Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
Huckleberry is now and forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Paracelsus posted:

Ikelos v2, with Seraph Rounds, Subsistence or DSR (if you worry about Subs. reducing your reserves), and some combination of Demolitionist, Disruption Break, or Surrounded to taste. It makes warmind cells, and will be one of the 2 last primaries capable of doing so to rotate out.

I'm not minding the season having some lulls to let me actually play other games. There's also Moments of Triumph stuff to do if you want.

I've been playing around with those because they drop a lot. I think the one I'm using has Zen/Ricochet/Frenzy or something. I've not really known if Seraph rounds was worth a poo poo, so I'll give it a try. I'll keep your perk recs in mind.

Moe_Rahn posted:

Huckleberry is now and forever.

I've never really used Huckleberry. I'll infuse it up and see how it does.

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
Run heroic adventures on mercury or the flashpoint planet of the week to get the huckleberry catalyst. It reloads the entire mag on a kill and makes mulching waves of enemies at max rpm fun and sustainable.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
Just gonna quote myself from way back.

Moe_Rahn posted:

Huckleberry's catalyst is the only one I've ground out that never once felt like a chore while I was doing it. The catalyst effect is "what if the gun's exotic gimmick, but MORE", which is great, and it's a gun that I always come back to because it's one of my favorites for clearing trash mobs and adds.

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
It’s great to run masterworked huckleberry in a strike with pubbies and play super aggressive and end up with 4 times their combined kills and 60 orbs generated.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kadath posted:

It’s great to run masterworked huckleberry in a strike with pubbies and play super aggressive and end up with 4 times their combined kills and 60 orbs generated.

Same but sunshot, or a monte carlo / doomfang middle tree void titan.

Btw if you don't have a subsistence / rampage(or swashbuckler) Gnawing Hunger I highly suggest going for it as you can easily grind it out with umbral focusing.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Captain Log posted:

I've not really known if Seraph rounds was worth a poo poo, so I'll give it a try.
Seraph Rounds give a hidden bonus to zoom, increasing the effective range, and overpenetration is good against crowds of red bars.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
How good is swashbuckler as a perk compared to other damage perks?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Gonna get that Huckleberry catalyst. I don't have many left to find. The only one I'm working on is the new trace rifle. I just found out about the Eyes of Savathun thing, so I'll have it finished by tomorrow.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Listerine posted:

How good is swashbuckler as a perk compared to other damage perks?

On par or better than the rest of them.

Not for PVP, unless you get a melee kill. Then its basically kill clip.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Huckleberry/No Catalyst -

PvE - This thing loving rocks
Gambit - This thing doesn't rock when you aren't getting one kill every four rounds
PvP - More than adequate

Thank you for tuning in. Please hit like and subscribe and smash that notification button for more Destiny Two HOT TAKES from a guy who can barely walk right. :downs:

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

CheeseFactory posted:

On par or better than the rest of them.

Not for PVP, unless you get a melee kill. Then its basically kill clip.

I never get melee kills so I think I'll stick with Rampage then.

Captain Log posted:

Huckleberry/No Catalyst -

PvE - This thing loving rocks
Gambit - This thing doesn't rock when you aren't getting one kill every four rounds
PvP - More than adequate

Thank you for tuning in. Please hit like and subscribe and smash that notification button for more Destiny Two HOT TAKES from a guy who can barely walk right. :downs:

I like Riskrunner as well for PvE stuff if there are Fallen or other enemies that use Arc damage.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I've got two dumb Destiny questions -

- I turned in my first ten "Moment of Triumph" achievements and unlocked the sparrow, ghost, and badge. But something flashed up on screen saying, "Claim your Blah Blah Blah" but it got bumped off the screen by my loading into a planet before I could read it. Any idea what that what in regards to? I've totally spaced on badge achievements before because they don't always flash.

