Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

woah Control is really good. Shame if I turn on any raytracing at all my 1070ti melts

i thought you needed an rtx card for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Escape from tarkov is a hidden gem of a game

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

akadajet posted:

it has a software version as well which is thoughtful but enabling it can only lead to frustration

even for rtx cards the raytracing is more icing on an already very nice cake

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

apparently the real killer rtx feature in control is the "deep learning super sampling" (lol) that'll make a 1440p game look pretty goddamn close to 4k

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

akadajet posted:

turns out you aren't wrong!

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

don’t give money to wife beaters to try and “own” me again

wasn't me, i'd never spend money on you

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

carry on then posted:

apparently the real killer rtx feature in control is the "deep learning super sampling" (lol) that'll make a 1440p game look pretty goddamn close to 4k

the dlss 2.0 scaling really is. after seeing it in control i wish more games would add support even if it was to reduce resource use

digital foundry did a good analysis of it visually. they run it on an entry level rtx card that would benefit from it the most in performance. its like a boost to the game with ray tracing on and then some in dlss and a decent hit otherwise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWIKzRhYZm4

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Ghost of Tsushima was beautiful and had excellent gameplay. The story heavily borrows from samurai tropes established by Kurosawa and the ending was real drat good.
welp that’s my take thants

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Agile Vector posted:

oh, speaking of the switch version, the icon is certainly something

rewatching the trailer i realized the whole screen tilts as you move slightly which blended so well in handheld mode id never noticed before

blatant yonic imagery is the pillar of scifi art

(there used to be a page with many many examples of scifi vaginas from movies, comics, games etc if anyone can find it please post)

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
sorry the only sci fi art website i recognize is the sci fi corridor archive: https://scificorridorarchive.com/

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

blatant yonic imagery is the pillar of scifi art

(there used to be a page with many many examples of scifi vaginas from movies, comics, games etc if anyone can find it please post)

its a good bold choice that im surprised made it into the nintendo store but as far as ive seen its less people upset and more amused by the obviousness. id like to see that archive too from an artists perspective

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
steamp rear end

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Agile Vector posted:

its a good bold choice that im surprised made it into the nintendo store but as far as ive seen its less people upset and more amused by the obviousness. id like to see that archive too from an artists perspective

it could be worse lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2cPeliXKpI&t=64s

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i also have an extra room in my house that is basically only for walking around in vr.

lol

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i have a sick idea for a gaeme

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

trying to play ghost of tsushima and look what my stupid loving controller is doing now

https://i.imgur.com/lgRsztI.mp4

im not even touching the analog stick here. it gets worse when i push L2. wtf.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
what the gently caress ui is that, some kind of linux?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

trying to play ghost of tsushima and look what my stupid loving controller is doing now

https://i.imgur.com/lgRsztI.mp4

im not even touching the analog stick here. it gets worse when i push L2. wtf.

my old corded 360 controller does this on the right stick, but to the left. just pull it apart and hit it with air or clean it with q-tips. otherwise get a new one lol

also why is your diagnostic reporting it as gamecube controller lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah the little potentiometers in analog sticks wear out over time. they're mechanical parts with sliding contacts and it just happens. i think some of the super high end leet gamer ones use contactless magnetic sensors to avoid this issue.

depending on what controller you have, replacing the stick unit could be very simple. usually just open it up, detach a few cables, remove the old stick, and reverse the procedure with the new one. look on ebay for the replacement parts.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

yeah the little potentiometers in analog sticks wear out over time. they're mechanical parts with sliding contacts and it just happens. i think some of the super high end leet gamer ones use contactless magnetic sensors to avoid this issue.

depending on what controller you have, replacing the stick unit could be very simple. usually just open it up, detach a few cables, remove the old stick, and reverse the procedure with the new one. look on ebay for the replacement parts.

not even ebay, ali has replacement sticks for pennies if you're willing to use ali lol

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Shaggar posted:

what the gently caress ui is that, some kind of linux?

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

ok first of all that's Dolphin, the gamecube emulator, on MacOS

it was the first thing I could think of to test a controller.

i took it apart and shot some alcohol in the analog thing and it kinda works better but not really. it's an official sony dualshock 4 and it's not even that old so this is kinda some bullshit.

anyway, i've already ordered a new controller and i also ordered some of the replacement analog parts to fix this one.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

the russians used an xbox one controller

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games
Some goon suggested looking at Prosperous Universe in here and now I'm doomed. Great.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

he1ixx posted:

Some goon suggested looking at Prosperous Universe in here and now I'm doomed. Great.

at this point why not buy a couple more monitors and a bloomberg terminal and just become a day trader?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I got the bug in Fallout 4 where your head gets crippled and the PER 1 status gets permanently stuck on no matter what you do. Which is great since I was playing as a sniper. I guess war never does change!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hack your save file or whatever

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DELETE CASCADE posted:

wasn't me, i'd never spend money on you

except you definitely did you butthurt hall monitor bitch

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

qirex posted:

the preferred term is video james [see thread title]

SHIDEO CAMES

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

except you definitely did you butthurt hall monitor bitch

I’d spend money to make you mad lol

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I got the bug in Fallout 4 where your head gets crippled and the PER 1 status gets permanently stuck on no matter what you do. Which is great since I was playing as a sniper. I guess war never does change!

your head was already crippled if you’re playing fallout 4

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

OK Boomer.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
owned

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

:eyepop:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

:wrongcity:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

sir I am 9 years old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

akadajet posted:

I’d spend money to make you mad lol

you should donate your money to charity or something instead. perhaps buy something for your mum or significant other to let them know how much they mean to you etc