Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

a mysterious cloak posted:

Our toilet seat with butt hose arrives tomorrow. We are excited and intrigued.
You'll want the water to be warm first because that initial spray is very new.

Eventually you'll learn that from the tap is best.

Also be careful with the pressure. :coffee:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

a mysterious cloak posted:

Our toilet seat with butt hose arrives tomorrow. We are excited and intrigued.

been keeping your butts extra dirty to see how it stands up to a challenge?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

ShowTime posted:

People in the thread are confirming that they are only available in San Francisco area stores. You are welcome to come join me in SAMart in trying to get someone in the area to ship me some. It's way cheaper to get them at Costco. I'm offering a goon an easy $20 + shipping to just buy me 5+ bags and ship them to me. I'm about to increase that offer to hopefully get someone in that area to do it for me.

If anyone in this thread is able to buy some, i'd happily pay to have them shipped to me.

What’s it look like

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

ShowTime posted:

Never buy any meat from anyone that drives around with a freezer in the back of their truck selling meat. It's like the pyramid scheme of choice for meth heads.

Manuel Calavera posted:

MEAT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el8LBCKmxLY&hd=1
(quick edit - should include a CW for animated death, nothing violent or gory. But there is a death.)

What the christ was that

Here are professionals at work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q9LvBUCgsI

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

hakimashou posted:

Gotta get your money's worth.

Azuren
Jul 15, 2001

Costco meat departments do use a mechanical tenderizer and most of the big sub-primal cuts do go through it before they're cut into steaks. Iirc a couple cuts are not ran through the tenderizer (been a while, I forget which ones) but the meat department labels for all of the steaks have that "mechanically tenderized" warning disclaimer on them as a CYA.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s not CYA.

They have to put it on the package per the USDA.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

FilthyImp posted:

You'll want the water to be warm first because that initial spray is very new.

Eventually you'll learn that from the tap is best.

Also be careful with the pressure. :coffee:

Good to know. No need to punish my butt any more than the usual Friday night.

hakimashou posted:

We were, but delivery won't be until Monday now. I keep saving up and it'll be like sitting on month-old cake.

Azuren
Jul 15, 2001

MarcusSA posted:

It’s not CYA.

They have to put it on the package per the USDA.

Interesting, did not know that! I mostly remember the discrepancy that some of the cuts that weren't actually tenderized still said they were on the label. I want to say it was the filets mignon (cuz tenderloin), and the bone-in prime t-bones, and maybe one other thing, but I'm not certain.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
They should irradiate the cuts before they blade tenderize :science:

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

USA needs to wake up to the hip trend of huge tubs of salt beef and cotton bag-boiled duffs for dessert.

Cant get sick if you are living that high brine, long boil lifestyle.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

What should I make with my Costco crab I was going to make seafood chowder but then my gf pointed out that a heavy rear end chowder is maybe not the best when it’s 95 degrees out.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

What’s it look like

https://imgur.com/gallery/cTlGbWu

Here's my thread in SAMart we are talking about them too: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3933394

Edit: And if you were curious if these are actually legit for any diet, the answer is yes. All of the ingredients are fine. If you eat more than 2 of these in a sitting, you'll like have explosive diarrhea. Other than that, they are great for a low carb, no sugar diet. No tricky sugar alcohols that spike your blood sugar.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
how you guys washing your produce

I brought home strawberries cuz I like strawberries but it's like, man I should probably do more than rinse in tap water considering how many karens be farting around those things in the walk in fridge

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

I brought home strawberries cuz I like strawberries but it's like, man I should probably do more than rinse in tap water considering how many karens be farting around those things in the walk in fridge

I rinse my broccoli, which is apparently already rinsed, by cutting them up into a colander, running cold water over them, tossing them around in the colander, rinsing and then letting them drain. Then I repeat once more. So far, so good.

