Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

How long til someone buys the movie rights to 'Love Will Be The Death Of Us'

(for the record, https://medium.com/@ianmack/love-will-be-the-death-of-us-7baa690dcd0
Though I more recommend https://medium.com/@alexandraerin/infidelity-will-be-the-death-of-my-marriage-1020720676ef to preserve your sanity)

I think this would work if you film it as a serious drama but add in a laugh track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Groovelord Neato posted:

I dunno why people think anyone wants to read a book about how they're a shithead.

Because it sounds hilarious in a big schadenfreude kind of way

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

obviously she was too early, if she had released that after 50 Shades got popular she would have had a niche to market to.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The Klowner posted:

Because it sounds hilarious in a big schadenfreude kind of way

Oh no doubt but there's no way she's writing it thinking "man people are gonna laugh at me for being such an rear end in a top hat".

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

I dunno, going from a quirky self-promotion blog to an open exploration of your failed marriage framed in the context of being a butcher... if nothing else, I admire her swinging so far in the opposite direction of what her fans probably expected.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

I dunno why people think anyone wants to read a book about how they're a shithead.

Chopper Reed was a cultural icon for years in Australia. Then again, i'm not sure we're actually a real country.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Snowman_McK posted:

Chopper Reed was a cultural icon for years in Australia. Then again, i'm not sure we're actually a real country.

Ned Kelly is also an Australian cultural icon, so I think shitheaddery may just be a fundemental Australian value. Maybe turning a big open-air prison into a country via genocide was a bad idea :shrug:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Red Bones posted:

Ned Kelly is also an Australian cultural icon, so I think shitheaddery may just be a fundemental Australian value. Maybe turning a big open-air prison into a country via genocide was a bad idea :shrug:

I mean, he's basically along the same lines as Butch Cassidy, Jesse James et al.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I mean, he's basically along the same lines as Butch Cassidy, Jesse James et al.

He's a bit different: a failed sheep thief, dreaming of past glories, angry at having never got his chance. He's not much of a heroic or outlaw figure, despite people trying to draw him as such.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Cameo posted:

I was just reminded of when Spy Kids 3 came out and we got it at our theater, but whoever was the projectionist on duty the night it came in and was spliced together accidentally put like reel four in front of reel three, so the movie was now out of order.

One person in the entire time - roughly six weeks - we had that movie complained, and that’s because they were somehow seeing the movie a second time, having seen it elsewhere. No one else noticed, or at least complained. We never bothered to fix it because there was no time in the summer to tear down half a film and then re-splice it back together properly.

As someone who worked on the floor of a theater, it's a very simple explanation why you only had one complaint, it's a kid's movie. Kids movies exist so that mom can just throw them in the theater and have 1.5 hours in the dark not thinking about their kids.

You ever had to clean one of those theaters? gently caress man, kids running up and down the asiles even after the credits, popcorn and other poo poo (sometimes literal) everywhere. We always had to bust out the leaf-blowers just to get everything in one spot for easy cleanup.

The only thing worse than a kid's movie to clean was anything over 2 hours. On the plus side of those, the half empty buckets of popcorn and drinks were usually neatly stacked on the floor. Occasionally you'd find an unopened, or mostly unspoiled box of candy in the cup-holders.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Whatever happened to Taylor Lautner? Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are still getting roles, but Taylor just disappeared after the Twilight movies were finished.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
One of those things is not like the others.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Taylor Lautner was the main star of action movie Abduction, among the cast of Love Actually wannabe Valentines Day, the only real Native American main character in Adam Sandler's Ridiculous Six, and had a major role in the second season of Scream Queens. He is not in much beyond those.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Iron Crowned posted:

As someone who worked on the floor of a theater, it's a very simple explanation why you only had one complaint, it's a kid's movie. Kids movies exist so that mom can just throw them in the theater and have 1.5 hours in the dark not thinking about their kids.

You ever had to clean one of those theaters? gently caress man, kids running up and down the asiles even after the credits, popcorn and other poo poo (sometimes literal) everywhere. We always had to bust out the leaf-blowers just to get everything in one spot for easy cleanup.

