Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/oIIZsna.mp4

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Not wearing Snowtrooper armor, 7/10

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

one place to poo poo on the falcon

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/X6itVHr.mp4

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lmbo

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

:parrot:

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

"Ooh tiddy!"

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Is that Johanna Braddy?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Dave Syndrome posted:

"Ooh tiddy!"

:randvince:

Man with Hat posted:

Is that Johanna Braddy?

Sara Jean Underwood.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Dave Syndrome posted:

"Ooh tiddy!"

:hmmyes:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Need me a Darth Malt next.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/MaFwIkS.gifv

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

https://twitter.com/PhilSzostak/status/1287436785086152709

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

She's high af

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
maz was a union-buster

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Laterite posted:

maz was a union-buster

Hence why she's also a Disney Princess

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

pics

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Where even to begin here.

- Tittydick eyes

An even worse version of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zowmpbv1za0

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Where even to begin here.

- Tittydick eyes

An even worse version of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zowmpbv1za0

She looks like the original Emperor from ESB

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Here's what I don't understand - why did everyone use those lovely holograms, when view screens were so much better?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Here's what I don't understand - why did everyone use those lovely holograms, when view screens were so much better?

Because they are cool. An evil wizard who seems to loom gigantically over you in a vision of blue light is much more threatening than an evil wizard calling you up on TV

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

gently caress george lucas for hiding and destroying the old versions. only way you can see them now is if you can find a laserdisc.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I don't think there's any force usage thru holograms in the movies, so, tentatively I'd say 'because you can't be force choked thru' as a bonus for holograms.

But I'm sure some comic or cartoon had that.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Animal-Mother posted:

gently caress george lucas for hiding and destroying the old versions. only way you can see them now is if you can find a laserdisc.

I have that! Signed by Prowse. Now I just need a laser disc player

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Musluk posted:

I don't think there's any force usage thru holograms in the movies, so, tentatively I'd say 'because you can't be force choked thru' as a bonus for holograms.

But I'm sure some comic or cartoon had that.

Snoke's big head hologram floor slams Hux in TLJ

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The force. It binds us. Surrounds us. Life makes it grow. Holograms though? Well gently caress. Those didn't exist till like last year how the gently caress u gonna force choke somebody through a hologram dummy

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

People dont get choked over the screen, it's the evil flipside to lifting stones versus the xwing. Five feet away or five hundred lightyears away

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Robot Style posted:

Snoke's big head hologram floor slams Hux in TLJ

Maybe he turned on the setting?

ngl I was veeery drunk post NYE when I watched it, I don't remember it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Social distancing before it was cool.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Animal-Mother posted:

There was a DVD version a few years back which had the laserdisc versions ripped as extras on the bonus disc for each movie.

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
You could also just pirate the despecialized versions, which are all super high quality and are like 40 gigs each

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
IIRC the current despecialized version of ESB uses McDiarmid instead of monkey emperor

Tbh I don’t really have a problem with McDiarmid being used for that shot, but with Lucas choosing to have him so blandly lit for it. You can see his whole face. What makes monkey emperor work is the mystery of it, he’s so shadowy and weird you can barely tell who or what you’re looking at. If Lucas wanted to use McDiarmid he should have had him mostly hidden under the hood, like Sidious is in Phantom Menace.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Eh, he is no longer a mysterious figure by then so it doesn’t matter. It isn’t like he is shadowy in RotJ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

skasion posted:

IIRC the current despecialized version of ESB uses McDiarmid instead of monkey emperor

Tbh I don’t really have a problem with McDiarmid being used for that shot, but with Lucas choosing to have him so blandly lit for it. You can see his whole face. What makes monkey emperor work is the mystery of it, he’s so shadowy and weird you can barely tell who or what you’re looking at. If Lucas wanted to use McDiarmid he should have had him mostly hidden under the hood, like Sidious is in Phantom Menace.

The Despecialized version still uses the old fashioned Orang-utan-Grandma, thankfully (or at least the version I have does).

The problem with Palpatine in the Special Edition of Empire is that it's Revenge of the Sith Palpatine, not Return of the Jedi Palpatine. The make-up especially is a lot different between the two which is why it looks out of place to me. That's just a side effect of them filming that scene during the principal photography of RotS, though.

The "Revisited" fan-edit splits the difference and edits the scene to have RotJ Palpatine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SNqKY7cgJI