Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Should I know who Lauren is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Should I know who dev patel is?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/BadLegalTakes/status/1287511760862232577?s=19

What do you think the odds are they thought the cake makers shouldn't be forced to make a gay wedding cake?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Runcible Cat posted:

Yeah, his shirt-off scene in TFA had me wondering about hosed-up photoshopping - his torso seemed a weird shape.
He's very broad and was wearing very high-waisted pants. That isn't a very unusual shape unless you get 90% of your body images from media.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Skwirl posted:

What do you think the odds are they thought the cake makers shouldn't be forced to make a gay wedding cake?

Near-universal. Also blah blah "first speech only applies to government intervention go back to 4th grade" blah blah.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Should I know who dev patel is?

He's a famous actor who's been in a bunch of movies. If Adam Driver had his identical career, just without Star Wars, Patel would probably be the more famous of the two.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

mind the walrus posted:

He's very broad and was wearing very high-waisted pants. That isn't a very unusual shape unless you get 90% of your body images from media.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I only know who adam driver is because of the memed wide boy picture from one of the star wars films I didn't see.

E^ that's the one.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Skwirl posted:

They shouldn’t have been allowed inat all. They did all of their shopping and were even allowed to check out.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

mind the walrus posted:

Adam Driver seems like a decent guy who has used his Star Wars/Girls clout for picking good, interesting projects that he's good in.

Always fun when an actor uses their big successes to do what they actually want to do. Daniel Radcliffe's various weird pet projects come to mind.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Pyrotoad posted:

Always fun when an actor uses their big successes to do what they actually want to do. Daniel Radcliffe's various weird pet projects come to mind.

Everyone should watch Swiss Army Man

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Runcible Cat posted:

Yeah, his shirt-off scene in TFA had me wondering about hosed-up photoshopping - his torso seemed a weird shape.

Bad Unflattering costume design. Those pants had a very high and wide waist, which visually shrank his torso while leaving it the same width. With his pants at a normal height, he looks fine. http://www.justjared.com/photo-gallery/2711873/lena-dunham-adam-driver-girls-set-02/

Arsenic Lupin has a new favorite as of 23:57 on Jul 26, 2020

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

mds2 posted:

They shouldn’t have been allowed inat all. They did all of their shopping and were even allowed to check out.

Walmart is still going to let people who refuse masks shop because they don't want to pay out when an employee gets shot

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

More generally they won't actually care if people wear masks or not as long as they spend money.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Bad Unflattering costume design. Those pants had a very high and wide waist, which visually shrank his torso while leaving it the same width. With his pants at a normal height, he looks fine. http://www.justjared.com/photo-gallery/2711873/lena-dunham-adam-driver-girls-set-02/

Look at that fuckin' treasure trail.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Arsenic Lupin posted:

It wasn't pants. In that scene he was recovering from an injury and he had bandages wrapped all around his abdomen, but they were evil bandages, so they were black and not a single person on set cared enough to notice how stupid that looked

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Adam Driver was great in Marriage Story

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Runcible Cat posted:

He just has a thick as gently caress core which is a normal shape for an actually really buff guy, as opposed to the media image of a buff guy.

We're used to seeing that inverted triangle shape with a narrow waste and a bunch of muscle in the shoulders and chest, but you look at athletes or people with really physically intense jobs and they're a lot boxier because they're using their core muscle a lot more.

The costuming just amplified the boxiness even more, and it was probably designed with that conventional triangle in mind and then they just didn't know what to do when he didn't have that look.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

there wolf posted:

The costuming just amplified the boxiness even more, and it was probably designed with that conventional triangle in mind and then they just didn't know what to do when he didn't have that look.
The costume designer for the last trilogy, Michael Kaplan, is the guy who did the original Blade Runner, Miami Vice, The Long Kiss Goodnight, and so on. He's very good. I suspect that making the spoiled child Nazi-lover look dorky with his shirt off was intentional.

A cool interview with Michael Kaplan about designing The Last Jedi.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

We are due a live-action The Black Cauldron.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Apropos of nothing don't google "the last jedi milk comic."

