Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

AweStriker posted:

Grants could be coming from Glanz

Ah, yes, paired with Dark Phallus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

What's ultimate? Another difficulty level or some quest?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

brand engager posted:

What's ultimate? Another difficulty level or some quest?

A quest type that gets unlocked when you hit lv70. The two ultimate quests in the game right now are Ultimate Naverius and Ultimate Lilipa. They both have stronger and far more aggressive variants based on the enemies you'd normally find on those planets.

Some time in EP4 we should get Ultimate Amduskia, which is similar but more of a set dungeon than the others which are more like open fields.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Combat Lobster posted:

I had a SH PD run that went on for that long, and we ended up failing the DPS check which on one hand that sucks, but the other, how often do I actually get to see what happens when you gently caress up that bad.

So what does happen when you fail the do’s check?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Nemo2342 posted:

You take like 700k damage. IIRC you can bypass it by holding your photon blast when it goes off.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Nemo2342 posted:

death

took me a few runs to know when to hit the photon blast

I've never seen that dps check fail on the lower difficulties

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

brand engager posted:

death

I've never seen that dps check fail on the lower difficulties

Ah. We definitely ended up all dead after the mirror match; I had to use a half-scape and res everyone since the only other person to revive didn’t bother to help.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

One thing I've come to appreciate about Bo is turning player-sized enemies into ridiculous pincushions.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

OK, any chance this whole mess is going to be straightened out if/when PSO2 gets released on Steam? I want to play, but I'm not touching it until then.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
The Steam version should be smooth sailing. Basically all of the problems have been a result of the extremely peculiar way that the they tried to turn the PSO2 launcher into a UWP and have the Microsoft Store/Windows "manage" it.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
If. If there is ever a Steam version.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Get in the tweaker, goons.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

MR. J posted:

Get in the tweaker, goons.

It can still break.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Speaking of Nemesis, those things seem to be kind of a pain to farm - I ran a couple hours of Ult Naverius with EX Tri100 + Tri150 + Rare250 boosters and got only one 13* weapon at all... which was both a gix and for a class I do not currently play (Br).

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I dunno how people grind ultimate that hard, it is so incredibly boring, especially naverius. For some reason I like lilipa better. Even then I can only tolerate an hour of it at a time before I find something else to do.

Buying my nemesis weapon was definitely the play, rip to you if you have a high popularity class.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I feel like in terms of priority, farming ultimates should be the thing you do in the game only after you've exhausted everything else for that day. Daily orders give a good chunk of meseta and running them on multiple characters + any UQs that pop up during your play sessions takes up a decent amount of time anyway. The drop rate on slave/nemesis is so low that it honestly might be faster to just farm meseta instead of the items themselves.

The unpopular weapons such as Wired Lance or Twin Dagger can be gotten in like 30 seconds worth of dailies/weeklies meseta wise.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

kirbysuperstar posted:

It can still break.

If you still use the default install path from the microshit store yeah.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

MR. J posted:

If you still use the default install path from the microshit store yeah.

Even in a custom path, it can break.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Hyper Inferno posted:

I feel like in terms of priority, farming ultimates should be the thing you do in the game only after you've exhausted everything else for that day. Daily orders give a good chunk of meseta and running them on multiple characters + any UQs that pop up during your play sessions takes up a decent amount of time anyway. The drop rate on slave/nemesis is so low that it honestly might be faster to just farm meseta instead of the items themselves.

The unpopular weapons such as Wired Lance or Twin Dagger can be gotten in like 30 seconds worth of dailies/weeklies meseta wise.

I definitely lucked out wanting to use Wired Lances; I think I spent maybe 2.5 million getting both a Slave and Nemesis version the other month. Probably spent more on grinding them up before the bottom fell out of the sigma market.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Found out that PSO2 is free to play, gonna try it out tonight and see what the fuss is about, here’s hoping I can manage the menus!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Al-Saqr posted:

Found out that PSO2 is free to play, gonna try it out tonight and see what the fuss is about, here’s hoping I can manage the menus!

You'll probably want to use the tweaker to install it: https://na.arks-layer.com/tweaker-install.html

Installing from the Windows store is prone to breaking at the worst time (i.e. any time you want to play).

