasons as their own self contained thing which worked well sometimes. The noir one and the tropical island one I thought were good. I'm also biased towards the tropical island season because I love one eye jokes.

I hated the space season. Cheryl was the only good part of it I thought since she's always trying to kill the crew and commit suicide.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

I liked that this episode implied all the other episodes ever took place in the last year.

I wonder if someone has gone through every episode and documented how much time has actually passed on the show. Not just an episode counting as a day but episodes that take place over a long period of time. Like the Clooney episode takes place over an entire year since it opens with Francine's birthday and ends with her next birthday.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
If you tried mapping out the show's continuity on a timeline, it would look like a death metal logo.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I'm the kind of nerd who loves putting little toys around their work space, and for a long time I've been on the look out for a set of American Dad figurines (which despite how long the shows been on the air has very few toys available). Recently on ebay I came across a set of bendables that had the entire main cast (including Klaus!) and I was like "Oh! That's perfect!" then I noticed that it costs over 700 dollars: https://www.ebay.com/i/373089773012?chn=ps

Yeah, that's a little out of my price range...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
SDCC@Home panel tomorrow here.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

SDCC@Home panel tomorrow here.

Video is private now apparently

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Video is private now apparently

Because it’s not tomorrow yet?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The_Doctor posted:

Sure, you say that now...

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

The_Doctor posted:

Alright Mr. Time Lord, explain how it's still not up even though it is tomorrow.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

MizPiz posted:

Alright Mr. Time Lord, explain how it's still not up even though it is tomorrow.

It's not sufficiently tomorrow.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

First, Do No Farm
Season 17, Episode 15
Concerned that Hayley is too soft-hearted, Stan attempts to make her farm tough by turning the house into an urban homestead.

https://twitter.com/AmericanDadTBS/status/1287055075295350784

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jul 25, 2020

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

Are you sure? Check again

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What episode was it that had some old timey song and they started listing off all the other songs the songwriter wrote and it turned out they were real?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

What episode was it that had some old timey song and they started listing off all the other songs the songwriter wrote and it turned out they were real?

"Take Me Out to The Ballgame," regarding the author of aforementioned song, Albert Von Tilzer

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Brawnfire posted:

"Take Me Out to The Ballgame," regarding the author of aforementioned song, Albert Von Tilzer

Is that the name of the episode?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is that the name of the episode?

Oops no my bad it's "Fantasy Baseball" I believe

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
"It's a fit!"
:staredog:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Harold Fjord posted:

"It's a fit!"
:staredog:

I feel like they've used that punchline for a lot of gags

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

MizPiz posted:

I feel like they've used that punchline for a lot of gags

S8 wrestling The legless wrestler puts on the bottom half of the old man and runs off.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

limp_cheese posted:

I agree with you about Archer a little bit. They evntually started doing seasons as their own self contained thing which worked well sometimes. The noir one and the tropical island one I thought were good. I'm also biased towards the tropical island season because I love one eye jokes.

I hated the space season. Cheryl was the only good part of it I thought since she's always trying to kill the crew and commit suicide.
See, I thought the Noir and Island ones were the worst ones. The space one was somewhat better than the last two. I’m glad they are going back to regular stuff for the new season. What I’m not sure of is whether or not this is the last season, since the original plan was to stop at season 10.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Harold Fjord posted:

S8 wrestling The legless wrestler puts on the bottom half of the old man and runs off.

I swear there are at least two other times that they did it, but I could be wrong.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I JUST realized that there's a new episode tonight, but the Mets are winning so I'm going to have to sit this one out.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
uh is gregs child a baby for some reason?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

YeahTubaMike posted:

I JUST realized that there's a new episode tonight, but the Mets are winning so I'm going to have to sit this one out.

No worries, by the time the games over the new episode will be up on all the secret illegal free video sites we're all aware of but not allowed to talk about.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Plant MONSTER. posted:

uh is gregs child a baby for some reason?

We are the music makers. We are the dreamers of dreams.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Was there a new episode tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Milo and POTUS posted:

Was there a new episode tonight

Yes, but it's not up anywhere yet