Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

fast food apps own. download them for your favorite national chains, but the smaller the chain the more dogshit the app

of the ones i use, mcdonalds, jack in the box and wendy's are the best because of an extensive coupon section. use the coupons, they're usually pretty good. i'm not a picky eater so i'll just do some quick math and choose the one with the best deal to use that trip, like bogo big macs or infinite $.99 2tacos / 5 piece nugs at jitb. mcdonalds lets you use one coupon every sixty minutes but jitb lets you load the gently caress up; it's gotta be really cost-effective for a car-full of people

which do y'all use? i haven't tried burger king, subway, chik-fil-a, sonic or other big chains. what's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Burger King is pretty dece, it's always the same deals but they're pretty good ones, like a large fries and 10 pc c-nuggs for the price of just the nuggs

7-11 app is doing half off medium slurpees all month, you used to be able to get 50 cent coffee refills with it and they let you fill up, like, a whole bubba beer cooler. They don't let you use your own cups these days though

Starbucks app gets you unlimited refills on drip and cold brew, that one's top tier even if you don't bother with the points

Tim Hortons app has different coupons every week, some of them are really good

The KFC app fuckin sucks, don't bother

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I'm surprised that I haven't used a fast food app that hasn't sucked a butt.

Well the Ike's one isn't great, but they aren't a big national chain and they've had an app for like 11 years.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
taco bell's app offers a lot of customization options and now does rewards so we'll see how that turns out.

del taco's kind of sucks.

tin drum is good and basic with a lot of specials and a rewards program.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Yes the Taco Bell app is good for showing what you can do with a taco. So many options I didn't know about.

McDonalds app is good. There's always a deal where you can put together a decent meal for 5 bucks or so.

BK has good deals, but it always seems skew towards meals for 2 or more people.

The Wendy's app sometimes has good offers, but it's weird. There's a weekly coupon for $2 off a PREMIUM combo, but there's no way to tell what a premium is. For example, Dave's combo (the most basic sandwich they have ) is considered a premium combo. However, the Big Bacon Classic is not. Makes no sense.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Taco Bell app has great features but crashes constantly.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Popeye's app kinda poo poo itself yesterday while I was using it. I was able to get my order through and hit the "I'M NEARBY MAKE MMY FOOD" button, but afterwards it logged me out/forgot my orders when the dude asked me to show it for verification.

Thankfully the dude just said "Or tell me what was in your order."

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I just logged into the Taco Bell app for the first time since they rolled out all the rewards and they gave me a free birthday baja blast slush thing so 5 stars.

(wish I coulda picked a pineapple slush, but hey man I ain't complainin')

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I can't get the Wendy's app to take my credit card and I'm furious

----------------

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

The Habit app doesn’t suck. Can order in advance and have them deliver to your car out front.

Never got an order completely right but they try I guess?

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Bar nachos (with real shredded cheese, not Chipotle liquid bullshit) are a top-tier app.

Onion blossoms are pretty solid too

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Bloomin onion is the #1 God tier appetizer.

The only thing in the same tier is those huge fat fresh made egg rolls at chinese joints.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this thread is not about appetizers this thread is about jack in the box's new coupon that gives you every side order they have for $10

----------------

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Ok then I want to ask who it is that has and uses the Olive Garden app

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

4.4 rating on the play store, great

...no coupon section, uninstalled

----------------

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
DD's app lets you learn points per order, and when you get enough points you get a free drink. It's pretty sweet.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

i say swears online posted:

this thread is not about appetizers this thread is about jack in the box's new coupon that gives you every side order they have for $10

The Jack across the street from me has been closed since Covid hit and I wish they would either reopen that location or sell to whataburger already

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

YeahTubaMike posted:

DD's app lets you learn points per order, and when you get enough points you get a free drink. It's pretty sweet.

This used to be 7-11 and then some consultant firm told them it was better to offer like free taquitos or something instead so I stopped using it.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

thezanke
Feb 16, 2020

Nacho Bel Grande customization on the Taco Bell app is absolutely fantastic, but you apparently cant get black beans after 10pm.

