Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Disappointed that the "Drunkard's Lunch" stew is not served in a bottle. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Lucas Archer posted:

I just got to Chapter 3 of single player....

You can change the fishing controls now, specifically the rotate stick to reel one.

Evil Badman fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 22, 2020

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Not even a role XP bonus change this week :effort:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I found what is definitely the most disturbing place I've ever seen in a video game, a cellar of a ruined house that looked like the home of a serial killer. I didn't take a photo because I was in a hurry to leave. Body parts everywhere.

I came across a shack with skeletons in the bunks, and a weird sort of trench system full of bones.

Just now I discovered what appears to be a "doctor's" surgery in a room in an abandoned house.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Dick Trauma posted:

I found what is definitely the most disturbing place I've ever seen in a video game, a cellar of a ruined house that looked like the home of a serial killer. I didn't take a photo because I was in a hurry to leave. Body parts everywhere.

I came across a shack with skeletons in the bunks, and a weird sort of trench system full of bones.

Just now I discovered what appears to be a "doctor's" surgery in a room in an abandoned house.

The junk bones on the bunks is the leftovers from cultists, ala Heavens Gate. Trenches are the aftermath of an actual battle, and ruined field fortifications can be found in a few different locations.

Not going to even spoiler the fresher body parts locations, because that ties into singleplayer plotlines. :iiam:

Make sure you wander Bayou Nwa at night, though, and up near Brandywine and such. (Best results in SP, of course.)

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Dick Trauma posted:

This is that cellar if anyone else wants to see:

Butcher Creek also has a... rack... for ...meat

Between GTA and RDR, I am convinced that someone high up at Rockstar has a major cannibalism fetish.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
That cellar holds a special gun when you unlock it in GTA Online

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

FuturePastNow posted:

Between GTA and RDR, I am convinced that someone high up at Rockstar has a major cannibalism fetish.

Does the torso hanging from a bridge near Valentine ever get resolved further along in the game? I'm not especially far in, but it was one of the first things I found and I'm just curious for a yes/no.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

FuturePastNow posted:

Butcher Creek is my choice for "Location Where You Are Most Likely To Get Stabbed"

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Pham Nuwen posted:

Does the torso hanging from a bridge near Valentine ever get resolved further along in the game? I'm not especially far in, but it was one of the first things I found and I'm just curious for a yes/no.

yeah

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

There's a daily challenge to drive a train, and when I zoned in to my camp I heard the whistle so I rode like mad, pressed the wrong button and crashed into the train, my horse and I going rear end over teakettle. Twice. But I manage to climb onto the last car. Dashed to the front and pitched the engineer off.

The law caught up to me right as I entered that really long tunnel in the desert area, north of Hennigan's Stead, flying down the tunnel toward me from the western end.

<squish>

I saw a new notification: Slaughter

Crushed another set of lawmen before I exited the tunnel, and made my escape.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Dick Trauma posted:

Butcher Creek is my choice for "Location Where You Are Most Likely To Get Stabbed"

stab or be stabbed

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Dick Trauma posted:

There's a daily challenge to drive a train, and when I zoned in to my camp I heard the whistle so I rode like mad, pressed the wrong button and crashed into the train, my horse and I going rear end over teakettle. Twice. But I manage to climb onto the last car. Dashed to the front and pitched the engineer off.

The law caught up to me right as I entered that really long tunnel in the desert area, north of Hennigan's Stead, flying down the tunnel toward me from the western end.

<squish>

I saw a new notification: Slaughter

Crushed another set of lawmen before I exited the tunnel, and made my escape.

Be The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Pham Nuwen posted:

Yes. Not spoiler but will throw it behind tags: Look around for weird side poo poo, this game is full of it.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-334kJXTaYY

I'm having a hard time believing this isn't actually the guy who voiced Dutch.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Evil Badman posted:

Yes. Not spoiler but will throw it behind tags: Look around for weird side poo poo, this game is full of it.

Did you ever play Fallout New Vegas using the Wild Wasteland option?

In RDR2, it's not an *option*.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Ygolonac posted:

Make sure you wander Bayou Nwa at night, though, and up near Brandywine and such. (Best results in SP, of course.)

If you see a body hanging from a tree or hear someone crying you should arm yourself immediately.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

What if I am the one who is crying?

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
I'm getting disconnected from Rockstar's servers every 10-20 minutes on PS4. I already forwarded the recommended ports on my router, is there anything else I can do? Or am I hosed?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Alhazred posted:

If you see a body hanging from a tree or hear someone crying you should arm yourself immediately.

Can't arm myself any more until I get more hands.

FungiCap
Jul 23, 2007

Let's all just calm down and put on our thinking caps.

je1 healthcare posted:

I'm getting disconnected from Rockstar's servers every 10-20 minutes on PS4. I already forwarded the recommended ports on my router, is there anything else I can do? Or am I hosed?

My issue ended up being with my ISP with the same issue on PC. The only solution was to use a VPN after trying several things.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
The night folk never come out I saw them like once in 100 hours

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Oberst posted:

The night folk never come out I saw them like once in 100 hours

I had 2x hanged corpse ambushes, one hosed-up slaughter-wagon ambush (where they were like whistling to communicate with each other and scare off my horse), one crying woman ambush, and the one old guy that I helped take back his house.

