Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi vs. EVIL, NJPW Sengoku Lord, 25/07

Feeling a lot better about EVIL's main event push now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: EVIL (C) vs. Hiromu Takahashi for the IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental Championships - NJPW Sengoku Lord 7/25

I was ready to nominate this as a MOTYC until the last couple of minutes, which really took the wind out of my sails. The back half of the match was so loving good though.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
MOTYC EVIL vs Hiromu Takahashi NJPW Sengoku Lord 25.07

What a goddamn thrill.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

HM: EVIL (C) vs. Hiromu Takahashi for the IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental Championships - NJPW Sengoku Lord 7/25

I was ready to nominate this as a MOTYC until the last couple of minutes, which really took the wind out of my sails. The back half of the match was so loving good though.

:same:

I'm sorry but NJPW interference spots just do not work, they stretch my suspension of disbelief so far it just breaks and becomes comical. Is there really not a single referee who even slightly cares and/or is not made out of absolute paper

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: EVIL vs Hiromu

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
25/7
All Japan Summer Action Series
Triple Crown Title
Suwama(c) vs Shuji Ishikawa

Two big boys, tag team partners at that, and they batter the hell out of each other. Watch the match.

Does RealHero post All Japan? I'm always keen to see more Shuji Ishikawa

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SG Bamboo posted:

Does RealHero post All Japan? I'm always keen to see more Shuji Ishikawa

Aye, usually but only after it airs on Samurai. This show is due to air on the 2nd August so he'll probably have it up in 10 days or so. At a guess. That said, I really do recommend AJPW.tv. Yes, it's not got much in the way of an archive, the earliest show is 2017 & really it doesn't start having regular stuff until 2018, but All Japan is such a fun promotion right now, Ishikawa actually has the book right now & has since late last year & he's been doing some fun stuff. They have some great young wrestlers like Hokuto Omori, Dan Tamura, Akira Francesco & they use some outsiders like Ayato Yoshida & Rising HAYATO who are really enjoyable too, there's solid vets & yeah, if you have the spare $10 then it's well worth it.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Fair. Right now i've got NJ and DDT, so i'll have to see how my financial situation shakes out when i move into my own house next month. But more relevant to the thread.

HM - NJPW Sengoku Lord 25/07/20
Shingo Takagi vs El Desperado

Despy rules, and Shingo is an amazing wrestler. Just wish it ran a bit longer.

EVIL vs Hiromu Takahashi

This was way better than I feared it would be, but not as good as the matches i've nominated MOTYC already.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

nth

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Rarity posted:

Feeling a lot better about EVIL's main event push now

Rarity posted:

HM: Shingo Takagi vs. El Desperado, NJPW Sengoku Lord, 25/07

Great showcase for Despy, he got in loads of offence and dominated one of the best in the world for a lot of the match

nth

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

MOTYC: Shingo Takagi vs El Desperado, NJPW Sengoku Lord 7/25

The selling elevated this for me.

HM: EVIL vs Hiromu Takahashi, NJPW Sengoku Lord 7/25

Probably hit the mark for me in terms of wrestling but I’ll always be reluctant to give a match MOTYC when there’s that much interference.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

HM: Blake Christian vs Alex Zayne, GCW Homecoming 7/25

If you know who these two guys are, it's everything you expect it to be and it ruled. If not, you really should check this match out.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Fair. Right now i've got NJ and DDT, so i'll have to see how my financial situation shakes out when i move into my own house next month. But more relevant to the thread.

HM - NJPW Sengoku Lord 25/07/20
Shingo Takagi vs El Desperado

Despy rules, and Shingo is an amazing wrestler. Just wish it ran a bit longer.

EVIL vs Hiromu Takahashi

This was way better than I feared it would be, but not as good as the matches i've nominated MOTYC already.

Agree with this.

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009

Akileese posted:

HM: Blake Christian vs Alex Zayne, GCW Homecoming 7/25

If you know who these two guys are, it's everything you expect it to be and it ruled. If not, you really should check this match out.