- Old rear end Gambit Quest - Ok, I've still got the Middling Synthesizer. I'ver done the part of the quest of doing enough matches about a billion times. But when it comes to Reckoning encounters, I absolutely cannot figure out how to get into a match that accepts middling motes. It's always weak motes, even when I do different difficulties. I am so loving tired of looking at that quest in my bounties. What's the painfully obvious thing I'm missing to do a Middling Mote encounter?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Captain Log posted:

I've got two dumb Destiny questions -

- I turned in my first ten "Moment of Triumph" achievements and unlocked the sparrow, ghost, and badge. But something flashed up on screen saying, "Claim your Blah Blah Blah" but it got bumped off the screen by my loading into a planet before I could read it. Any idea what that what in regards to? I've totally spaced on badge achievements before because they don't always flash.

- Old rear end Gambit Quest - Ok, I've still got the Middling Synthesizer. I'ver done the part of the quest of doing enough matches about a billion times. But when it comes to Reckoning encounters, I absolutely cannot figure out how to get into a match that accepts middling motes. It's always weak motes, even when I do different difficulties. I am so loving tired of looking at that quest in my bounties. What's the painfully obvious thing I'm missing to do a Middling Mote encounter?

It was probably for a t-shirt or something like that..

You know the screen where you select "Launch" for Reckoning? There's a box above it with a light level shown. Hit that and select the middle difficulty level. Bring a tether, well, or bubble, and don't get knocked off. Also most pick-up groups aren't well-coordinated so they don't successfully complete the bosses.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Paracelsus posted:

It was probably for a t-shirt or something like that..

You know the screen where you select "Launch" for Reckoning? There's a box above it with a light level shown. Hit that and select the middle difficulty level. Bring a tether, well, or bubble, and don't get knocked off. Also most pick-up groups aren't well-coordinated so they don't successfully complete the bosses.

Huh, I've tried that more than once and only had it accept weak motes. I'll try it again and see if I'm nuts.

Where can I view my available "earned" T-shirts? I might want to set some money on fire.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Captain Log posted:

Huh, I've tried that more than once and only had it accept weak motes. I'll try it again and see if I'm nuts.

Try other deposit slots. There's one each for weak, middling, and strong.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Captain Log posted:

Where can I view my available "earned" T-shirts? I might want to set some money on fire.

https://www.bungie.net/en/profile/rewards

You probably have to give them an email address or something, I forget how it works.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Also, try interacting with your synthesizer in your Quests tab, or even removing the synthesizer and then getting it back from Drifter. I seem to remember having an issue that was related to the synthesizer being stuck at a lower level until I just got a new one from Drifter.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Captain Log posted:

Did you actually make a middling mote using your synthesizer?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://i.imgur.com/w2I5Kzv.mp4

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Emron posted:

Did you actually make a middling mote using your synthesizer?

Yes, I made sure to do that. It seems that any match I load into only takes weak motes, regardless of the light level I pick.

Hobnob posted:

https://www.bungie.net/en/profile/rewards

You probably have to give them an email address or something, I forget how it works.

Thank you very much.

Edit : That was it. I had three different emblems available, so of course the game cluster bombed me with notifications as I was loading into a planet.

Oh look, you can pre-order the shirt for the low, low price of $777,777.77

Bungie, ladies and gents.

Paracelsus posted:

Try other deposit slots. There's one each for weak, middling, and strong.

:stare:

I loving guarantee this is the issue. I won't know until I play tomorrow, but I promise this is it.

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jul 29, 2020

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
You claim rewards you've unlocked on the site and it'll email you a code to bring those down to normal person prices.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The 777k price is what they always put on items that you earn in game. They did that for raid jackets, seal pins, etc.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Holy poo poo I didn't know there was a Falcon Punch finisher :swoon:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Zeth posted:

You claim rewards you've unlocked on the site and it'll email you a code to bring those down to normal person prices.

Emron posted:

The 777k price is what they always put on items that you earn in game. They did that for raid jackets, seal pins, etc.

I figured as much. It still strikes me as odd having them listed at nearly a million bucks.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It makes them impossible to buy, the payment system won't let you even try to put 700 grand on a credit card. They probably have limited control over whatever third party ecommerce service runs the store and came up with this as a best workaround.

