Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

In could go for a McPasty tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The McHaggis and the the McPudding Yorkshire pudding wrap.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

I'll have a double mackerel fillet with a side o peas please. /throws up

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
Filet o fishnchips

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
We do have a couple of UK only things. Nowhere else gets a weird breakfast wrap with brown sauce.

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
And it's their loss

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
With a McBreadpudding for desert.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

bacon sandwich with brown sauce is amazing

wtf is brown sauce btw? like i know what it tastes like but i have no idea how or why it came in to existance

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You take a load of vinegar, add a bunch of fruit and veg mashed into a super fine paste, then add treacle and blend it all together.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
and its brown

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The one international McDonalds item that I really really miss is the Chicken Bigmac from the middle east.

The contents of a McChicken sandwich but in the triple Bigmac bun. God realised what he had created and wept.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

an english ronald mcdonald is depressing, a scottish ronald mcdonald terrifying

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
it's humid as gently caress and i can't sleep

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Believe it or not, Mozarella Dippers are exclusive to UK McDonald's. I wish you got more than 3 in a serving though. Our local chippy does deep fried Mozarella sticks and they're loving ace.

Just checked my email and Uber Eats have sent me a 50% off code yeaaaaaaaaah boiiiiiiii takeaway for tea tonight delivered by some poor bastard on a bike so I'll feel guilty if I don't tip him hmmmmmmm

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I had fried jackfruit as a meat substitute yesterday. It was not bad tbh but needed more seasoning I think, its pretty bland.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

So I was wrong about not being able to tell people to put a mask on, my boss changed his mind and we have a strict mask only policy, which is an interesting turn of events. We handed out maybe 15 masks yesterday to people who didn't have one. Had a few people who turned around and left immediately when we asked, and a couple who protested but reluctantly put a mask on anyway. We had one severely disabled person who didn't wear one.

I did get a regular (who I have an intense dislike of anyway) tell me to my face that the masks were useless and we shouldn't have to wear them, then laughed when I said it protected vulnerable people. Thanks, shitbrains.

Apparently half the shops in town don't care and are not enforcing anything.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

goatface posted:

The McHaggis and the the McPudding Yorkshire pudding wrap.

There was a pub on the way to Sheffield that used to do sausages in a Yorkshire pudding wrap and it was like joy made material. I miss it everyday

Mojo Jojo fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jul 25, 2020

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

FullLeatherJacket posted:

absolutely no law which says you can't buy and sell swords, other than the aforementioned 50cm rule for cheap replica weapons

there's a list of stuff which is explicitly banned from sale, which includes crossbows, butterfly knives, knuckle dusters, and then a bunch of absolutely ridiculous "ninja" stuff including shurikens and foot claws which have never harmed a human being in history

the argument would presumably be that teenagers are more likely to go into a novelty shop and start flinging throwing stars at each other than they are to buy a Napoleonic infantry sword and chase each other round the park with it, but the actual reason is that a bunch of parents in the 80s were worried that their children would grow up to be actual ninjas in feudal Japan and that's why we have Super Mutant Hero Turtles

On one of my first trips to japan I bought a really nice replica katana which was traditionally handmade except for the blade obvs which is of some apparently unsharpenable nickel alloy but it was really nice and cost several hundred dollars. It's been sitting at my dads (now boarded up) house in Massachusetts but I guess itll stay there forever cuz i cant bring it into the country??

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I had a hangover yesterday and I have a worse hangover this morning. I may take the extreme step of just not drinking anything this evening.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
McDonalds did hotdogs in the UK in about 98/99. Strong memories of year 9/10 for me.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I really wish McDonalds would do their breakfasts all day in the UK like they do in the US.

I would personally pick up the slack.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

dreamed for sone reason i went to spoons - not an actual spoons i recognise or have been to before, it was massive

i did not want to be there, and for some reason they seated me at a table with a bunch of people from university, one of whom i had selective mutism with so have never been able to talk to

halfway through they decided to have a dance

the whole thing was awful

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

bobby that wasnt a dream you posted your table nmber last night... i sent you a bowl of mushy peas

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i think "not wanting to be at a spoons" is a universal experience, op

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Even Tim Martin doesn't want to be in Spoons. Tim Martin is actually a gentle and caring man who in a freak accidental ritual that involved being hit between the eyes with a dart while uttering what sounded to the spirit world very much like a word of power was possessed by the spirits of a hundred pub bores and is now a mere hostage within his own body, watching their evil plans be enacted by his own hand

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

upon reflection ive realised wetherspoons is great for walking into and using the pisser, but little else

obviously outside the pandemic i mean

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

spoons for dinner, legend, is in many ways a bastardised cheeky nandos. it is the malformed battery hen compared to the proud, strutting nandos rooster

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

So if the roni doesn't exist like the taxi driver this morning told me, why do I have to wear this drat mask on the train :argh:

taxi driver for PM imo

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There was a QAnon thing on Newsnight the other day that had one of their believers explaining their batshittery. I don't know why the BBC felt the need to give them some free advertising.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

the bbc have been maliciously complying with the 'balanced coverage' part of their charter by pretending the two sides of every issue are conservative and insane

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
corona got andrew neil sacked

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
A whonchu take me to

funkay tooooooown :slick:

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

In could go for a McPasty tbh

Warren's seem to stuff anything they can into a pasty and deem them 'seasonal specials'
Maybe I'll stuff a couple of big macs into a blender and fill up a pasty

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
The BBC has struggled for content recently because not as much has been happening due to everyone being in lockdown.

Couple that with their lack of decent writer

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Not digging the humidity today dudes.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

I was promised thunderstorms

Give me lightning or piss off, humidity

wibble
May 20, 2001
Meep meep

Gasmask posted:

McDonalds did hotdogs in the UK in about 98/99. Strong memories of year 9/10 for me.

I think the apple pies are only in the UK now and have long since been drop from the menu in the USA.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

How does that gel with the saying, “As American as Apple Pie”?

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

I really wish McDonalds would do their breakfasts all day in the UK like they do in the US.

I would personally pick up the slack.

I'd go the other way and make the main menu always available. There's nothing worse than having a terrible day and deciding you'll try and cheer yourself up with 10am nuggets only to be told to gently caress off because it's still nasty cheese and egg bap time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Egg McMuffins are the one decent thing McDonald's sell. All day breakfast plz, I'm happy to wait.