Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

namlosh posted:

Filet Oskar

what did Oskar ever do to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

When you make crab cakes what do you do with your leftover crab cream it seems like a shame to just throw it away i licked some out of the bowl and it was delicious

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
What is left over crab

Just make another crab cake you monster

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

It’s not leftover crab it’s crab milk

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

bird with big dick posted:

It’s not leftover crab it’s crab milk

Not everyone knows about crab nipples

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Suspect Bucket posted:

What is left over crab

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Walked over to Costco Business Center™ yesterday while my car was getting worked on. They have the meats.

Not pictured: cheese for days.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The America's Test Kitchen recipe calls for soaking the crab in milk for 20 minutes while you're doing other stuff and then draining/pressing it out so I've got a little dish of crab flavored milk that I dipped my finger in and is legit delicious. I put it in the fridge but haven't come up with any real uses for it yet. Maybe I'll just straight drink it.

The crab cakes turned out okay but I think were too moist to get a nice crust on them, I should have gotten the shrimp mousse and vegetables to be drier.

The other ATK recipe (Maryland Crab Cakes I believe) is about 1/4 the effort and produced a nicer crust so I'll probably stick with that recipe in the future.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

bird with big dick posted:

The America's Test Kitchen recipe calls for soaking the crab in milk for 20 minutes while you're doing other stuff and then draining/pressing it out so I've got a little dish of crab flavored milk that I dipped my finger in and is legit delicious. I put it in the fridge but haven't come up with any real uses for it yet. Maybe I'll just straight drink it.

The crab cakes turned out okay but I think were too moist to get a nice crust on them, I should have gotten the shrimp mousse and vegetables to be drier.

The other ATK recipe (Maryland Crab Cakes I believe) is about 1/4 the effort and produced a nicer crust so I'll probably stick with that recipe in the future.

Was getting really confused about crab milk until you made this post. Drink the crab milk and report back

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Make a seafood chowder with the crab milk.

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

Make cheddar biscuits with the crab milk.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

For any other Costco ladies, the $10 Nautica shorts they have right now are tops. Just buy a size smaller than you usually do.

E: just went to exchange the shorts for the correct size and picked up these $25 Champions!

Bibliotechno Music fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 26, 2020

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
Bought these this week and had them for dinner tonight. They were a bit dry (easily fixable) but they were tasty and smoky. They're expensive too but I think there's enough for two meals for my small family of four, which makes it not so bad.

Frankly, it's better than most brisket I can get at BBQ joints in Michigan. We are not a good BBQ state.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
I really enjoy my bedtime chewable vitamins, even as a full grown adult. They were out of the usual brand, so I got the Kirkland ones on sale for like $8.

They’re gross. I do not look forward to my bedtime gummy vitamins any more. Not one bit.

Granted, it’s only been two days. Maybe I just got bad flavors, but I don’t recall flavor being a problem with the vitamax or whatever they were.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Gravitee posted:

Bought these this week and had them for dinner tonight. They were a bit dry (easily fixable) but they were tasty and smoky. They're expensive too but I think there's enough for two meals for my small family of four, which makes it not so bad.

Frankly, it's better than most brisket I can get at BBQ joints in Michigan. We are not a good BBQ state.

I think those were the same ones I tried and I thought it was pretty bad. As in, really hard to finish the package bad. I tried multiple ways of heating it up too; oven and stovetop in addition to microwave. I remember it being incredibly fatty, even when I cut off giant chunks of fat. I think like a lot of that pre-made stuff, less is more... It might be interesting at first but it falls off a cliff once the novelty wears off.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

david_a posted:

I think those were the same ones I tried and I thought it was pretty bad. As in, really hard to finish the package bad. I tried multiple ways of heating it up too; oven and stovetop in addition to microwave. I remember it being incredibly fatty, even when I cut off giant chunks of fat. I think like a lot of that pre-made stuff, less is more... It might be interesting at first but it falls off a cliff once the novelty wears off.

Do you not know what burnt ends are?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

number 1 snake fan posted:

Do you not know what burnt ends are?

Do you know why they’re burnt? To render off the giant chunks of fat.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
Sheet cakes are back. I got one for my daughter's birthday today. Now I get to try to finish off 10lbs of cake mostly by myself because it's still Zoom birthday party times around here. And she chose vanilla.. :(

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Sheet cakes are back. I got one for my daughter's birthday today. Now I get to try to finish off 10lbs of cake mostly by myself because it's still Zoom birthday party times around here. And she chose vanilla.. :(

:yeshaha:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

fischtick posted:

I really enjoy my bedtime chewable vitamins, even as a full grown adult. They were out of the usual brand, so I got the Kirkland ones on sale for like $8.