Millertime
Jul 5, 2007
Well after endless procrastination, I finally decided to play comp to finish off a bunch of quests in my backlog. In one day, I managed to obtain Randy’s Throwing Knife, Mountaintop, Recluse, and Redrix’s Broadsword. While I know these are all getting the sunset treatment in November, what are the best usages for these new toys until then? So far I’ve only dabbled with Redrix, which absolutely mulches people in crucible once Desperado is active. What are some fun uses/builds for the others as a Warlock main?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Millertime posted:

Well after endless procrastination, I finally decided to play comp to finish off a bunch of quests in my backlog. In one day, I managed to obtain Randy’s Throwing Knife, Mountaintop, Recluse, and Redrix’s Broadsword. While I know these are all getting the sunset treatment in November, what are the best usages for these new toys until then? So far I’ve only dabbled with Redrix, which absolutely mulches people in crucible once Desperado is active. What are some fun uses/builds for the others as a Warlock main?

Recluse + mountaintop + devour + nezarec's sin is a very good pve setup.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Mountaintop + any good energy primary (used to be Recluse but after all the nerfs there's others I like more these days) + your favorite heavy makes pve a solved problem.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Don't forget that sunsetting won't affect normal Crucible at all so all that stuff will be fine for most pvp going forward.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I still need Redrix's because I didn't know about the five resets in a season last go round. Had I known, I would have wrapped up the actual quest earlier.

The Pinnacle Sniper Rifle will never be mine. I'm fine with it. I think I've got thirteen sniper kills for all of PVP. I'm not quick enough anymore. If I could one shot people? Sure. But two shot-ing folks isn't happening.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

So wait for moco when a body shot is a one shot kill. I used an explosive projectile sniper to get kills off splash damage. Had a couple of half shot kills when i did it.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Stravag posted:

So wait for moco when a body shot is a one shot kill. I used an explosive projectile sniper to get kills off splash damage. Had a couple of half shot kills when i did it.

I figured this out way too late to get it done. I normally play one to two Crucible matches a night. Much past that just feel like a pain in the rear end.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Millertime posted:

Did you do all those quests in one day from start to finish? I'm struggling on the mountaintop- I'm running Mayhem matches with Hunter using tether, Colony and a proximity Truthteller, and it's taking forever.

I'm using this season to wrap up a bunch of odds and ends from the previous seasons/years, and jeez destiny has a lot of crap content. I'm at like 230/400 for Eriana's Vow catalyst. This is probably the first time since D1 that I won't be preordering content.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Captain Log posted:

I figured this out way too late to get it done. I normally play one to two Crucible matches a night. Much past that just feel like a pain in the rear end.

You play way more crucible than I'm willing to

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Really the secret to Destiny is to only play the fun parts. You cannot 100% a game like this and trying will make you want to kill yourself

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Listerine posted:

Did you do all those quests in one day from start to finish? I'm struggling on the mountaintop- I'm running Mayhem matches with Hunter using tether, Colony and a proximity Truthteller, and it's taking forever.

I'm using this season to wrap up a bunch of odds and ends from the previous seasons/years, and jeez destiny has a lot of crap content. I'm at like 230/400 for Eriana's Vow catalyst. This is probably the first time since D1 that I won't be preordering content.

I was struggling with mountain top quest too until Witherhoard came. Those collateral kills from the pools helped a lot.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

haveblue posted:

Really the secret to Destiny is to only play the fun parts. You cannot 100% a game like this and trying will make you want to kill yourself

Truth

I've probably done five strikes since 2018

Millertime
Jul 5, 2007

Listerine posted:

Ah, I just got the glory required in a day, I had all the other things done already. And as others have said, MoCo is the way to go. I’ll likely try to finish Revoker and Komodo next time that mode rolls around, even though I don’t care for those weapon types at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Stravag posted:

You play way more crucible than I'm willing to

Part of how I keep Destiny fresh is to play 1-2 rounds of each major game mode a night. Crucible, Gambit, Strikes, Forge, and some Lost Sectors for weirdo bounties

My Altered Element is already at 4.5k. I always end up with way more seasonal currency than I could possibly use.