Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Is there a link to a replay of this goal I want to weigh in with my totally useless opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

realbez posted:

Is there a link to a replay of this goal I want to weigh in with my totally useless opinion

https://twitter.com/stkildafc/status/1286994161346809861?s=21

Join us in the sty

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
That’s kicking in danger, sir.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Solemn Sloth posted:

17.3.2(i) Kicks or attempts to kick the football in a manner likely to cause injury

If you don’t think attempting some dumb bicycle kick while your opponent is contesting the ball right there, while spectacular to look at, meets that definition you’re a dumbass.

What could go wrong with encouraging players to kick the ball mid-air out of a contest *Jeff White sets off another metal detector in the background*

Lol, you're reaching like all hell to justify your lovely opinion.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Nutsngum posted:

Lol, you're reaching like all hell to justify your lovely opinion.

:thumbsup:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Solemn Sloth posted:

17.3.2(i) Kicks or attempts to kick the football in a manner likely to cause injury

If you don’t think attempting some dumb bicycle kick while your opponent is contesting the ball right there, while spectacular to look at, meets that definition you’re a dumbass.

What could go wrong with encouraging players to kick the ball mid-air out of a contest *Jeff White sets off another metal detector in the background*

Wasn't Jeff White bending over the pick up the ball when someone took a swing at it and got him in the face instead? It's probably not really comparable to Membrey's kick, there wasn't really much force in the action.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

gay picnic defence posted:

Wasn't Jeff White bending over the pick up the ball when someone took a swing at it and got him in the face instead? It's probably not really comparable to Membrey's kick, there wasn't really much force in the action.

The Jeff White one it was bopping around in congestion after a throw in and the dickhead decided he’d just throw a boot in for good measure.

Membrey’s had nowhere near that potential, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable that when the ball is in the air you compete with your hands not your feet.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
It looked as dangerous as toe poking as a player is reaching for the ball on the ground, which happens a dozen times a game. If the Port player was marking the ball, that’d be a different story.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Those toe pokes are supposed to be kicking in danger, too. But only one a game ever gets called. Usually the most gentle one.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Nah, King decided to try and roundhouse kick it out of mid air and just kicked White who was at best slightly hunched over.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

realbez posted:

Those toe pokes are supposed to be kicking in danger, too. But only one a game ever gets called. Usually the most gentle one.

And that’s exactly why I don’t have much of a problem with it, as it’s pretty consistent with the other calls, right or wrong as they may be.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

LMAO at that non free kick, essendon player crashes into Murphy's back, gets nowhere near the ball, play on and bomber goal

Next play, another bomber goal from a pretty blatant throw

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Come on crows

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Bombers carried to the line by a series of terrible HTB non-calls

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

Bombers carried to the line by a series of terrible HTB non-calls

About loving time, normally we're on the receiving end of a fisting from the umps

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Collingwood getting a proper pantsing

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Collingwood have lost 28 percentage right now, West Coast have gained 15.

Makes the top 10~ teams very even.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Eddie Mcguire must be very sad about now.

This is a good thing for society in general.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
I’m surprised we beat Adelaide but gaining 0% against the bottom team is deplorable. Brisbane will put us to the sword next week

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
https://twitter.com/tiredandstrong/status/1287290507203239936

:wow:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Drop Bennell for missing that goal

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

The sheer amount of disposals the Dees are getting smothered by the Lions is impressive, in a bad way

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Umpiring hosed, water wet.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Jul 26, 2020

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

That was the biggest pile of bullshit score review ever. Clear as day mark, and they call it back 10 seconds later to give Brisbane half a minute to clog up their defence. Get absolutely hosed

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
The score review in the Melbourne game was fuckt

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Two teams missing their best players in the pissing rain kicking points, what a game

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Freo putting on an all time stinker here

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

Freo putting on an all time stinker here

Dunno about all time

https://twitter.com/exambolor/status/1287708295625506817?s=21

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I remember that game, they dropped their only goalkicker the next game

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Don Scott has come out and accused Hawthorn of breaching the salary cap with secret bank accounts in Tasmania. Sadly the AFL has already set a bad precedent by refusing to strip cheating teams of their premierships so nothing will loving happen.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Testekill posted:

Don Scott has come out and accused Hawthorn of breaching the salary cap with secret bank accounts in Tasmania. Sadly the AFL has already set a bad precedent by refusing to strip cheating teams of their premierships so nothing will loving happen.

