Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

my story is a bit different from the normal stories

Daikloktos posted:

Perhaps instead of a syllabary of dogwhistles for you, yourself, to reflexively bark at instead try reading a little bit of what people have to say and get to know them on the most basic level

This would make sense if I was in any way involved with this person besides seeing their name in a video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

coolbob posted:

This would make sense if I was in any way involved with this person besides seeing their name in a video.
Oh right sorry I probably assumed you were a different punchguy

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Oh god what bad taste

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

I didn't wanna spend 5 more dollars to buy an avatar, but it looks I have no choice...

In other news, the sketches for all pages of this arc have been completed, and will be released by September at the latest. It's finally gonna be over, folks

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

coolbob posted:

I didn't wanna spend 5 more dollars to buy an avatar, but it looks I have no choice...

In other news, the sketches for all pages of this arc have been completed, and will be released by September at the latest. It's finally gonna be over, folks

did you just give lowtax money?

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Breadallelogram posted:

You can donate to RAINN and post your receipt in QCS to buy things

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
I can't believe I missed that this has been back for over half a year and this fight is still going on

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Now the project includes out and out Nazis!

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

Breadallelogram posted:

It felt bad, but I can at least take solace in the fact that I've still given him less money than most of the people in this thread

LRADIKAL posted:

The project you're referring to is the motion comic/audiobook that ultimatetailsgetstrolled AKA Puke Fukem took over from JazzFlight, not the actual Tails Gets Trolled comic.

Edited because I sounded too mad. I don't wanna have sex with my girl friend so I won't be so mad

coolbob fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Aug 17, 2020

Puke Fukem
Mar 8, 2017

LRADIKAL posted:

First of all, the YouTube channel is a completely separate project from the comic itself.

More importantly, Hazencruz isn't a nazi or alt-right, he's just an edgy weeb.
The unfortunate name is based off this dude's last name from Yugioh.

Here's why I went with him:
In light of Aramek ghosting me over the last few years (no hard feelings), the original plan with the music video was to announce a casting call for Chapter 8. I wasn't looking forward to it for a number of reasons, since it would probably delay Chapter 8 another year and sound bad if I tried to rush it.

And then Hazencruz reached out to me and asked if he could voice the whole thing. And then he actually did it.
His voice is pretty much on the same level as Aramek, and it meant I could jump straight into editing and animating the chapters again without having to worry about the voice. The VA switch would also be less jarring than if I decided to go with multiple voice actors.

For the record, if he actually was a full on Nazi I obviously wouldn't work with him. I might disagree with him politically since he's right-leaning, but it really doesn't bug me since it lets me revive the series.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Puke Fukem posted:

Nothing against you personally, but I would think in 2020 we'd know enough to realize there isn't much daylight between edgy post-ironic internet guy and right-wing Nazi shitbags. :geno:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Remember when that dude was literally named after a swastika, that's a pretty loving Nazi thing to do

oh it's okay he picked it because he modified a YGO character's name in the exact way that leaves ya named etc etc

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Hazencruz's twitter feed is a constant stream of pro-Trump poo poo, Mike Cernovitch retweets, and bitching about SJWs.
The guy's a loving goblin.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Also it really cannot be overstated that he made his online username "swastika". Like sure he swapped out a letter and I'll take your word for it that he claims it's a modified Yugioh character's name, but uhhhhhh if a guy whose twitter was constant retweeting alt-right bullshit under the screen name "Svaztika" said oh lol yeah it's a funny misspelling of an anime character name I would still be pretty certain that person was a Nazi.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Honestly mate, find another guy.

Yeah it is pretty crushing blow and delays things and all but honestly in the long run you will make a better choice.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

coolbob posted:

It felt bad, but I can at least take solace in the fact that I've still given him less money than most of the people in this thread

lol

Puke Fukem posted:

First of all, the YouTube channel is a completely separate project from the comic itself.

The unfortunate name is based off this dude's last name from Yugioh.

Here's why I went with him:
In light of Aramek ghosting me over the last few years (no hard feelings), the original plan with the music video was to announce a casting call for Chapter 8. I wasn't looking forward to it for a number of reasons, since it would probably delay Chapter 8 another year and sound bad if I tried to rush it.

And then Hazencruz reached out to me and asked if he could voice the whole thing. And then he actually did it.
His voice is pretty much on the same level as Aramek, and it meant I could jump straight into editing and animating the chapters again without having to worry about the voice. The VA switch would also be less jarring than if I decided to go with multiple voice actors.