The Buffalo Wild Wings app allows you to order delivery through it and will outsource the order to other delivery services like DoorDash, etc. It can also be set up with a rewards program so you get some free wings from time to time.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker
I need to rant about how loving bad the Burger King app and website is.

Let's say I'm some kind of crazy person and I want to do something absurd like look at the menu. I have to choose a location first. Fine, whatever, but none of the locations near me support online ordering so I can't pick them.

So in order to just loving view the menu of a restaurant, I have to scroll the map to some other random city and find a location with online ordering, just so I can see their food offerings before I get to the restaurant.

Further, if it's late at night and I want to plan for the morning and see what their breakfast options are, I can't. They just don't show them if it's not breakfast hours. I have to wait for the morning when I'm in a rush, and then jump through the hoops above just to LOOK AT THE loving MENU. :argh:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao i almost typed that same post last week

but then i got the app working and their daily special was eight spicy nugs for a dollar plus a free whopper so i spent $5 for two days' worth of food

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

burger king and wendy's coupons/deals sections are more generous than mcdonald's, now. a while back mcd's switched from bogo stuff to buy one get one for a dollar etc

----------------

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

In n Out app sucks a lot

BromanderData
Mar 20, 2013

Stroke it with me

The Chosen One
Big fan of the McDonald's and TacoBell apps.

Nothing like pulling up to a slammed McDonalds and getting my order ahead of everyone in line / paying less from the offers they have.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I use Chili's, Applebees, Publix, Five Guys and Tijuana Flats apps, and Slice for pizza.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

.99c two tacos on the jack in the box app are perpetually there, like needing to ask the old librarian about the special book in the back. the app should simulate dust on the screen you have to swipe away before you can order

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

burger king app: go to 'deals' and get bogo whoppers, then go to 'bk favorites' in the main menu and get as many orders of eight spicy nuggets for $1 as you want. i just got two days' worth of food for like $7

----------------

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

In n Out app sucks a lot

They have an app? Why?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Ultimate Mango posted:

They have an app? Why?

taco cabana has an app

----------------

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Well In-N-Out seems new to the app scene. Even their permissions are pretty tame:

quote:

This app has access to:
Storage
read the contents of your USB storage
modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
Photos/Media/Files
approximate location (network-based)
Other
receive data from Internet
full network access
prevent device from sleeping
view network connections

They need to get on Chick-fil-A's level:

quote:

This app has access to:
Storage
Wi-Fi connection information
view Wi-Fi connections
Device ID & call information
read phone status and identity
Photos/Media/Files
Camera
take pictures and videos
precise location (GPS and network-based)
Identity
find accounts on the device
Contacts
find accounts on the device
Phone
read phone status and identity
Other
receive data from Internet
control Near Field Communication
pair with Bluetooth devices
view network connections
prevent device from sleeping
run at startup
control vibration
access Bluetooth settings
full network access

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
CFA's app is a massive privacy violation, data being sold, given to third parties, tons of PII.

It uses multiple third party vendors to literally enumerate everything on your device. It also attempts to re-identify devices through resets, like iOS factory resets. This should not be legal or appstore allowed.

Vendor outright brags about this:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

how're the coupons tho

----------------

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
arby's app is worthless and Popeyes won't take my money

aside from that they're all decent from what I've used. notably burger king seems to have a ton of huge discounts all the time.

----------------
This space intentionally left blank.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

burger king always has $1 8 nuggets and a $3 double whopper which is crazy good

https://twitter.com/rashiq/status/1319347626798731264

----------------

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
did that guy just tweet out enough CFAA evidence to send him to jail for life over ice cream machines?

edit: oh in the next tweet he says he's not really sending the order okay then.

tetsuo fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Oct 23, 2020

sisterSyzygy
Sep 5, 2013

The funk soul brother at the back of her head has gone dark. Forever.
Popeye's in my town is loving done with the app and they only want you to tell them what the coupon is. They don't care. I don't even open it any more I just want tenders

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jitb and bk continue to knock it out of the part with coupons but mcdonald's is getting stingier and stingier

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

i say swears online posted:

jitb and bk continue to knock it out of the part with coupons but mcdonald's is getting stingier and stingier

I got JITB and BK coupons in the mail the other day

Now if only the JITB across the street would open back up