That was back in the 80s yeah? The only clubs that weren’t breaching the cap then were the ones who didn’t physically have the cash to do so.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Thanks for the update, Ralphy. Don is talking about what happened in the 80s and early 90s, when many clubs were paying players outside the salary cap after it was introduced in 1986. He isn’t talking about our recent flags, despite the obvious intention to imply it. These are extremely old allegations being brought up now to draw the ire of you, the gullible twitter media consumer. There was an amnesty on widespread salary cap cheating from the afl in 1994 which many clubs, including Hawthorn, took to avoid punishment for their breaches.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

That was back in the 80s yeah? The only clubs that weren’t breaching the cap then were the ones who didn’t physically have the cash to do so.

Therefore the Bulldogs and Saints should be the only teams that didn't do it. Also probably Sydney

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Testekill posted:

Therefore the Bulldogs and Saints should be the only teams that didn't do it. Also probably Sydney

In 1987, Sydney were fined the maximum of $60,000 and forfeited their first round pick in the National Draft after a VFL investigation found that they had exceeded the salary cap by $1.15 million during the season.
In 1992, Sydney were fined $50,000 after it was found that they had failed to disclose payments made to former player Greg Williams during the 1990 season; Williams was suspended for six matches and fined the maximum of $25,000 for accepting the payments.[8]
Hawthorn was fined $28,500 in 1992 for a minor breach in relation to benefit payments.
Three clubs were fined for minor breaches in 1993: Melbourne ($13,450), Carlton ($9,750) and Footscray ($2,700).[9]
In 1994, Carlton were fined $50,000 after it was found that they had exceeded the salary cap by $85,000 during the 1993 season.[10]
In 1995, Sydney were fined $20,000 after key documents relating to player financial details and star full-forward Tony Lockett's contract details were lost in the post by club officials, forcing the club, who had won the last three wooden spoons, to scratch from the 1995 pre-season draft and play the season two players short.[11] The club officials responsible for this error were fired by the Swans one week later.
In 1996, Essendon were fined a record $638,250 ($250,000 in back tax and penalties, $112,000 for draft tampering and $276,250 for breaching the salary cap regulations), forfeited their first, second and third round picks in the National Draft and were excluded from the 1997 rookie and pre-season drafts after a joint Australian Tax Office and AFL investigation found that they had committed serious and systematic breaches of the salary cap regulations totalling $514,500 between 1991 and 1996, including $110,000 in 1993 when Essendon won the premiership.[12]
Ten other clubs were fined in 1996 for minor breaches in a crackdown following the Sydney incident the year before: Fitzroy, St Kilda and North Melbourne ($30,000 each), Richmond ($20,000), and Brisbane, Collingwood, the Western Bulldogs, Fremantle, Hawthorn and the West Coast Eagles ($10,000 each).

Blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Don Scott just wants people to remember who he is again other than a racist fuckwit, so well done on taking the bait I guess?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Testekill posted:

Also Fitzroy, surely.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

Also Fitzroy, surely.

You gotta be able to pay people before you can pay them outside the cap so Fitzroy is a no go

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Majak Daw is playing this week :3:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

also sounds like the Swans and Giants are going to have to get over the border to Brisbane/Queensland early, and instead of basing out of Sydney and flying in/out, will have to base out of Queensland instead until they go to Perth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Footyjumpers.com found an old article describing/showing uniforms of old pre-vfl teams

This owns

https://twitter.com/footyjumpers/status/1288259952667066368?s=19

https://twitter.com/footyjumpers/status/1288205354292011009?s=19

drunkill fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jul 29, 2020