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I've noticed the price on nemesis calibur has been creeping up as we get closer to e4, might be a good idea to grab one sooner rather than later if you want to run hero.

Nemesis symbol (the talis) is cheap as dirt though, you can get one for like half a mil with respectable affixes.

edit: I'm thinking of leveling Hero on my Force since I use a dex mag on my main and that's useless for hero. A T-atk mag is fine for hero, right? I know there's no subclasses to worry about, but I just want to make sure there isn't something obvious I'm missing here.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jul 28, 2020

Kobata
Oct 11, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

edit: I'm thinking of leveling Hero on my Force since I use a dex mag on my main and that's useless for hero. A T-atk mag is fine for hero, right? I know there's no subclasses to worry about, but I just want to make sure there isn't something obvious I'm missing here.

Hero's Mag skill (and Etoile's, for that matter) equalizes your three attack stats, so any attack-focused mag works.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Kobata posted:

Hero's Mag skill (and Etoile's, for that matter) equalizes your three attack stats, so any attack-focused mag works.

Cool, thanks. I guess it just feels weird moving from Force to Hero without needing to make adjustments. I haven't even made affixes on my circuray yet so that isn't really a consideration either.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1056640/Phantasy_Star_Online_2/

This release date appears when you post the link in discord but I don't see the date on the actual steam store page.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jul 28, 2020

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Oh thank god, buh bye windows store :byewhore:

VVedit: think of it this way- the windows store will probably piss itself and force you to do it again at some point anyway. Really you're just saving yourself annoyance in the long run

edit: this will improve the player-base a lot, pso2's gonna get a lot more exposure there

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jul 28, 2020

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I want to switch to steam but man I do not want to download 80 gigs again.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

I know it literally just dropped, but is there any argument to keep using the tweaker at all now that the game is on a working platform? I don't have it handy to look at but does it offer any functionality that might be missed?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
The only video on the store page is the episode 4 trailer, I think it's safe to assume that episode 4 will drop on the same day as the steam release

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.

Fawf posted:

I know it literally just dropped, but is there any argument to keep using the tweaker at all now that the game is on a working platform? I don't have it handy to look at but does it offer any functionality that might be missed?

Did it drop? Is it working?

Come back when its actually out to ask this.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

motoh posted:

Did it drop? Is it working?

Come back when its actually out to ask this.

I'm on mobile and thought it was out, my question about the tweaker still stands though

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Tweaker won't have much to offer for the NA version of PSO2, no. It has links to the major community sites and sets your FPS limit slightly more accurately (don't ask).

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Exactly the response I was looking for. Thanks!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Oh it’s out on steam next week? I’ll wait for that then.

Is there a website or whatever to get myself acquainted with the game in the meantime?

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I always recommend Blac to Basics' channel on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbZ_Vz4wQobZg02jXPs1a8A

He just gets straight to relevant info, doesn't do any HEYYY ITS YA BOY DUBSTEP 30 SECOND INTRO DONT FORGET TO SMASH THAT LIKE BUTTON

e: Here's a guide compilation site.

https://pso2naguides.wordpress.com/

I would highly recommend joining the ARKS-Layer discord (the pso2 tweaker people). Even if the tweaker is less useful once the steam version is out, the discord is still going to be a good place to chat with other players outside of the game, with specialized channels for general advice and each class discussion. Also useful for grabbing some extra players for whatever you're running if your group isn't full.

https://discord.com/invite/pso2

e2:

Confirmed August 5th steam release
https://pso2.com/news/announcements/steamlaunchrewards

Steam rewards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_S8ZDajTvg

e3:

From ARKS-Layer

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 28, 2020

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Episode 4 also confirmed for August 5th then?

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
it's likely, given the trailer

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
The PSO2 website announcement says that the Steam Launch will coincide with Episode 4 so.. get ready for a whole new era of Phaleg memes.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.

Gearhead posted:

The PSO2 website announcement says that the Steam Launch will coincide with Episode 4 so.. get ready for a whole new era of Phaleg memes.

Sounds like a great reason to post the classics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khBp_FCWA6k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

You don't know how much I hope that Phaleg is in immediately at the start. Wanna see new people try to do it.

motoh posted:

Sounds like a great reason to post the classics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khBp_FCWA6k

Oh my god this owns