Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
It's affiliated with Ostania which is the eastern nation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they seem to only handle domestic cases, or at least yoru does.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
The last chapter confused me because I thought Yoru’s agency was non-political. Maybe they never specified and I just assumed.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yoru thinks they are a benevolent organization that purges corruption, so everyone she kills deserves it. heck, it might even be true considering how idealistic loid's bunch and the loving stasi (of all things) seem to be.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Vengarr posted:

The last chapter confused me because I thought Yoru’s agency was non-political. Maybe they never specified and I just assumed.
I think that Yoru and Yuri ultimately work for different branches of the same organisation but don't know that the other does as well.

Syritta
Jun 28, 2012

Vengarr posted:

I also had the impression she was a contract killer, but in the second chapter she refers to the guy as "traitorous scum" and mentions he's a government employee, so if nothing else she's apparently told it's political.

eta: wait, she also refers to herself as doing "contract killings". I got nothin

Syritta fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 20, 2020

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

InspectorCarbonara posted:

I think that Yoru and Yuri ultimately work for different branches of the same organisation but don't know that the other does as well.

I'm not sure if they work for the same organization, but Yor is at least in practice an Ostanian agent. Her assassination agency may be semi-independent for the sake of plausible deniability, but the main gag of the series is that the husband and wife are secretly working as operatives for opposite sides.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New chapter
Maybe it's because this happened a lot in other stuff I read these past weeks, but I'm really tired of authors introducing rival characters into series that don't need them. Cat anya protecting her own was adorably appropriate.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Not really a spoiler, but w/e

A very powerful entrance.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Oh man, such a good chapter :allears:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That I love yoooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu gag was so good.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

This series even manages to make the tired "introduce a pointless love rival for no reason" cliche absolutely hysterical. Poor Anya went through the ringer this chapter :allears:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
It occurs to me that we have seen this character in the last chapter. Though she seems to have gotten a bit of a redesign (the bangs became a bit longer)

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Anya continues being the best.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I mean, can you really blame the author for wanting to see how a love triangle would work in the incredibly bizarre romantic setup they've created? C'mon, this is Spy x Family. The more chaos, the better.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Brought To You By posted:

New chapter
Maybe it's because this happened a lot in other stuff I read these past weeks, but I'm really tired of authors introducing rival characters into series that don't need them. Cat anya protecting her own was adorably appropriate.

I mean, we already met Daybreak several chapters ago.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

tsob posted:

I mean, we already met Daybreak several chapters ago.
I'm talking about unneeded love rivals. Daybreak is a treasure and I won't hear otherwise. :colbert:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Looking forward to Daybreak and Nightfall's inevitable hookup.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I can't wait for Nightfall to try and take out Yor only to be confronted by the fact that Yor is superhuman.

Also:

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Yuri and Nightfall teaming up to break up Yor and Loid, only to release that they have exact opposite reason for doing so.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Mulderman posted:

I can't wait for Nightfall to try and take out Yor only to be confronted by the fact that Yor is superhuman.

Also:

This needs to be in the op

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Mulderman posted:

Also:

Missing the blink and krakl

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Mulderman posted:

Also:

Amazing. I feel like it should be flipped left-right, so she's gazing in stunned horror at whatever post you're replying to.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
This manga is too good. I binged it immediately.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Mulderman posted:

Also:

She's already observed that Yor has no openings... she will tail the woman for weeks and never find one, certain she must have dropped her guard during the few hours she was unable to surveil, as she had an assignment to prevent an assasination, and failed.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
While I recognize that introducing a love rival is super cliché move, the chapter did actually pretty good job in making me like Nightfall and I hope she eventually ends up with the only man fit for her - Daybreak.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Maybe this will get Loid to finally kiss his drat wife.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
unfortunately the new character is hot so i have to respect and acknowledge the inclusion of a bizarre eleventh hour love triangle

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Venuz Patrol posted:

unfortunately the new character is hot so i have to respect and acknowledge the inclusion of a bizarre eleventh hour love triangle

:yeah:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

chumbler posted:

Maybe this will get Loid to finally kiss his drat wife.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Who cares about the love triangle? There is a new weirdo for Anya to mindread!!! Yatta! Yatta!

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

The more weird adults for Anya to mind-read the better. I hope the author adds as many triangles and quadrilaterals as they want.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Venuz Patrol posted:

:agreed:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It was very obvious what the deal was from page 1 but the drop is still insanely powerful.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It was a great reveal even if you knew it was coming thanks to Anya.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Not even the possibility of having a second super spy parent is worth having Gohan's childhood

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

Mulderman posted:

Also:

If the subforum ever goes back to being flipped, this will make a great avatar.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Jerkface posted:

Who cares about the love triangle? There is a new weirdo for Anya to mindread!!! Yatta! Yatta!
Poor girl's going to be jaded as all hell by the time she sees her 7th birthday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Rody One Half posted:

It was very obvious what the deal was from page 1 but the drop is still insanely powerful.