Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The recipient android has to have a VX chip and be connected to the Skymind too.

Edit: Honestly you should be sticking VX 2-3's in everyone anyway, bonus consciousness is hard to come by and they're fairly cheap to make, if hard to install

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Inacio posted:

by the way LWM's Deep Storage is the best extra storage mod i've used so far. you can save space at the cost of time, so it's not as cheaty as everything else

I had to turn off the storage time calculations because when I load up a caravan or a cargo shuttle to sell the 100 pieces of nano armor from the last glitterworld commando raid the game freezes between 30 seconds and a few minutes then resumes at a chugging pace while my colony moves stuff to the shuttle.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

One of the best things about the Rimworld thread is how Tynan assumed that Rimworlders would share a general horror of distasteful actions, even if justified, and actual humans posting here are frequently confused as to how some worthwhile or necessary act might still make someone feel bad ~

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Can there be a truer love in the Rim? I think not.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

quote:

Beyond Impossible Meals:

For when even vegetarian meals are not ethical enough for your chosen conduct.

This mod is for people who wish to make their lives beyond impossible by striving to avoid eating any animal products in their war crimes simulator. It adds strict vegan recipes for all plated meals to the campfire and stoves where appropriate.

Since plant based foods are less calorie dense than animal products, the nutritional value of the meals are is slightly lower and the work needed is slightly higher. They also cost less.

Unlike the meals made with ConZ's mod, these are actually vegan and do not stack on top of vanilla meals. Also, unlike Chicken Plucker's Vegan Survival Meals, eating them does not give any extra moodlets.

Beyond Impossible Meals is intended as a companion for Muesli, which gives a vegan equivalent to pemmican, if that's something you want as well.

Should not conflict with other mods, not even Chicken Plucker's Vegan Survival Meals.

:allears:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2177980416

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Wasn't Tynans original vision for Rimworld that people would build a makeshift shack community and then try to escape the planet and "win" the game as quickly as possible?

Then fighting tooth and nail against people turning it into a town simulator (which is what the game was successful for)

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
My space station is coming along nicely, but you know... I'm thinking of gutting it all and doing a new start. This time just being in space. Maybe solo colonist that scavenges debris to expand the ship, and getting new colonists will be either cloning corpses or building androids.

All that time spent, why do I do this :shepface:

Leal fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 26, 2020

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Katt posted:

Wasn't Tynans original vision for Rimworld that people would build a makeshift shack community and then try to escape the planet and "win" the game as quickly as possible?

Then fighting tooth and nail against people turning it into a town simulator (which is what the game was successful for)

I have never seen someone actively hate fun as much as Tynan does and its genuinely astonishing how good this game is despite his best efforts

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Danaru posted:

I have never seen someone actively hate fun as much as Tynan does and its genuinely astonishing how good this game is despite his best efforts

Sheer customizability is the saving grace involved. The base game scenario editor is incredibly powerful, and the modding system is comprehensive and easy enough to use that between these two things Tynan's vision for the base game is a dead letter the moment someone gets tired of it.

Even pure XML editing can take you amazing places, never mind when scripting becomes involved.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Danaru posted:

Oh man if only you would look at the Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead development community. Tynan looks like Willy Wonka compared to that aggressively joyless bunch.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

One mod would make this game 10 times more fun for me.

SOS2 but everything being more compact.

Give me a heat sink that costs 30 times as much to build but is 20 times as efficient.
radiators on the same ratio.
Radiators that work within shields.

Making a radiator that's covered by a shield but also just on the edge forces such massive ship designs and I just want a small ship. The game handles large ships very badly so I don't like how SOS2 forces you to have so many heat sinks etc taking up so much space.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

I dont know why anyone here is surprised the beleiver of the Incel Orientation Ratio(tm) has a bad track record on his assumptions and predictions.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
At least he isn't actively removing gameplay mechanics and options because people are playing it wrong. (I'm looking at you, Stone Soup.)

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Manager Hoyden posted:

Oh man if only you would look at the Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead development community. Tynan looks like Willy Wonka compared to that aggressively joyless bunch.

Let's remove gunpowder recipes. Cause its not realistic that people know how to make gunpowder :downs:

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Leal posted:

Let's remove gunpowder recipes. Cause its not realistic that people know how to make gunpowder :downs:

Let's remove all experience gain while we are at it, none of your colonists know how to cook? I hope you enjoy starving. Also no one is skilled enough to know how to make anything more complex than tribal stuff, pemmican? whats that?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Katt posted:

No on both counts. The rush to get off the planet was because a ton of crap wasn’t done yet and pressuring people to leave early was the only way to provide a challenging goal. The game these days plays much more slow and sedate even on the tougher difficulty levels because there is a lot more to do. The end game has also been slowed down severely so you can’t just rush across the finish line now, you must finish strong and with a character to your community.

