Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll
This poll is closed.
Yes 151 82.51%
No 32 17.49%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Epilogue: mixer shut down last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

Epilogue: mixer shut down last week.

Yep Microsoft sold it to Facebook lol

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Fallom posted:

Still haven’t figured out what part of the constitution these anti-mask guys are talking about

The part where it says people shouldn't do something unless it's 100% effective...? :confuoot:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The part where it says people shouldn't do something unless it's 100% effective...? :confuoot:

Thats guns out then

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Meet my new favorite thing that I've watched at least seven times already.

https://twitter.com/iamlouislaroche/status/1286346870239920128

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
i hate his voice so much that i can't enjoy it

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

He’s so salty about the word “abuse”.

What a president.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Fister Roboto posted:

Thought this would be Kissinger.

(Kissinger is also still alive)

Kissinger and is probably immortal. Not because of any special rituals or whatever, but because he definitely ain't getting into heaven, and hell is trying to delay having to put up with him for as long as possible.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Okay, I'm seeing news articles saying the government has "off world vehicles not made on this earth" from three sources now (New York magazine, Fox news, popular mechanics) and now I'm certain we're trapped in a lovely matrix simulation that's speedrunning us into the apocalypse.

Next I'm going to see legitimate bigfoot footage with eyewitness accounts of one walking into an Oregon gas station to buy a case of beer. It won't even be microbrew and people will refuse to believe it based on that, let alone that he pays with a debit card.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Bigfoot drinks Coors Light

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Bigfoot doesn't drink hoity toity microbrew are you insane.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Okay, I'm seeing news articles saying the government has "off world vehicles not made on this earth" from three sources now (New York magazine, Fox news, popular mechanics) and now I'm certain we're trapped in a lovely matrix simulation that's speedrunning us into the apocalypse.

I mean, at this point "UFOs are real" would practically be the free space on the 2020 bingo card.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

A proper Colorado bigfoot, maybe, but only in the summer because he's watching his weight for the cameras.

I get the feeling bigfoot drinks what's cheap and palatable, so that's probably a lot of bud light and pbr.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snhiofL2Rh4

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

And probably hosts a podcast.

Wonder Free
Jun 19, 2006

Throw some D's..

golden bubble posted:

The dry air has really weakened Gonzalo, but Hanna is steadily increasing her power levels as she approaches the Texas coast.

https://twitter.com/capitalweather/status/1286702898043334656

Yeah it’s real close to being a hurricane now. 51 kts at the surface tonight.

We did a little bit of SAR at the beginning and really confused the weather watchers on Twitter apparently. They found the boat apparently so that’s good.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Porfiriato posted:

I mean, at this point "UFOs are real" would practically be the free space on the 2020 bingo card.

Saw someone on twitter post " how is it only joe rogan cares that aliens are real" and the immediate thought was cuz non pieces of poo poo have more important things to focus on?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/historyofarmani/status/1286681257087303682?s=19

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1286866843307737088?s=19

This is real.

gently caress that piece of poo poo.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'm sure this'll make his nazi fanbase turn on him

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Hey musk

Iron man would kill you for this

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Yearly reminder that after the Thai Cave Rescue in 2018, the single thing that the entire world could agree was cool and good, Musk decided to call one of the rescuers a pedophile.

(and also got sued for it :) )

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Uh I think you'll find he won that lawsuit

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

bengy81 posted:

RE: BASEBALL
The light 60 game schedule is weird, only have the option to listen to 1 or 2 games at a time is weird, and the fake audio is weird.
I'm thankful they tried to bring it back, but man, let's just let it go for a bit.

YALL NEED TO WEAR YOUR MASKS SO WE CAN GET A HOCKEY SEASON FFS

counterpoint, if the 2021 nhl season is cancelled, the Blues default to back-to-back ships.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Milo and POTUS posted:

Uh I think you'll find he won that lawsuit

Because of bazingas on the jury.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Brute Squad posted:

counterpoint, if the 2021 nhl season is cancelled, the Blues default to back-to-back ships.