I've read stories of people watching shoppers at Costco sample fruit from a sealed container then putting it back and grabbing a fresh one. During COVID. People are animals.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

bird with big dick posted:

What should I make with my Costco crab I was going to make seafood chowder but then my gf pointed out that a heavy rear end chowder is maybe not the best when it’s 95 degrees out.

Crabcakes

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Turn the air conditioning on

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Lobster rolls but with crab

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Fallom posted:

Turn the air conditioning on

That’s what I told her but she remains unconvinced.

Probably will make crab cakes. I made some just a week or two ago but it was with canned crab and it was also the easy America’s Test Kitchen recipe so maybe I’ll try the more complex recipe with the fresh(er) crab and see if it really knocks my socks off.

Will probably make some stock with the shells but I can just freeze it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
make buttery super unhealthy crabcake sandwiches OP

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Alan Smithee posted:

Get some vegetable wash or some ultra-mild diluted soap and make your own. Unscented castile soap (the same kind the ALL IN ONE Dr. Bronners soap is) works a treat. Put broccoli in a large bowl, fill that with water and a bit of your wash. Swish em around with your hands for a minute, drain and rinse a couple times to make sure the soap is off. Then, enjoy!
It's real easy and makes a gigantic difference in taste on lots of things but especially berries. Scrub your potatoes with a stiff brush and some veg wash too and be AMAZED.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

KakerMix posted:

Get some vegetable wash or some ultra-mild diluted soap and make your own. Unscented castile soap (the same kind the ALL IN ONE Dr. Bronners soap is) works a treat. Put broccoli in a large bowl, fill that with water and a bit of your wash. Swish em around with your hands for a minute, drain and rinse a couple times to make sure the soap is off. Then, enjoy!
It's real easy and makes a gigantic difference in taste on lots of things but especially berries. Scrub your potatoes with a stiff brush and some veg wash too and be AMAZED.

Literally just got some of he babby soap. Is good soap.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Crab fried rice is good too

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Filet Oskar

sandball
Jan 6, 2006
Make the chowder anyways and just serve some up cold the next scorcher.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Just make a non-cream based soup.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Dump your girlfriend. Bonus: more chowder for you.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

OP are you taking care to pronounce chowder in an imitation JFK voice as loudly and as often as possible? This is critical for proper enjoyment of the soup and should not be overlooked in any recipe. The same applies for crab cakes, but to a lesser extent.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Make gumbo with that crab right now

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Just make a non-cream based soup.

gently caress non cream based soups

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Good old cream of gently caress soup.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

by the handful straight to da DOME

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Eat that heavy rear end soup and drink some crisp loving beer and lounge around in your chairs like Dionysus intended. Not like you have anywhere to go, it's 2020 baby!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

tangy yet delightful posted:

Eat that heavy rear end soup and drink some crisp loving beer and lounge around in your chairs like Dionysus intended. Not like you have anywhere to go, it's 2020 baby!
/

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Fill an inflatable pool with chowdah and wallow in it like a dirty piggie

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

therobit posted:

Have you tried a restaurant supply store like Smart Foodservice (formerly cash and carry)? I want to say I paid $5ish/lb for a vac pack of 8 or 9 peeled tri-tips. It was over a hundred bucks but we will be eating steak once or twice a week for a month or two.

I cooked the first ribeye from Smart Foodservice and it was excellent. Sous vide for ~2 hours at 130 and then seared in cast iron.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
is it the mixed nut butter that people were saying was really good apart from the oil separation, or was that the organic peanut butter?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Paul MaudDib posted:

is it the mixed nut butter that people were saying was really good apart from the oil separation, or was that the organic peanut butter?

I didn't like the mixed nut butter much. It wasn't bad, it was just overly sweet. I liked the crunch of it though. Not chunky like chunky peanut butter, but it wasn't smooth either.

I have yet to meet a peanut butter I haven't enjoyed, so I imagine that organic peanut butter is very good.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
I like the Kirkland Brand Organic Peanut Butter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I like any peanut butter where there are two ingredients.