Nth. As always with these two, there were a few spots that seemed to defy all science and logic.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

HM: TJP/Karl Fredericks vs. Rocky Romero/Jeff Cobb, NJPW Lion's Break Collision, 04/07

Karl Fredericks has an absolutely gorgeous dropkick

Nth this. Super fun match, really heated, didn't out stay its welcome, good stuff

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

MOTYC: Joey Janela vs Yoshihiko, GCW Homecoming 7/25

Nuff said.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Akileese posted:

Nuff said.

nth

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Akileese posted:

Nuff said.

Nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

That's 2 MOTYCs for Yoshihiko in under 2 months so that slaps.

(sorry J-Ru, this isn't a vote, I've not seen it yet, just commenting)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Togi Makabe/Ryusuke Taguchi/Satoshi Kojima vs. Tomohiro Ishii/Toru Yano/Gabriel Kidd, NJPW Summer Struggle, 26/07

Very surprised by how fun this was

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Yuji Nagata/Yuya Uemura vs. Minoru Suzuki/DOUKI, NJPW Summer Struggle, 26/07

Minoru killed a man call the cops

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Minoru Suzuki & DOUKI vs Yuji Nagata & Yuya Uemura NJPW Summer Struggle 26.07

Just excellent stuff. Grandpa battle is best battle.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

HM: Yuji Nagata/Yuya Uemura vs. Minoru Suzuki/DOUKI, NJPW Summer Struggle, 26/07

3rd'd

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rarity posted:

Smash cut to cops sitting staring in terror at a ringing phone.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

HM: Moriarty vs YUTA - Beyond Wrestling Two Weeks Notice - 07/27

This was great and made me a fan of Moriarty. YUTA ruled, as always.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'll give this an Nth. Both those guys really brought it.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

nth

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Minoru Suzuki & DOUKI vs Yuji Nagata & Yuya Uemura NJPW Summer Struggle 26.07

Nth.

HM: Naito/Hiromu/BUSHI vs. Togo/Ishimori/EVIL, also NJPW Summer Struggle 7/26.

Kept it tight and fast, Togo brings a little new flavor to these matches, and it's always fun seeing Naito pissed off.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Jungle Kyona vs Mayu Iwatani, STARDOM 7/24

Really good match, maybe the first big Stardom match that felt like it was hurt by the crowd not being able to cheer. Some brutal suplexes and powerbombs.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Tam Nakano vs Giulia STARDOM 7/26

Awesome match, you should really go out of your way to see it. Cool leg kicks early and then brutal head kicks later and a really brutal looking finish.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

HM: Moriarty vs Tony Deppen - GCW Homecoming - 07/27

Would I be remiss to nominate two Moriarty matches in a row? It was pretty different from the YUTA match but just as good.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

flashy_mcflash posted:

Would I be remiss to nominate two Moriarty matches in a row? It was pretty different from the YUTA match but just as good.

Nth

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

nth

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

flashy_mcflash posted:

nth, enhanced enough by the story of Moriarity getting his first win to push me to HM

also want to nominate HM: ACH vs KTB - GCW Homecoming - 07/27, glad ach is back :unsmith: also thought KTB busted out some fun offense, just had fun with it all around

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Moty Alex colon vs Zach wentz gcw homecoming 2

Holy fuckkkkkk

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Procrastinator posted:

also want to nominate HM: ACH vs KTB - GCW Homecoming - 07/27, glad ach is back :unsmith: also thought KTB busted out some fun offense, just had fun with it all around

Definitely nth. ACH and Lio both back wrestling this weekend makes me real happy.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Procrastinator posted:

Suplex Liberace posted:

Holy fuckkkkkk

nthing both of these

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Procrastinator posted:

Suplex Liberace posted:

Holy fuckkkkkk

Nth both

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Procrastinator posted:

Suplex Liberace posted:

Holy fuckkkkkk

nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Suplex Liberace posted:

Holy fuckkkkkk

nth, also:

HM: Scramble - Alex Zayne vs. Blake Christian vs. Myron Reed vs. Tre Lemar vs. Jordan Oliver vs. Jimmy Lloyd

couple botches (it's a fuckin scramble what do you expect), but some guys pulled out some wild poo poo, esp. zayne and christian.