The only thing worse than a kid's movie to clean was anything over 2 hours. On the plus side of those, the half empty buckets of popcorn and drinks were usually neatly stacked on the floor. Occasionally you'd find an unopened, or mostly unspoiled box of candy in the cup-holders.

16 years later and I'm still traumatized by memories of cleaning up after showings of the Yu-Gi-Oh movie. There was so much popcorn, just everywhere.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://mobile.twitter.com/looper/status/1287145522940215298

The screeching of the nerds is music.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I applaud and admire Brie Larson for wading into that pile of poo poo, rather than withdrawing away.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Any adaptation s of Metroid is going to have a female protagonist. I don't see what the problem is.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

PeterCat posted:

Any adaptation s of Metroid is going to have a female protagonist. I don't see what the problem is.

Nerds hate Brie Larson specifically because she said in one interview that not all movies are made with white male audiences in mind and that broke them.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Nerds hate Brie Larson specifically because she said in one interview that not all movies are made with white male audiences in mind and that broke them.

Also she doesn’t smile enough or didn’t fight Jude Law or whatever bullshit reason they come up with for not liking Captain Marvel.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Should've been Gwendoline Christie.

(Christine is 6'3)

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Should've been

There's no movie in development.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

There's no movie in development.

stupid me

wait didn't larson say the same thing last year?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Brie Larson is a video game fan, specifically a big Nintendo nerd, she’s going to keep saying it until it actually happens because it’s probably an actual dream role for her

Pretty sure the reaction would be “is she going to dye her hair green?” “Yes” “okay then”

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Remember when John Woo was attached to direct a Metroid movie? Gods, that was so long ago.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The Cameo posted:

Pretty sure the reaction would be “is she going to dye her hair green?” “Yes” “okay then”
"HAH, in the Nintendo Comics version ger hair was pale lavender! Gtfo Fake Geek Girl!"

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
I will play the space pirate Ridley in any and all Metroid film adaptations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I forgot entirely that this monstrosity was happening

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Lid posted:

Swords look big, where is the problem?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Other than a comment in 2018 there is no evidence of palicoes.

On the plus side they did cast Ron Perlman as the Admiral which is :kiss:.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Welp, it has just been announced that Tenet will premiere overseas on August 26, ahead of the totally definitely super certainly going to happen US release date of 9/3.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can’t believe I’m gonna be watching camrips of a Christopher Nolan movie. Maybe it’ll be more immersive if I watch it in my VR headset so I can pretend I’m in the theatre

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Yeah I'm a blue Shrek, guy
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Whatever happened to Taylor Lautner? Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are still getting roles, but Taylor just disappeared after the Twilight movies were finished.

Apparently he and Lavagirl have filmed a sequel to be released on Netflix next year.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Did Brie like Other M

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

Swords look big, where is the problem?

"Starring Milla Jovovich" is a big red flag.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Lid posted:

I can already hear the Rifftrax.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Alhazred posted:

a big red awesome flag more like

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Alhazred posted:

Yeah, this is basically an exercise in rinsing money for her and her husband from a cheap license. They milked the RE cow dry and will presumably try to do exactly the same thing here. There's years of poo poo films in Mon Hun I'm sure.

Hopefully with fewer dead crew members.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm torn because I don't generally find the time to watch schlock, and the RLM RE clips look insanely bad, but otoh I really like that she gets to keep starring in leading roles as she ages, which you really don't see in action movies for women like you do for men.

Really, if it was the kind of B movie I normally watch, like martial arts or shoot em up, I'd probably be thrilled.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Welp, it has just been announced that Tenet will premiere overseas on August 26, ahead of the totally definitely super certainly going to happen US release date of 9/3.

If it gets released in Korea we'll already have all seen it by September.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

Can’t believe I’m gonna be watching camrips of a Christopher Nolan movie. Maybe it’ll be more immersive if I watch it in my VR headset so I can pretend I’m in the theatre

A VR movie theatre experience sounds like both a terrible idea and one some people might oddly be into. If it doesn't already exist.