Tynan basically accepted the modders with open arms and fundamentally changed a fistful of things in the game’s architecture and construction purely to make it easier to mod. I have no idea where the narrative that he hates fun came from but it’s close to, though probably not wholly, incorrect.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Except the SOS modders that got threatened with legal action. So they took everything Royalty related out of their mod and now the DLC is even less redundant than ever before.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Welcome to Earth. :black101:

I know I'm not on Earth, I just really like Independence Day.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Tag to find my dumb misbegotten posting

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Results: The only damage anyone took was my poor dumbass who opened the wall takings couple hits as he was fleeing. That and a single turret, but that’s what they’re there for, so I’m happy. Got a couple robot alien corpses I have no idea what to do with and the ancient soldiers didn’t even have cool weapons.

I must be a cat, because the real present was the box the toys came in. Several hundred limestone and steel completely free? Yes please.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Results: The only damage anyone took was my poor dumbass who opened the wall takings couple hits as he was fleeing. That and a single turret, but that’s what they’re there for, so I’m happy. Got a couple robot alien corpses I have no idea what to do with and the ancient soldiers didn’t even have cool weapons.

I must be a cat, because the real present was the box the toys came in. Several hundred limestone and steel completely free? Yes please.

You can remotely take down walls by ordering someone to shoot the wall from a distance until it crumbles.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

You can recycle mechanoid corpses at the machining bench into steel and, before the changes to mechanoids with the DLC, plasters and components as well. My understanding is that non-steel rewards from this were reduced due to the increased number of mechanoid corpses acquired through raids and quests.

I generally set a Disassemble Mechanoid bill to Do Forever and unlimited range when I first build the bench and forget about it.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Turns out sticking the essence of my one-legged pyro colonist with the awesome stat potential into the T5 murderbot isn't easy even with instructions. Everyone's one skill level short of installing the neural chips. Fortunately the T5's been taking out its rage on the easy-to-fix T1s and not the T4 or the one-legged pyro with the awesome stat potential.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Asimo posted:

Bad mood is temporary, replacement organs are forever until some lancer snipes out the kidney again.

Making bionic organ replacements is a good mod. Makes the progress from crashlanded mooks to cybernetic western gods a lot smoother as well.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The Super-Id posted:

Same, although I will also settle for slate + marble sometimes because the black and white stone look nice together.

Here's a mod to help make it look even nicer.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

How would you best go about clearing a large bug infestation out of an open roofed cave? Freezing and indirect heat are both out because the temperatures are normalised by the holes in the ceiling and the horde is too large to take on in an open fight even with favourable terrain.

I'd like to build an IED firebox but I've not acquired a single incendiary shell is this run and the nest is close enough to my base that building it would probably get the builders killed.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Presumably there's a tunnel leading to this cave?

Distribute some chemfuel along the route along with some wood and whatever else flamable, then lure them into the tunnel and pour in the fire from a standard bug killing setup. Soon enough the chemfuel will get hit and all the bugs still in the tunnel will go up.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

Use antigrain shells to take out their food supply

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Colony update: Better Infestations and Vanilla Factions: Insectoids was a perilous combination

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

multijoe posted:

How would you best go about clearing a large bug infestation out of an open roofed cave? Freezing and indirect heat are both out because the temperatures are normalised by the holes in the ceiling and the horde is too large to take on in an open fight even with favourable terrain.

I'd like to build an IED firebox but I've not acquired a single incendiary shell is this run and the nest is close enough to my base that building it would probably get the builders killed.

I'd wall that poo poo in as thick as I can then mortar the hell out of it.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I didn't even get a chance, the I tried to wall in the bugs at the start to buy time to construct the firebox but the Queen was super aggressive in expanding and chewed through it nearly immediately and started patroling the construction site, I managed to ambush and kill her but then the colony launched a full scale attack a few minutes later. My entire colony was torn to shreds

I guess this is my punishment for strip mining an entire mountain without doing the slightest bit of preparation for the inevitable bug war :v:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I've had the game running with my extinct colony for the last hour and these mod bugs have just exponentially expanded mode across the entire map. Already about 15 seperate hives and queens through the entire area and they're rapidly driving everything else in the region extinct, the new scripting on them is horrific.

Also I've just noticed insect jelly is people??

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

In my colony the simple meals and clothes are people so I guess people are like cake. Anything could be it! :v:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Insect jelly is made of any viable food matter, bugs carry raw food and corpses to hives to make jelly.

I found Better Infestations to be buggy(hah) and generally unpleasant, the no-prompts arrival of multiple bugs and hives on map edges or double spawns on regular infestations doesn't add much to the game. I've also not seen the hunting/defense split work. All that and the Queen just make infestations extra punishing if not immediately obliterated on spawn.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

This is awesome, thank you!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
What's the best mod to fix Tynan's dopey assumptions about sexuality? Or is it fixed in the base game these days?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

HopperUK posted:

What's the best mod to fix Tynan's dopey assumptions about sexuality? Or is it fixed in the base game these days?

I use dev mode to turn all pawns bisexual and it makes my colony highly functional, people are happy and the need for bedrooms is around 0,6 to the pawn.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

HopperUK posted:

Psychology, don't play a game without it

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

Katt posted:

I use dev mode to turn all pawns bisexual and it makes my colony highly functional, people are happy and the need for bedrooms is around 0,6 to the pawn.

Rimworld: Highly-Functional Mandatory Bisexuality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

LonsomeSon posted:

Rimworld: Highly-Functional Mandatory Bisexuality

As Aldous Huxley foretold.