Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://mobile.twitter.com/Rockets_Insider/status/1286831092377452544

That's a lot of steps without dribbling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Which is allowed I think

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I counted 2 that doesn't seem like much

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Dat gather step is doing a lot of work.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rolabi Wizenard posted:

Dat gather step is doing a lot of work.

Harden times his gather step and when he picks up the ball extremely well. It gives him a half-step more than the way most players do it.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Yeah that's 2. It's a nice move.
https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/1287059781719666691?s=19

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Kibner posted:

Harden times his gather step and when he picks up the ball extremely well. It gives him a half-step more than the way most players do it.

james harden is incredibly skilled and talented, it just so happens that he does it in a way that makes him look like a total weenie

instead of baseball passes and sick crossovers, he’s pushing the limits of how long he can move with the ball in control which is not aesthetic or beautiful which is in itself its own aesthetic

james harden is brutalist architecture

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

dang kobe assisting yourself on what is essentially a backdoor cut, owns

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Reminds me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc3RQ1LXi4w

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Declan MacManus posted:

james harden is incredibly skilled and talented, it just so happens that he does it in a way that makes him look like a total weenie

instead of baseball passes and sick crossovers, he’s pushing the limits of how long he can move with the ball in control which is not aesthetic or beautiful which is in itself its own aesthetic

Or... you could look a the rest of his body of work and see that he makes a living jerking his head back, flopping, and otherwise deceiving referees and maybe not offer him the benefit of the doubt when he stretches the meaning of traveling to its breaking point, then dares the referees to call it. It's Donald Trump style "innovation," and the reaction he gets from his peers is the evidence that he won't be remembered fondly.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
James Harden looking to score is pure bliss

James Harden looking for a foul is pure garbage

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Jack's Flow posted:

I'm still mad about this. What the gently caress, WNBA?

edit:

She wrote about it too.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/elena-delle-donne-wnba-season-lyme-disease

Not to take anything away from Delle Donne or suggest that she doesn't have a real, debilitating medical condition, but "chronic lyme disease" hasn't been established by the medical community as a real disease, which is probably why the exception hasn't been granted. I'm not defending the WNBAs decision but explaining their rationale.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Lakers finally with a good rotation team. Still getting murdered by 3s

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
She’s still getting paid by the team, so it mosty seems like she’s just trying to raise awareness of Lyme disease

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
It's a crime that Ionescu didn't get one last shot at an NCAA title, that Ducks team was STACKED.

also I'm pretty sure the league backed off on Della Donne after that article

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1287073651880267776?s=21

Sure

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Jack's Flow posted:

I'm still mad about this. What the gently caress, WNBA?

edit:

She wrote about it too.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/elena-delle-donne-wnba-season-lyme-disease

Post-Lyme is a controversial topic, but there is literally no actual medical reason she should be taking 64 pills in one day. Literally none. Whatever personal doctor she has is fleecing her for all her money and providing nothing more than the placebo effect with complications from taking so many unnecessary pills.

In the world of legitimate medicine, there's a split between two camps. A lot of people believe that post-Lyme has been the new fibromyalgia and is largely a psychosomatic disorder, but there is a decent sized camp that thinks there is either an autoimmune response caused by cross-linked antibodies (similar to rheumatic fever) or it's an endotoxin released by borrelia after treatment that sticks around in joint spaces causing systemic symptoms (similar to jarisch-herxheimer following syphilis treatment).

Either way, there's no combination of even 25 pills in the morning that would be necessary. There are a TON of doctors that do this kind of poo poo and they usually specialize in Lyme or in "Functional," medicine. They are glorified snake oil salesman profiting off people who are genuinely struggling with psychological distress, an undiagnosed illness, or a largely misunderstood condition.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://mobile.twitter.com/nyliberty/status/1287074555530551300

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Declan MacManus posted:

100%

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
The Knicks are so dumb I'd swear they were trying to suck if I didn't know so much about Dolan

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

so loving pumped that thibs is BACK

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

fast cars loose anus posted:

The Knicks are so dumb I'd swear they were trying to suck if I didn't know so much about Dolan

The Knicks will improve to 35 or so wins next year and everyone will get excited and then they won't win more than 35 games for the next 5 years

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Declan MacManus posted:

:yeah:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
He'll be gone in two years

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/rodger/status/1287076609602646018?s=20

I been watching a bit of this game and saw the Storm throwing out constant traps and even a few triple teams to shutdown the rookie in her debut game. lol

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Harden is garbage

JJ Reddick, now there’s a player

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Well, that's not Jason Kidd.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Someone give Mark Jackson a head coaching job please. (Not the Pacers please)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i can't believe i'm typing this but gently caress, i'd take jackson right now.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Nets are a lock for Jackson

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Hahah how have I never seen this

https://twitter.com/cjc9boss/status/1287084367723089920?s=21

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
The cut of Rubio staring at him is perfect.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Rolabi Wizenard posted:

Or... you could look a the rest of his body of work and see that he makes a living jerking his head back, flopping, and otherwise deceiving referees and maybe not offer him the benefit of the doubt when he stretches the meaning of traveling to its breaking point, then dares the referees to call it. It's Donald Trump style "innovation," and the reaction he gets from his peers is the evidence that he won't be remembered fondly.

everyone flops, it is what it is

wade flopped, kobe flopped, lebron flops, embiid flops, shaq flopped, what are you gonna do

it’s how people get to the line, and until the nba starts calling technical fouls for flopping and stops giving free throws for contact that happens before the shooting motion begins, it’s gonna happen; i’d rather try and appreciate what harden is doing (playing basketball as aggressively on offense as humanly possible without any pretense of grace or beauty) rather than wring my hands about The Assassination of Cool Basketball by the Coward James Harden

i’ve also learned to appreciate the artistry of particularly egregious dives, having watched the entire career of manu ginobili (who is in a lot of ways the spiritual ancestor of the style of basketball that harden plays, though manu was never brave/craven enough to take it this far)

ball

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

i’ll also say, no one has to like how harden plays basketball or enjoy watching it, and i don’t necessarily find it to be enjoyable to watch myself (like metapod said, a joy to watch in motion but unbearable when he’s throwing himself into contact to get foul calls)

i just have a strong appreciation for anyone who breaks the mold of what an elite basketball player looks or plays like; there will be players who resemble jordan as long as basketball exists, but i don’t know how many more james hardenses we’ll see

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
You have good points but his ball handling is both graceful and beautiful

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

i’ll also say, no one has to like how harden plays basketball or enjoy watching it, and i don’t necessarily find it to be enjoyable to watch myself (like metapod said, a joy to watch in motion but unbearable when he’s throwing himself into contact to get foul calls)

i just have a strong appreciation for anyone who breaks the mold of what an elite basketball player looks or plays like; there will be players who resemble jordan as long as basketball exists, but i don’t know how many more james hardenses we’ll see

There's already 1 hardenesque player in the league luka

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/rick_bonnell/status/1286852631835664384?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Kibner posted:

https://twitter.com/rodger/status/1287076609602646018?s=20

I been watching a bit of this game and saw the Storm throwing out constant traps and even a few triple teams to shutdown the rookie in her debut game. lol

It worked, the Storm won!