For the record, if he actually was a full on Nazi I obviously wouldn't work with him. I might disagree with him politically since he's right-leaning, but it really doesn't bug me since it lets me revive the series.

lol

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

great choices being made itt

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

That the unironic fans of Lazerbot's work are turning out to be either terrible people or, at best, morons, is hardly a surprise.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
The only thing missing is to give them money! Oh wait...

Hold on, maybe we're being duped, maybe the whole point of hiring baby hitler is so that we start trolling the youtube channel and help continue the legend.

Seriously though. Fire this guy and move on.

LRADIKAL fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Aug 9, 2020

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

Breadallelogram posted:

great choices being made itt

coolbob fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Aug 9, 2020

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Wicked Them Beats posted:

That the unironic fans of Lazerbot's work are turning out to be either terrible people or, at best, morons, is hardly a surprise.

Was about to take issue with this as I'm an unironic fan, but I'm also a moron so I'll let it slide

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

Monicro posted:

Was about to take issue with this as I'm an unironic fan, but I'm also a moron so I'll let it slide

Same. And as proof of that, I just realized that indeed there was actually a way to change your avatar without giving Lowtax money: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3934042&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1 I hosed up lol. Still gonna donate though.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

new page

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

can't wait until the end of the fight aka the next page

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Is the eye monster getting telefragged? No clue if Coyote would survive that, or what happens if he's in the eye realm when the eye monster dies. Or maybe instead of telefragging they merge and become Eyeote.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
This is gorgeous but I have no idea what is going on in terms of movement or positioning.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

FilthyImp posted:

This is gorgeous but I have no idea what is going on in terms of movement or positioning.

Agreed, admittedly I'm on my phone but it's real hard to parse at a glance who is where and doing what.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

FilthyImp posted:

that's how you know it's truly gone to its shonen roots. nothing matters but the spectacle of the individual panel. flow? coherency? articulation? the gently caress is all that?

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

This page is clearer than the last, at least. Coyote summons Demaro's monster and climbs inside. Then, Magma Garry's arms break off, so Bug Satan rushes at the book. The monster projectile vomits Coyote up and out of his book, and he makes it out, right as Bug Satan gets there.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

King Cohort posted:

This page is clearer than the last, at least. Coyote summons Demaro's monster and climbs inside. Then, Magma Garry's arms break off, so Bug Satan rushes at the book. The monster projectile vomits Coyote up and out of his book, and he makes it out, right as Bug Satan gets there.

Yeah that art style isn't good at conveying positioning information but all of this was simple enough that I thought it was very readable

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Coolguye posted:

that's how you know it's truly gone to its shonen roots. nothing matters but the spectacle of the individual panel. flow? coherency? articulation? the gently caress is all that?

Everyone wanting to emulate shonen manga style action needs to study, like, one/murata/itagaki/daromeon to learn how to loving do proper composition and flow in fights.

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

Zerilan posted:

Everyone wanting to emulate shonen manga style action needs to study, like, one/murata/itagaki/daromeon to learn how to loving do proper composition and flow in fights.

Ironically this is one of the things Lazerbot was actually good at. I agree it can be hard to tell what was going in in the last two pages, but that's the risk you take when multiple artists are working on something. Thankfully I think most of the chapter has been good in this regard

Anyway, new page

For those who haven't been reading the site updates, the story arc with Demaro will be finished in September with Lazerbot taking over art duties again afterwards. The first chapter has also been translated into Japanese, which you can read here.

coolbob fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 30, 2020

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

incredible

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Does it also have Japanese misspellings and grammatical errors?

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

The MSJ posted:

Does it also have Japanese misspellings and grammatical errors?

Yeah, but not as many I don't think. You'd have to ask the guy who did the translation as my Japanese skills are pretty bad. I put the text into the comic and tried to make it as close to how it is in English, which looks pretty hosed up. Mainly involving punctuation and formatting

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

coolbob posted:

The first chapter has also been translated into Japanese, which you can read here.

ハイショベル

Looks great. The hosed up typesetting is doing a lot of work.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
This is fantastic.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Is the artwork itself flipped right for left? Might as well go for broke

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Now I'm imagining a world in which TGT somehow blows up in Japanese circles and in the net ten years we start seeing references to it in Resident Evil 22 and Monster Hunter: Quantum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Mordja posted:

Now I'm imagining a world in which TGT somehow blows up in Japanese circles and in the net ten years we start seeing references to it in Resident Evil 22 and Monster Hunter: Quantum.
It's much more likely that TFT becomes the American equivalent to Chargeman Ken, an extravagantly bad anime that was referenced in thousands of memey music videos.