All thsi was in SP, though. Never seen one in MP, I don't believe.

Never seen any of the more complex ambushes by anyone in MP, actually. Just randos in the trees, and sucker plays with someone wanting help.Get a flaming wagon full of explosives rolling at you, or the Maxim wagon, make ambush-busting more than "kite to get some distance, murder at range".

loving Night Folk should be releasing gators behind you while they keep you focused up front. Or dropping snakes out of the trees on you.

TRAINED.

ATTACK.

BEARS.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/1286664217911754752

New role and outlaw pass being installed next Tuesday

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The hell is a secret of naturalism

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

:lol::lol::lol:

quote:

We are also committed to ensuring that our games are fun for everyone and as safe as possible from modders, cheaters, hackers and those who seek to harass other players. So far this year, we have taken action on hundreds of thousands of players caught violating community rules across both games.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

That's funny because about half an hour ago I was minding my own business and then got exploded up into the sky and about a mile away from where I started. When I respawned I could see the explosions continuing off in the distance, and received notifications each time the griefer accidentally killed himself.

EDIT: What's an Outlaw Pass?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Dick Trauma posted:

That's funny because about half an hour ago I was minding my own business and then got exploded up into the sky and about a mile away from where I started. When I respawned I could see the explosions continuing off in the distance, and received notifications each time the griefer accidentally killed himself.

Safe as possible = a few hundred thousand cheaters that got caught.

Dick Trauma posted:

What's an Outlaw Pass?

Gain XP to earn tons of free poo poo, cosmetics and discounts, if you have the gold to get started. You'll get it back as you progress and IIRC it levels up regardless, so you can keep up even if you don't have enough gold yet. Last one was 40 gold.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

SplitSoul posted:

Dick Trauma posted:

EDIT: What's an Outlaw Pass?

Gain XP to earn tons of free poo poo, cosmetics and discounts, if you have the gold to get started. You'll get it back as you progress and IIRC it levels up regardless, so you can keep up even if you don't have enough gold yet. Last one was 40 gold.

Yeah, you get back all the gold you spend on the pass. The last one gave out so much bonus xp I went from level 90 something to 200+ before it was done since I was also doing all the new roles with their xp bonuses.
The outlaw pass has it’s own level system, you work your way up to level 100 and every level or two you get some sort of cosmetic or gameplay item. Tickets for free moonshine mash, trader resupplies, ability cards, and things like that to speed up your progress in the game.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So it’s pretty much a battle pass right?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

winter.mute posted:

The outlaw pass has it’s own level system, you work your way up to level 100 and every level or two you get some sort of cosmetic or gameplay item. Tickets for free moonshine mash, trader resupplies, ability cards, and things like that to speed up your progress in the game.

Also, even if you don't buy the gold outlaw pass right away, you level up the free version of the pass, and then if you spend gold on the real one later all those levels will apply to it immediately (and then you'll get back the gold right away too).

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Now you have a legit thing to spend gold on.

Still looking at like $240 gold that I've been accumulating even with spending on clothes/weapons/cosmetic poo poo for dailies...

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Sounds good. I did manage to build my gold back up to around $20 after buying the Moonshiner role, but that's still well short of $40. I gave up on the Moonshiner missions as I find them mostly unenjoyable, especially the story ones. I stopped playing the RDO story missions as well once I hit an "endless human waves from all sides" one, which is my least favorite type of gameplay.

That said I'm still enjoying collecting things, and mixing in a little of the Trader tasks. I dressed Cripps up like an explorer and he looks ridiculous and I love it.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
Wish they'd fulfill my cowboy fantasy and put in a Rancher role and let players cooperatively go on short cattle drives and ward off rustlers. Give me Lonesome Dove Rockstar!

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Based on the pictures in the blog, I'm guessing "Naturalist" is just a nicer way of saying big game hunter. And this:

Rockstar posted:

some exciting new extensions and augmentations to an existing role in Red Dead Online

sounds an awful lot like a Collector nerf. Fill those collections now.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

i hope they extend the hunter and moonshiner role by augmenting the bugs that make them nonfunctional

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

PlushCow posted:

Wish they'd fulfill my cowboy fantasy and put in a Rancher role and let players cooperatively go on short cattle drives and ward off rustlers. Give me Lonesome Dove Rockstar!

There was a mission in RDR1 where you had to return a stolen herd of cattle from the Hennigan’s Stead canyon to Armadillo. The cattle drive was cool but way too short to really scratch that particular cowboy itch.

A drive from Armadillo to the stock yard in Valentine, now that’s some Rawhide role play I could get behind.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

if they ever do that, i hope they put the cattle drive in an instanced mission, because every red dot on the map is gonna load up their dynamite and bumrush you if it's public

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Ainsley McTree posted:

The hell is a secret of naturalism

Much like Moonshiner is a tier 2 Trader, Naturalism is a tier 2 Collector. It's been talked about for a while since related info had been found in the game code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Zesty posted:

Much like Moonshiner is a tier 2 Trader, Naturalism is a tier 2 Collector. It's been talked about for a while since related info had been found in the game code.

It it makes collecting eggs less of a frustrating and fruitless exercise I'm all for it.