Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
P.A.I.G.E. is an all-time great CBB character. Definitely will be a highlight on the Top 10 review.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

anybody know where I can find the official rules for Jing It or Ding It?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Franchescanado posted:

P.A.I.G.E. is an all-time great CBB character. Definitely will be a highlight on the Top 10 review.

Seriously. I came to RGD for the first time in ages just to extol Gourley's performance. Hot drat was that fantastic

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

This week in ‘things said on CBB that interrupt my attempt to sleep’:

The urge to google whether Neil Young had ever in fact gone on the Simpsons because I also refused to trust an article from 24 years ago. He hadn’t.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Wow, I'm just making the connection between PFT's character on his last appearance and "Meshoo." His voice is also the same as in the secret track on his first album.

There are worlds within worlds people

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Scott referring to JK Rowling as "that notorious TERF" was very funny.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Well hot drat that description has me excited. Both Edi doing a non bean dip character and leo performing a brand new composition. What a time to be alive.

E: ah scratch the first one, I misread. Not that I dislike Bean Dip I was just excited by something new.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Swamp Thing?!

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Fawf posted:

Swamp Thing?!

i know it is an old bit but it slays me every goddamn time

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Wait a minute... Scaroline is in heaven now, but last time Leo was on, he said she was in hell! My continuity!

Also I just watched the CBB TV episode with T-Pain, where Horatio plays the alien abductee who got Stockholm syndrome and started preventing the escapes of the other abductees, and for such a short appearance I think that's one of my favorite of his characters now.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

for some reason Lisa Bonet is trending on twitter and I'm unable to see or hear her name without immediately following up in my mind with "...shake your poo poo around!"

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Chicken says buck buck buck

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Theo, bring me my Mortimer Ichabod slaughtering knife. This fat bastard's gonna feed us for ten weeks!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I love when Will Hines gets antagonized, he rolls with it so well.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Consummate Professional posted:

I love when Will Hines gets antagonized, he rolls with it so well.

He may be the smoothest improviser i've ever heard. He rolls with any insane thing anyone brings up. It's so smooth you don't really even realize everything has become supernatural and he's from hell until a few minutes after it happened and you don't even know how it got there.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I hope we get a LALW appearance soon so Scott can go over his criticism of the Cats movie:

https://news.avclub.com/andrew-lloyd-webber-gets-frisky-calls-the-cats-movie-1844591622

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

He may be the smoothest improviser i've ever heard. He rolls with any insane thing anyone brings up. It's so smooth you don't really even realize everything has become supernatural and he's from hell until a few minutes after it happened and you don't even know how it got there.

He doesn't really get to show it off on CBB much other than just rolling with the punches incredibly well, but as someone whose seen way too much improv over the course of a decade, I think Will is one of the best improvisers on the planet. If anyone isn't immediately turned off by watching filmed stage improv (and unless you're a particular type of comedy fan, you probably should be) here's one of my favorite sets of his before he left NY for LA.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

There's uhhh......something new on the CBB feed.

https://www.earwolf.com/episode/comedy-bang-bang-presents-we-have-to-stop-talking-tmnt-on-cbb/

It seems to be Talking U2/REM/RHCP/Heads but for TMNT? And with Shaun Diston instead of that bum Adam Scott?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Huge shoutout at the end of today’s flagrant ones

(They don’t have a thread so I’m posting it here)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

boxcarhobo posted:

Huge shoutout at the end of today’s flagrant ones

(They don’t have a thread so I’m posting it here)

The HH/Flagrant Ones thread is https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3507938

It's called the Earwolf thread, because once every 8 pages we're allowed to mention Teacher's Lounge.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's been more of an action boyz thread lately

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

EL BROMANCE posted:

The HH/Flagrant Ones thread is https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3507938

It's called the Earwolf thread, because once every 8 pages we're allowed to mention Teacher's Lounge.

I think today was the last Teacher's Lounge mini, so no more of that

From now on, it's all Handbook and...iWeigh?

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

JethroMcB posted:

From now on, it's all Handbook and...iWeigh?

I was secretly hoping with the mini being called “new teacher interviews” it would be leading to a new season.

If anything, though, I’d want them to continue the minis. I love the main podcast but the minis were so good.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

The Senator Giroux posted:

If anything, though, I’d want them to continue the minis. I love the main podcast but the minis were so good.

If you haven't heard it, listen to the episode of Dan and Ryan's podcast You're the Man Now Dog where Jon and Drew guest. It's like the energy of a mini blown up to a full hour; at the end Ryan says "I think new monoscene every week might be the ticket" and I'm hoping that he's talking about their next series.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

JethroMcB posted:

If you haven't heard it, listen to the episode of Dan and Ryan's podcast You're the Man Now Dog where Jon and Drew guest. It's like the energy of a mini blown up to a full hour; at the end Ryan says "I think new monoscene every week might be the ticket" and I'm hoping that he's talking about their next series.

Gonna give that a listen now. Thanks!

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

JethroMcB posted:

nnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

So the description for today’s episode shows that they indeed have not stopped talking about TMNT on CBB.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
And Scott and Shaun are on How Did This Get Played talking about TMNT on NES.

I really hope they address how the winning strategy for the dam sequence is "Just power forward and take damage," the first time I saw a speedrunner do that was mindblowing.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Scott teases June pretty mercilessly this episode. Benefit of being friends, I guess.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Squishy posted:

Scott teases June pretty mercilessly this episode. Benefit of being friends, I guess.

I feel like she kinda deserves it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I agree, and also it was funny and she played along with it. But it was remarkable hearing Scott ask her if she was worried Paul was spending so much time with the Unspooled co-host whose name I forget.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Squishy posted:

I agree, and also it was funny and she played along with it. But it was remarkable hearing Scott ask her if she was worried Paul was spending so much time with the Unspooled co-host whose name I forget.

Amy Nicholson

cams
Mar 28, 2003

scott has always loved using his position of authority to ask people questions they are genuinely uncomfortable with. i respect it.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

I'm starting to think between two Ferns was mostly scott writing

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

This was a really solid episode. Much as I thought the banter between Scott and Jane was funny, each of the subsequent guests' bits were good too.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
On this week's Youre The Man Now Dog, PFT is on discussing how he didn't realize he took this character from Dan Lippert.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Wow, the return of Jazz Jazz!

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1302659482871308288?s=21

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Just edited Wikipedia, looking forward to seeing some Liface type guy poo poo over my complete lack of effort to even bother to work out how to do a citation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jeffrey Characterwheaties has been cat fishing us all