Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Cavauro posted:

Indeed. Rikishi has won the NXT World title.

Hell yea

Imma put a little rear end on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

Indeed. Rikishi has won the NXT World title.

I want to see Adam Cole lose to Rikishi's rear end based offense.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

What does it say about the quality of the match when you can just interchange any finish on the end of it? That's pretty much my problem with WWE these days.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

What kind of RuPaul's Drag grande finale bullshit is this?

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Pylons posted:

Archer capitalizes with a Blackout to the outside

:stonk:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Per PWInsider Heath Slater will be on Raw. He's still fired but still under the 90 day no compete elsewhere window

TNA is still likely to get him when his 90 days are up on Slammiversary day
https://twitter.com/HEATHXXII/status/1280118371955150848

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Just once last chance to infect him with COVID so he can't work anywhere else?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The Cameo posted:

Watch in awe as Keith Lee and Adam Cole attempt to recreate Community episode Remedial Chaos Theory as a wrestling match

Marvel as Kyle O'Reilly smokes weed in the locker room and dances to ringside like a goof... oh wait, he does that every week.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Pylons posted:

All of Fyter Fest night 2 has been leaked from a pretty reputable source:

On today's Observer, Meltzer says there's supposed to be another Cody TNT Title Challenge too, which either...

1. He's wrong.
2. These spoilers are incorrect/incomplete.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Cody himself said on Twitter yesterday that the open challenge would resume after Fyter Fest.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Why would Jericho steer Dave wrong?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Why would Jericho steer Dave wrong?

Come now... it could be either Jackson, Omega or Tony.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WrestleTalk says the Summerslam plan currently is McIntyre defending against Orton

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Might be the first good feud Drew has as champ. Randy is doing some of his best work these days.

I mean it was supposed to be Jinder wasn't it

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Drew vs. Orton has a lot of potential.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/CiaranRH/status/1284559855827783680

:swoon:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Switchblade gotta take his faction back from EVIL so that Bullet Club can return to its glorious days under his leadership of being... evil...

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

King Switch is coming home, baybeeeee!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
So does he come out after the main event, or does he attack Okada after Yujiro be Yujiro?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I said this in the NJPW thread but Japan isn't letting one arrive from the US or New Zealand, & even if they were letting in people from NZ he'd have to spend 2 weeks in quarantine in NZ first.

Basically, if Jay White is on a New Japan show before the end of August it'd be a bigger surprise than Dick Togo returning.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

I said this in the NJPW thread but Japan isn't letting one arrive from the US or New Zealand, & even if they were letting in people from NZ he'd have to spend 2 weeks in quarantine in NZ first.

Basically, if Jay White is on a New Japan show before the end of August it'd be a bigger surprise than Dick Togo returning.

Maybe he has indeed already spent two weeks in NZ. I want to believe

(Why NZ? They more or less ”defeated” the virus like a month ago)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

Maybe he has indeed already spent two weeks in NZ. I want to believe

(Why NZ? They more or less ”defeated” the virus like a month ago)

IDK, maybe how they beat the virus is by actually treating seriously people who came from abroad & might spread it.

But also it doesn't matter because NZ is on the list of forbidden countries to Japan too. They were talking about a travel bubble featuring NZ, Vietnam, Australia & Japan at one point but that was a month ago & nowt's happened

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
It would be so unlike Jay White to troll people like this.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

NZ is only letting nationals in and doesn’t have international flights outbound at the moment, neither does Australia.

Japan is doing the Japan thing and putting up a high barrier (only allowing in certain foreigners in circumstances, which Jay likely does not qualify for) while actual enforcement is ????????

I also wouldn’t be surprised if that image wasn’t live, so to speak, and he’s gotten back in and started quarantine early enough.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

7.25 is the day Jay White broadcasts a heartfelt video message ceding control of the Bullet Club to the modern day Sengoku Lord Yujiro Takahashi following his shocking conquest over Okada.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Tonfa posted:

7.25 is the day Jay White broadcasts a heartfelt video message ceding control of the Bullet Club to the modern day Sengoku Lord DICK TOGO following his shocking conquest over Naito.

dick really proving his worth

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Let Bruce Tharpe run the bullet club

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I fully expect this to be discussed in the main discussion thread now that it's official, but since it's also technically a Raw spoiler: Today's WWE tapings are the end of Kairi in the company before she goes back to Japan to retire, per PWInsider

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jul 20, 2020

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

I fully expect this to be discussed in the main discussion thread now that it's official, but since it's also technically a Raw spoiler: Today's WWE tapings are the end of Kairi in the company before she goes back to Japan to retire, per PWInsider

Wow Kairi way to lie to Nikki last night.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

At least she gets to keep her eyes

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Her brain’s functioning capacity not so much

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/BulletClubIta/status/1286708416661135360?s=20

At this point I think it should be clear that WWE hates their viewers.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

forkboy84 posted:

If it's an "I Retire" match then it might be interesting.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kvantum posted:

If it's an "I Retire" match

If only

Edge just came back and Orton just said he thinks he can go another ten years

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

forkboy84 posted:

Great, so instead of the viewers listening to the ref slowly count to ten a hundred times, instead they will get "WHATDAYA SAY EDGE?" over and over for 43 minutes

and then, of course, the ceremonial extraction of the loser's eye

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

Great, so instead of the viewers listening to the ref slowly count to ten a hundred times, instead they will get "WHATDAYA SAY EDGE?" over and over for 43 minutes

and then, of course, the ceremonial extraction of the loser's eye

And of course with this match the losers will be the viewers & they will be upset they had to wait until they end to lose an eye & ideally it'd have been both instead of just one.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I enjoyed 3/4ths of their last Mania match though it dragged a lot until they started fighting around the truck once they left the gym, but the follow up match was really great. Not sure why'd there would be so much time in between the matches but maybe Randy is going to get the title at some point and edge will win the rumble or something. I'll take literally anyone over Braun as champ any more, hate that guy.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Eat My Fuc posted:

I enjoyed 3/4ths of their last Mania match though it dragged a lot until they started fighting around the truck once they left the gym, but the follow up match was really great the greatest wrestling match ever.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wait, Next Wrestlemania? Like 7 months from now? They're gonna do Randy vs Edge for another 7 months?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I really don't think there's anything left for WWE to pull that would get me excited about the product again, even if crowds were back.

The one thing would've been Lady Battlebowl and AEW is already doing that.