A season must happen or I will kill the loving world

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Next I'm going to see legitimate bigfoot footage with eyewitness accounts of one walking into an Oregon gas station to buy a case of beer. It won't even be microbrew and people will refuse to believe it based on that, let alone that he pays with a debit card.

ok, so UFO conspiracies were of dual benefit in that they kept heat off secret tests. This was a big deal in the 40s-60s as aerial reconaissance was still king, and secret projects could be concealed by allowing a little bit of paranoid locals spoutin their nonsense and maybe even stoking the flames of some theories. The CIA had massive involvment trying to figure out what UFOs were, and in 3 reports, in three decades, they came up with bubkis; but what they DID do was pay off a whole town or two when a secret plane did a lithographic braking test, so i'm extrapolating a bit on the "misinformation" aspect, but I don't doubt for a second they didn't at least consider it -- especially with the reports that they were concerned russian spies were trying to get the latest UFO sightings to gather intel on black planes.

fast forward to now, decades of random tweaked out fighter jockeys spinning tall tales, or pursuing a sun dog on camera, a weird reading on a bird, or was chasin' glare in his cockpit or whatever for decades.

The DOD says "look we gotta figure out if our pilots are fulla poo poo or what" and being the DOD they just go "yeah we're really sure our pilots have seen unidentified flying objects, and they claim they're not from this world."

then an astrophysicist cum defense contractor comes in like stating "hey I'm really glad we can talk about this poo poo in the open now."

you get a bit of spin on that puppy and now you get lead in paragraphs that sound like this

quote:

In March, astrophysicist Eric W. Davis, who spent years working as a consultant for the Pentagon UFO program and is now a defense contractor, gave a classified briefing to the Defense Department on what he called “off-world vehicles not made on this earth.” In other words, spaceships.

so that sounds pretty conclusive, till you read down like usually four paragraphs, because everyone's got loving 1 minute attention spans, and you get the lede buried about this dude with an obvious interest in keeping that sweet federal money going, either for supporting their bullshit, or because of grift.

quote:

“It no longer has to hide in the shadows,” he said. Indeed, the Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon Task Force is now obligated to make some reports public.

Elizondo, the Times reports, is “among a small group of former government officials and scientists with security clearances who, without presenting physical proof, say they are convinced that objects of undetermined origin have crashed on earth with materials retrieved for study.”

Former Senate majority leader Harry Reid is quoted in the article too, but his comments are hedged. According to the Times, Reid said that “he believed that crashes of objects of unknown origin may have occurred” [emphasis added] and that any recovered materials should be studied.

and it's pretty obvious then that no one has confirmed poo poo, the dude is talking out of his rear end in a top hat, and the DOD lets it slide because lol why not do some distraction with your dollars? that poo poo worked 70 years ago, and it'll work today.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jul 25, 2020

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Wasabi the J posted:

then an astrophysicist cum defense contractor comes in like stating "hey I'm really glad we can talk about this poo poo in the open now."

Serious username potential right there.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Cum defense contractor?

So, like, working for Trojan?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Worse, Lifestyles.

Wonder how long it will be before Tom DeLonge leaves for his mother ship.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/tlrd/status/1286808820979834880?s=20

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
Is it wrong to hope he dies quickly and frees up the bed for a decent human that needs it?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I hope his illness comes to a swift conclusion and may he never get sick again.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

stealie72 posted:

Is it wrong to hope he dies quickly and frees up the bed for a decent human that needs it?

Not a bit.

I personally hope he suffers for a while, though. Send him home to die in front of his family.

I mean, if it's a hoax, he deserves hoax treatment. Give him sugar pills and hydroxychloroquine, let him drown in his own lung fluid after a stroke or two. Same thing should be done for any politician calling this a hoax that comes up positive.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1286864655550500868?s=19

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Of loving course Sinclair is going to air that bullshit.

We totally deserve to never leave the plague state.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I'm sure next week is going to be great.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1287072851569319938?s=19

RESTORE THE loving FAIRNESS DOCTRINE.

Sinclair broadcasting corporation is the loving worst.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The doc's learning first hand how lovely the american people are. He almost made it through with his faith intact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Can’t be a good leader if you don’t know who you’re leading

I wonder if things might have gone differently if the leaders in infectious disease response had known what personalities they’d be dealing with