Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Wait, Next Wrestlemania? Like 7 months from now? They're gonna do Randy vs Edge for another 7 months?

it's gonna be most of that before Edge is healthy again, triceps don't heal fast at the best of times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I actually didn't realize he was hurt. My bad.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I actually didn't realize he was hurt. My bad.

Tore his triceps reshooting spots for The Greatest Match of All Time

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

If only

Edge just came back and Orton just said he thinks he can go another ten years

I mean Orton works like 1 match a month and takes like 4 bumps a night when he does, no poo poo he can keep working for another decade. The key to longevity on the WWE schedule is to not work the WWE schedule.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

You think someone can talk Randy into just making the Bob Backlund gurgling noises from his I Quit match by Wrestlemania?

"WHADDA YA SAY, RANDY?!"
"uwa baaaaaaa fsssssssh"
"RING THE BELL!"

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I wish they would bring back people and have them in feuds they haven't seen before. This is like bringing Sting back and having him face Big Show on the only two Raw that he was on, or Goldberg returns and only feuds with Undertaker and Brock.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Astro7x posted:

I wish they would bring back people and have them in feuds they haven't seen before. This is like bringing Sting back and having him face Big Show on the only two Raw that he was on, or Goldberg returns and only feuds with Undertaker and Brock.

They don’t deserve fairness, but To Be Fair, I don’t think they’d actually feuded before

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
So is Orton going to actually win the WWE title

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

So is Orton going to actually win the WWE title

Probably

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Yeah it’s clear they want to end the next Mania with Edge winning off Orton in front of a crowd.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Is there going to be a vaccine by next Mania

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Venomous posted:

There is no vaccine for Wrestlemania, you just have to try not to catch it. Don't watch WWE, don't be around people who watch WWE, safety first. If you do catch it, quarantine for 2 weeks.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
There will be a vaccine but only main-eventers will be able to afford it.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

AJ won’t take it though, so look out for that.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Venomous posted:

I guess we'll have to wait for Dave's sources in the clinical trials to reveal the vaccine's booking plans

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Nut Bunnies posted:

They don’t deserve fairness, but To Be Fair, I don’t think they’d actually feuded before

Edge and Orton? They feuded around Over The Limit 2010 and Vengeance 2004. I can go back and watch that stuff.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Seams posted:

There will be a vaccine but only main-eventers will be able to afford it.

Honestly, given some of the research, any vaccine is probably gonna require pretty regular boosters to give any length of immunity, so the anti-vaxxers are gonna have a field day.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The guest moderator for Jericho and Orange Cassidy's debate next week is Eric Bischoff. Source is the same guy on reddit who's accurately called numerous things from the tapings, so, almost certainly legit.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jul 31, 2020

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Oh no thanks

(I’m watching Dynamite now and Jericho just said that there was going to be a “guest moderator that blows peoples’ mind as I posted this)

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Bryan and Dave were speculating it could be Tyson (Mike, not Fury) and somebody here made the cursed guess that it would be Trump Jr. so I'm FINE with Bischoff

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

As long as he's not running anything it seems okay to me.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
How many more WWE castoffs are they gonna get???

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Bischoff is one of the best heels in the history of wrestling in both his runs. Booker he's not in the top 10, but the guy is talented and gets heat no matter what is given to him. I'm definitely intrigued,

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I hate this ratings mentality because AEW keeps doing dumb poo poo instead of just being a good wrestling show like they were for months

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Pylons posted:

The guest moderator for Jericho and Orange Cassidy's debate next week is Eric Bischoff. Source is the same guy on reddit who's accurately called numerous things from the tapings, so, almost certainly legit.

as long as he stays away from the booking and management that should be fun

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I hate this ratings mentality because AEW keeps doing dumb poo poo instead of just being a good wrestling show like they were for months

they were fine literally one week ago and now i'm terrified they've gone diving head first into pop a rating weekly gimmicks for no reason

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

It's a pointless throwback and another recent WWE castoff but Eric is a historically great TV performer...
The important thing is that Alvarez will likely say "He sold for the juice!"

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Lid posted:

they were fine literally one week ago and now i'm terrified they've gone diving head first into pop a rating weekly gimmicks for no reason

How many AEW fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

One to change it, and the rest to freak out about how we can't change every lightbulb and now we're really worried that all the company does now is change lightbulbs and this is going to destroy the whole business and we can't believe they'd do something this stupid.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Why are people calling one of the most famous WCW bookers of all time a "WWE castoff"

That stupid loving phrase has lost all meaning at this point

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

AEW needs to get rid of WWE castoffs like Kenny Omega.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Panicking AEW fans should probably just take the approach of just waiting and seeing. AEW has been able to course correct on some issues so if this bombs or doesn't work well...I have some hope that they'll scrap the stuff that doesn't work out.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cardona, Spears, Hager are WWE cast offs. Eric is wrestling history for better or worse, that doesn't make him great, so is Jim Cornette, but it makes him immune from the WWE cast off crticism that I really don't think is even real.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Can't believe AEW hired the Dude Busters guy.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

Cardona, Spears, Hager are WWE cast offs. Eric is wrestling history for better or worse, that doesn't make him great, so is Jim Cornette, but it makes him immune from the WWE cast off crticism that I really don't think is even real.

Spears and Hager asked for their releases. I guess you could call Cardona a cast off but given the circumstances in which he was fired, it'd be kind of a dick move!

I'm kind of rolling my eyes at Bischoff being the guy, but I would appreciate it if AEW fans on this board don't develop a habit for Cubsposting.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jul 31, 2020

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Remember arzy? He's back in AEW fan form.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Lamuella posted:

How many AEW fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

One to change it, and the rest to freak out about how we can't change every lightbulb and now we're really worried that all the company does now is change lightbulbs and this is going to destroy the whole business and we can't believe they'd do something this stupid.

AEW is just a lightbulb-changing company, smh

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Pylons posted:

orange cassidy deserves better than this

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Seams posted:

Remember arzy? He's back in AEW fan form.

Arzy was right is the funny thing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jul 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

if people are sick they should try to find strong sources of vitamin c, thats usually good for you