Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i cNt believe you actually posted that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Ask your doctor if it's right for you, echi!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

my knees hurt

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

fart simpson posted:

my knees hurt

well now your fingers are gonna hurt, because you just pulled posting duty.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
anybody else’s knees hurt?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

President Beep posted:

for the last 16 years or so, yeah

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
My knee was hella weak and hurting going up a couple steps. My doctor gave me some orthotics to wear in my shoes and a few rehab exercises and now it's completely better

Your knees are probably weak and your gait is slightly wrong. Correct yo step and do the PT.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i have osteoarthritis and a (partially) torn acl and did a fuckload of PT over the years

i hate how people always talk about PT like it's a loving miracle. yes it can help (it certainly helped my neck pain) especially if inactivity is the problem, but if overactivity is the problem my limited experience has shown me it doesn't do much or can make things worse. a lot of the time you need to just give your body time to heal

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the worst chronic pain problems I've dealt with [achilles and wrist] were both caused by overtraining, aging is lame

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

*computer toucher voice* actually my doctor says im working out too much. i need to exercise less to stay healthy

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

that wasn't a humblebrag, as you age the amount of activity you've been doing your whole life slowly becomes more than your body can handle as your joints crumble to dust

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

yeah i know, im in my 30s

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I'm turning Thirty-Hmph this year.

:(

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

yeah i know, im in my 30s

haha more like grandpa simpson am i rite?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Schadenboner posted:

Have you tried suckadongandlol?

laffo

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Schadenboner posted:

Have you tried suckadongandlol?

President Beep posted:

fart simpson posted:

my knees hurt

Cold on a Cob posted:

for the last 16 years or so, yeah

lol gently caress y'all should use kneepads

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

my knees don't hurt much but when i squat they make loud noises

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

oh gently caress. thanks for reminding me, coac. I’m putting down flooring this weekend and i need kneepads.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

echinopsis posted:

I've talked with tons of migraine havers and the variety and breadth of drugs is impressive

one I can think of at the moment

prochloperazine
sumatriptan/rizatriptan
sandomigran
caffiene/ergotamine
propranolol
codeine
paracetamol
ibuprofen
doxylamine

I take metclopramide (anti emetic) and diclofenac (nsaid painkiller) for migraines. it’s take meds and lie down in a dark quiet room or barftown.

never had an aura, just skull-ripping pain, violent barfing and explosive shits.

if suckadongandlol actually cured my migraines I would be totally down.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

President Beep posted:

I, as a geriatric yosposter thought I would do amazing flips and tricks to impress my children but ended up breaking my knee and now several years later it still aches

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

axolotl farmer posted:

I take metclopramide (anti emetic) and diclofenac (nsaid painkiller) for migraines. it’s take meds and lie down in a dark quiet room or barftown.

never had an aura, just skull-ripping pain, violent barfing and explosive shits.

if suckadongandlol actually cured my migraines I would be totally down.

i used to get horrible migraines (all of what you describe plus the auras) in my teens and early 20s but i think it was related to my disturbed sleep and poor sleeping habits. i used to frequently get sleep paralysis and often sleepwalked.

all of that mostly resolved itself in my late 20s vOv

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cold on a Cob posted:

i used to get horrible migraines (all of what you describe plus the auras) in my teens and early 20s but i think it was related to my disturbed sleep and poor sleeping habits. i used to frequently get sleep paralysis and often sleepwalked.

all of that mostly resolved itself in my late 20s vOv

that's when you were replaced by an alien replica

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

motherfucker i am the alien replica

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

President Beep posted:

motherfucker i am the alien replica

Yeah that's the point.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

3D Megadoodoo posted:

that explains why i got a million times nerdier around that time too

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cold on a Cob posted:

that explains why i got a million times nerdier around that time too

yeah they would've replaced you at 16 as usual but your starting level was so high they had to recalibrate the morgellonizer

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

3D Megadoodoo posted:

yeah they would've replaced you at 16 as usual but your starting level was so high they had to recalibrate the morgellonizer

lol

:supaburn:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Speaking of Morgellons syndrome I once had a splinter (or so I thought) in my foot and when I removed it it was a loving hair. What are the odds of that.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
More common than you'd think. that happens to me pretty frequently when i do a beard trim. those little 2mm chunks of beard hair are actually stiff and sharp enough to get between skin cells. poo poo's weeeeird

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Cold on a Cob posted:

i used to get horrible migraines [...] all of that mostly resolved itself in my late 20s vOv

I’m 45 and I don’t get them too often. less than once a month. no clear trigger, too much sun, stressing for a long while and then relaxing, pisces too low in the lower quadrant of ascendant Jupiter, idk.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i had a cow orker who would get crazy migranes

like all of a sudden with no warning she'd just go completely blind and we'd have to take her to the back room and let her lie down and take medicine

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

did someone say cow?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
yeah my migraine situation is relatively mild but still sucks. basically i just get these sudden disorienting electric waves going across my brain that make me feel like my eyes are pointing in two slightly different directions. maybe 1/5 of the time about thirty minutes later i'll have a sudden squeezy headache that lasts for less than thirty seconds and is gone. it's weird and disorienting but it's not debilitating, my main issue with it is that i want to be 100% sure it's not something nastier.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

rotor posted:

like all of a sudden with no warning she'd just go completely blind and we'd have to take her to the back room and let her lie down and take medicine

Sounds like a weirdboy, get her a copper staff to earth away the psi-energy?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

rotor posted:

one of our principal engineers is absolutely constantly destroyed with migraines. he's taken three months off before just to lie in a cold dark room and cry through it. really good dude and one of the smartest people i've ever met. he's thinking about retiring at the end of the year and he's in his early 40s. just can't work any more.

moved back to the netherlands in february because even with our best in class insurance he couldn't get the treatments and medications he needed to control it in the states. talk about timing

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ShadowHawk posted:

My knee was hella weak and hurting going up a couple steps. My doctor gave me some orthotics to wear in my shoes and a few rehab exercises and now it's completely better

Your knees are probably weak and your gait is slightly wrong. Correct yo step and do the PT.

i grabbed some powersteps and it really helped my plantar fasciitis, I felt a bit silly for not trying them sooner

as for knees, mine only recently stopped hurting when it was cold after a car accident that banged my legs up but left me otherwise okay. now its all about my hip hurting from sitting too much on video calls and not having to walk as much working from home

3D Megadoodoo posted:

my knees don't hurt much but when i squat they make loud noises

i have an ankle that sometimes just cracks a little every step and it gets annoying when im walking in long hallways

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Speaking of Morgellons syndrome I once had a splinter (or so I thought) in my foot and when I removed it it was a loving hair. What are the odds of that.

ha same thing happened in my hand from a bit of stubble last week

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
anyone here with joint problems taking omega 3? like fish oils etc?

your dietary balance between omega 3 and omega 6 has an impact on inflammation, we want omega 3 to be as high as possible and the easiest ways to achieve that is omega 3 supplements and reducing omega 6 in the diet which is seed oils like canola etc

it’s not too hard to give it a shot to see if it helps

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i order to breed good helf i’m gonna match anything non-water that i drink 1:1 w/ water

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

1:1 ethanol and water sounds good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ohhhhhh dear I don't think it's a broken rib, it's my liver lmaooooooo.