They’re gross. I do not look forward to my bedtime gummy vitamins any more. Not one bit.

Granted, it’s only been two days. Maybe I just got bad flavors, but I don’t recall flavor being a problem with the vitamax or whatever they were.

I'm glad i'm not the only one who enjoys the chewy supplements. I don't chew the vitamins, but I do get the fiber supplements. I've had bad experiences with the fiber pills/powder and these gummies taste great and usually work. I don't get a lot of fiber on my diet, so I end up eating like 4 servings a day to make up for it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
be honest

who here sheetcaking alone

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I am currently working on a sheetcake I totally bought for my niece and not because I wanted enough cake to drown in.

I should pour some of the 15lbs of canned nacho cheese I definitely needed to buy on it.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

fischtick posted:

Hmm. I just got a 2 pack of these last week and have not noticed any horrible flavors.

I could just have a lovely pallette tho.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
I’m hoping it’s not so much a bad flavor as much as it’s a different flavor. Last night’s seemed okay. Maybe I just fear change.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

david_a posted:

I'm really not a fan of the precooked meats they have in the cooler section. Really have not hit on one that I would routinely buy.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

SirPablo posted:

I'm really not a fan of the precooked meats they have in the cooler section. Really have not hit on one that I would routinely buy.

I do have a love for the precooked with sauce brisket but it is so salty, I know it's not good but I like it.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
Get some of that Kirkland organic strawberry jam they sell and put some of it on that plain rear end white cake.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Liveblog coming soon for my fist Toujours Mikes pizza SUPERSTAR pizza.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
Boursin cheese is laughably expensive literally everywhere else.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The Costco app now shows next month's ad
Click on "Savings" within the app. On iOS it's on the bottom, I think on Android it's on the side.

AlphariusOmegon
May 11, 2020

I've decided. I need to start making pilgrimages to this holy place of Hot Dogs and 20 oz. Sodas for $1.50

There's one in town. How do I start this quest? Do I just go up like a dipshit and ask to give them $60 to let me in? Is there a password?

Also with the plague happening, are there like, occupancy limits? Will I have to wait 2 hours?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

fischtick posted:

I’m hoping it’s not so much a bad flavor as much as it’s a different flavor. Last night’s seemed okay. Maybe I just fear change.

It's this. I did the same thing and thought they were gross at first but I got used to Kirkland gummies within a weeks or so and then they were fine.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

AlphariusOmegon posted:

I've decided. I need to start making pilgrimages to this holy place of Hot Dogs and 20 oz. Sodas for $1.50

There's one in town. How do I start this quest? Do I just go up like a dipshit and ask to give them $60 to let me in? Is there a password?

Also with the plague happening, are there like, occupancy limits? Will I have to wait 2 hours?

First things first you gotta be cool, put on your finest suit and tie, otherwise you ain't getting past the door. Then slip the greeters a twenty they'll set you up with a meeting. After you get in the room do whatever they say, god only knows what they'll ask of you, but it's too late to back out now.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

AlphariusOmegon posted:

Go real excited like and ask for some free stuff with your membership, they're probably doing some tote bags or something.

My Costco has occupancy limits on the busy days but I only had to wait 5-10 at most and since there's less people inside things moved pretty quickly.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

AlphariusOmegon posted:

Basically what the other person said, just go in and ask the entry ID check person how you sign up and they will direct you, we walked in through the exit and went to the customer service desk and they signed us up on the spot, printed the ID immediately (maybe 5minutes) and off we went. Also ask about free stuff, they love that poo poo.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
There's usually a secondary door next to the exit rollup door. That's the customer service line and they'll take care of everything.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Ours has giant signs out front saying "<-- members entrance" "exit/signups --->"

Just probably don't try to go in through the tire shop

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

AlphariusOmegon posted:

just stand outside with your hoodie and skateboard and ask people if they'll buy you a dog for 5 buxx

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Huge_Midget posted:

Get some of that Kirkland organic strawberry jam they sell and put some of it on that plain rear end white cake.

This but instead get the bonne maman jam they sell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Whooping Crabs posted:

This but instead get the bonne maman jam they sell

i couldnt sheet cake alone

those things wont even fit in the fridge

I think I tried over 10 years ago