Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

goldenninjawarrior posted:

I went to TK Maxx and they told me at the door that I couldn't try on clothes but I could try on shoes but since I was wearing sandals I'd have to borrow a pair of shoe trying on socks. I just wanted to buy a cake tin.

A few pages back since thread now moves at lightspeed, but that's not good virus protection at all. I had my annual foot* check yesterday (Diabetes t2, insert fat joke here) and the nurse said I mustn't put my socked or bare foot on the floor because the virus clings to smooth floors. Luckily I'm not in the habit of doing that anyway. Would not want to be messing about trying on shoes after people who don't know that, doubly so if it involves borrowed socks...

*yes, I still have feet. Phew!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
You still have feet? Haha do you have proof of that haha like pics maybe? Just joking haha though

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

i wonder what they smell like haha

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

haha imagine touching them with your face hahaa

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Bunch of Lowtax alts detected.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
haha

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Excuse me sir, this is a mono-wheel forum. No feets allowed.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010
Yeah, I knew I was taking a risk with that post. Luckily, I don't have PMs.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that duck had its dick replaced with a wheel

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

watching murder she wrote reruns

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jul 25, 2020

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

hemale in pain posted:

iirc the actress is a proper comrade

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Mojo Jojo posted:

I'd go the other way and make the main menu always available. There's nothing worse than having a terrible day and deciding you'll try and cheer yourself up with 10am nuggets only to be told to gently caress off because it's still nasty cheese and egg bap time

The sausage and egg McMuffin is a God send to me

The problem is is that not all McDonald's are the same. Some places it tastes like cardboard but the one next to mine it tastes amazing

Also I don't know what they do to their hash browns but gently caress me I could eat a bucket of them no questions asked.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Mask report for my small town. The highstreet was packed with people, maybe 30% with masks on or on their head but not covering their mouth and nose. The three shops I went into, one had a sign saying masks were required, the other two did not, but all customers had one on.

Morrisons was like 99% masked people, but maybe 70% of the staff. The few customers not masked did not obviously seem like they ought to be exempt, but who am I to know.
Pretty good overall, but distancing to any degree seems to have gone entirely out of the window.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

My wife had two clients walk out of the hair salon today because they refused to wear masks and use hand sanitiser on entry.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Salisbury Snape posted:

My wife had two clients walk out of the hair salon today because they refused to wear masks and use hand sanitiser on entry.

I love Karens getting mad as heck about masks op

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

hemale in pain posted:

The virtual reality episode and the episode set in "Dublin" with all sheep making GBS threads all over a cobbled street with thatched cottages are very funny TV

in the latter some of the actors manage to hit various Scottish, Welsh and Geordie accents in each of their lines but never an Irish one

crispix fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jul 25, 2020

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
i have two old rat traps to get rid of

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

[gimmick post]

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The big snappy ones or the bait boxes? The springs on the snap traps are normally pretty good quality if you need one for building an automatic spanking machine a project.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I went to Bath on the train but only stayed like 20 minutes 'cos it was drizzling and I was still a bit hungover and I'd forgotten how to navigate through crowded places and I decided I didn't actually want to be there.

Everyone on the train wore masks, except for a group of oblivious oldies.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Natalie Fartman posted:

Week 2 day 1 was a breeze so I was annoyed at how hard I found exactly the same run. Eatin and sleeping properly makes a difference.

I found first day on week 2 a bit harder than expected, but oh well. Also the first time I used a less-happy face to describe my mood after finishing, but might have been due to idiot car drivers repeatedly nipping into the only gaps possible when going in/out to park and getting in my way when all they would have to do is slow down for 2 seconds before going up on the pavement.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

my town have actually built a bunch of new bike lanes which are good and not shared with pedestrians. im amazed but it shouldn't of taken a pandemic for it to happen.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Old people hate bicycles and hate bike lanes and they vote.

Whenever cycling comes up in my local paper, my goodness, the comments from the elderly motorists*... if Badolph Gitler became PM and proposed concentration camps for all bike owners, these guys would be gleefully manning the watch towers.

*I know they're elderly because they always whine about how its a violation of their fundamental human rights that they can't park up on the high street in front of M&S any more, like they could in the good old days of the early 1970's.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Councils are obliged to reduce emissions, emissions are easiest to reduce by removing cars. Public transport is expensive and requires bus lanes and tram lines and stuff. Painted cycle lanes are cheap, cycle paths are shallow foundation surfaces that are relatively cheap to lay.

Local economics will eventually defeat the grumpy people. Higher council taxes are hated more than anything else.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

if it helps it was all voted against by the conservative mps here.

old people are super weird. 50% of our pedestrian high street is a shared path but the other 50% isn't even though it has car parking for deliveries and is no different from the other half, but old people love to try and run in front of you when you're cycling 3mph down there and scream at you.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Did no one get an electric bike?

They're really good and maybe old retired people will get in to them and they need the same infrastructure as normal bikes so might be a good easy way to get that extra backing.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Kinda bug and kinda snack. Try to catch them in your trap

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Wot?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

cant believe corn is talkin bout bugsnax on my birthday

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

happy birthday

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Imagine if it was your birthday...and u just turned 69. Would be an epic year

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You would be a boomer.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

my girlfriends sending me sexy pictures

i just poo poo myself

its difficult to reconcile

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Did no one get an electric bike?

They're really good and maybe old retired people will get in to them and they need the same infrastructure as normal bikes so might be a good easy way to get that extra backing.

my ex roomie has one and it is indeed excellent for encouraging cycling in hilly cities. Hills are the main reason few people use bikes as everyday transportation round here (lots of leisure cyclists in the countryside tho)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Bobby Deluxe posted:

cant believe corn is talkin bout bugsnax on my birthday

Happy birthday bobby

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

happy bobday birth

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

birthy hapday, bobb

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
god bless us, every one :kiddo:

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

HBD mate have a good one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he