Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Anyone watching this R&M anime? Is this new?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

It's completely new, and it's like Harmon and Roiland sent a professional anime studio like a paragraph of what the show is about, sent some style guidelines for the characters, and a list of like 6 major plot points to cover and let the studio fill in the rest in generic anime-style without over-saturating the references to the classics too obviously.

This is a mini-version of the April Fools' "Release Episode Out of Nowhere / Destroy the Last Cliffhanger in Twenty Minutes / Leave Fans Wondering If It's Canon" fuckery.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kdltv_CSHE

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I wonder if Solar Opposites will be on any platforms outside of the US because I'm curious after the people going on about it here.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

I have no idea what happened in this

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

This is incredibly well animated. I may need to start watching Tower of God now.

Also:

Cojawfee posted:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Aww, I really liked that. Less-nihilistic Rick is good.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Isn't that dude making a show of his own now?

Edit: yes- https://twitter.com/MichaelRCusack/status/1286161029215301637?s=19

This continues to be the most incredibly Australian thing I've ever seen.

The suburbs being individual houses on top of hills seems a symbolic thing but that's kind of exactly the country I grew up in.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

The_Doctor posted:

Aww, I really liked that. Less-nihilistic Rick is good.

I always get a kick out of Shinjuku being portrayed as a criminal cesspit when it's per capita crime rate is less than half of the U.S.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I always get a kick out of Shinjuku being portrayed as a criminal cesspit when it's per capita crime rate is less than half of the U.S.

Ah, a Persona 5 fan.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

It's revealed that the real Rick died and drugged Morty into being Rick. Our Rick. Rick is now canonically Old Morty.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Summer’s VA, Spencer Grammer, was involved in a stabbing incident by a violent drunk looney tune at a restaurant. She and her friend tried to pull the guy away from a waitress he was screaming at and she get sliced up on her arms and her friend was stabbed in the back.

They are both alive and will probably be physically ok, just sending love and well wishes to the best big sister on TV!

https://comicbook.com/irl/amp/news/spencer-grammer-rick-and-morty-ny-knige-attack-hospitalized/

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Eiba posted:

It's revealed that the real Rick died and drugged Morty into being Rick. Our Rick. Rick is now canonically Old Morty.

I got that part. What threw me off of the phone call at the end.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

readingatwork posted:

I wrote it all off as just anime weirdness, so I didn't get any of it. So he gave Morty the vial and said drink it after I'm gone, and it turned Morty into the Rick we see at the very end? And then the phone call is Jerry calling to say that Morty's been born, huh??

I don't like subtlety in my rickinmorty, geniuses like me and Rick don't want to have to pay attention or analyse things.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

Summer’s VA, Spencer Grammer, was involved in a stabbing incident by a violent drunk looney tune at a restaurant. She and her friend tried to pull the guy away from a waitress he was screaming at and she get sliced up on her arms and her friend was stabbed in the back.

They are both alive and will probably be physically ok, just sending love and well wishes to the best big sister on TV!

https://comicbook.com/irl/amp/news/spencer-grammer-rick-and-morty-ny-knige-attack-hospitalized/

all she had to do was stay in the god drat car, it was programmed to

keep
Summer
safe

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
Fate wants anyone related to Kelsey Grammer dead, for some reason.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Devol_Tettran posted:

Fate wants anyone related to Kelsey Grammer dead, for some reason.

Aw, he's not a sex monster too, is he? Not Frasier??

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
No he just had an incredibly awful and painful life full of close loved ones dying and it’s why he’s had substance abuse issues his entire career.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he were conservative because he is extremely rich, but I’ve never heard a bad story about him, just how loving geeked out he was on the set of Frazier

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Don't go to his wikipedia page and read the political views section then.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

also don't read about the accusation w/r/t his babysitter

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
Apparently his most admired person is Vladmir Putin lmao

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Oh well gently caress Frasier then I guess lmao the first eight seasons are pretty good

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Cojawfee posted:

Don't go to his wikipedia page and read the political views section then.

But inside you secretly long for a cold hearted republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Conversely, David Hyde Pierce is an absolutely wonderful person.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

There's also this video of Kelsey Grammer committing crimes against humanity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXD-jvHage8

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Phenotype posted:

Aw, he's not a sex monster too, is he? Not Frasier??

he is an amazing Chicago Mix of awfulness, all kinds of garbage borne of crushing sadness.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Awww, Rick was actually nice in this clip.

Bust Rodd posted:

I'm really glad she's okay. What a scary thing to have happen.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Mustafa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPAw95c_AOE

Rough footage of the first couple of minutes of a Season 5 episode. Looking forward to finding out more about Rick's nemesis.

What are the odds that "Nemesis" is code for "ex-boyfriend"?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Given the Venture Bros vibes I'm getting from this, could be both.

boo_radley posted:

he is an amazing Chicago Mix of awfulness, all kinds of garbage borne of crushing sadness.

As said in the Frasier thread, the Brundlefly of Frasier and Always Sunny is Kelsey Grammar's actual life.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Maybe they fought over Rick's wife?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Maybe they fought over Rick's wife?

that'd definitely make him the Namor to Rick's Reed Richards so its possible

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

readingatwork posted:

It was time travel. The episode took place in the past. Remember the weird 80s/90s cell phone? "Our" Rick was Morty right up until Morty was born. Morty was born at the exact same time as Morty became Rick. The whole theme of the short was that memories of the past are mutable, therefore time travel is pointless. In the end Morty became Rick by memory manipulation and it doesn't matter. This is 100% canon now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ah yes, my nemesis.:swoon:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Awww, Rick was actually nice in this clip.

I'm really glad she's okay. What a scary thing to have happen.

My parents randomly brought this up to me this morning, and I was wondering how they would know about this. And it turns out it happened 2 minutes away from their apartment.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izP8VonPHSI

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Eiba posted:

It was time travel. The episode took place in the past. Remember the weird 80s/90s cell phone? "Our" Rick was Morty right up until Morty was born. Morty was born at the exact same time as Morty became Rick. The whole theme of the short was that memories of the past are mutable, therefore time travel is pointless. In the end Morty became Rick by memory manipulation and it doesn't matter. This is 100% canon now.

There’s a subtle undertone of “gently caress the fans” here and it rules.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

You know what one of the really good things about this show is that I don't see talked about enough? The instrumental music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV1CoNVyHp4

That is just so gorgeous, and the soundtrack is full of beautiful things like that.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Interesting, they're pretty much done writing Season 5 and have moved on to Season 6. He says it's weird to actually be on schedule or even ahead because he's so used to working under the pressure of "The animators have been doing nothing for weeks while you fail to write it."

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

:toot:

https://twitter.com/rickandmorty/status/1307481544093827076

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Holy poo poo, congrats goon animators