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The costume designer for the last trilogy, Michael Kaplan, is the guy who did the original Blade Runner, Miami Vice, The Long Kiss Goodnight, and so on. He's very good. I suspect that making the spoiled child Nazi-lover look dorky with his shirt off was intentional.

A cool interview with Michael Kaplan about designing The Last Jedi.

Yeah it's perfectly in-character for Kylo to be awkwardly, unflatteringly shirtless while trying to casually skype his crush.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

mind the walrus posted:

Again, overindulgence is a thing and loads of media are designed to hijack your attention center... but Rogan showing signs of addictive behavior and blaming something else why that would be wholly inconsistent!

Dude should be mad af he wasn't born in 2002 and missed the boat to be a Twitch Streamer

He's been super honest about why he won't game and normally talks about how great they are. I think he finally realized all his money now is coming from chuds and just took that full on dive into griftzone finally when he got that Spotify deal, because all of his issues that could be (almost, but not quite) explained away have suddenly come to a point where he can't deny or pretend he's jaqing off anymore.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/kognitobeatz/status/1287415817261506560

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

This is so depressing to me. Even without taking into account how disingenuous this is given how wealthy Bezos is, holy poo poo that's not even a question, of course I would! I'd give up everything I own if it ended world hunger and poverty. And think of the PR gain you'd get from doing so. I will never understand the people out there who value their own property over the slightest benefit for another human being.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

https://twitter.com/KT_So_It_Goes/status/1287567006032699393

you love to see it (kilgore trout is not the idiot)

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Phthisis posted:

This is so depressing to me. Even without taking into account how disingenuous this is given how wealthy Bezos is, holy poo poo that's not even a question, of course I would! I'd give up everything I own if it ended world hunger and poverty. And think of the PR gain you'd get from doing so. I will never understand the people out there who value their own property over the slightest benefit for another human being.

The weird assumption seems to be that 'give up your savings' means 'you will never be able to have money again'. This is despite how people love to defend Bezos' right to his wealth because he started Amazon from his own garage. Surely such a capable business person would have no problems getting back into the industry.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

The sheer difference in scale makes any comparison worthless. If I lost 99% of my net worth I’d be homeless. If Bezos lost 99% of his net worth he’d still be a loving billionaire.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
oh is it talking like its magical spell and thats the price? I interpreted it as

"your assets will be used to solve da problem."

*splits sub 100$ over 7 billion people*

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

PhazonLink posted:

oh is it talking like its magical spell and thats the price? I interpreted it as

"your assets will be used to solve da problem."

*splits sub 100$ over 7 billion people*

I take it as basically a magic spell, but I guarantee that if you asked this guy to clarify it'd become 'whichever angle means I'm right'.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

How racists do you have to be to think Adam Driver looks better than Dev Patel?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

RoboRodent posted:

I mean, this holds equally true for movies, television, novels, any form of fiction, really. It's almost like we value and need fiction and fantasy in our lives, and video games are just the newest form of that!

I'd say that video games are unique in that they give you a sense of agency and accomplishment, so much so that you don't feel the desire to seek those things elsewhere. I say this as someone who plays way too much video games.

That being said, it's hard to put the blame solely on video games. A lot of it comes from the other end, that it's really loving hard to get those things in the real world.

In conclusion, video games are a land of contrasts.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Dude got fat titties

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I hope that bottom text is literal and if you agree to it the Republicans will attempt to withdraw $100 a day from your bank account for 100 days.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Phthisis posted:

Also if you solved hunger and poverty, giving up all your belongings isn't really a big deal, right? Even if you lose everything you won't go hungry and you won't live in poverty. It's a self-solving problem!

RoboRodent posted:

Actually, for the record, just this past spring I was taking a class on 18th century literature, the era of the birth of the modern novel, and we spent a while examining the anti-novel sentiments that were widespread in the 1700s. So much of the whining and pearl clutching about morality and wasted time is functionally identical to modern criticisms about video games.
I'd love to see any examples you might have of this because it sounds amazing.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Source

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

rodbeard posted:

How racists do you have to be to think Adam Driver looks better than Dev Patel?

None?