Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

hcreight posted:

https://twitter.com/ColinCowherd/status/1287767512688373760

Compelling logic after the Marlins have an outbreak during road series #1.

Cowherd is amongst the dumbest people to work for ESPN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Cowherd is amongst the dumbest people to work for ESPN

Is he not still with Fox Sports? He's probably top 3 there, but the competition is heavy.

I hate how clearly I was able to hear his voice reading that tweet, despite not having listened to him in probably 15 years.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/jtylerconway/status/1287797010259746818?s=19

Just an all time bad brain. Someone please help him.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Kibner posted:

State bird. Also, the name of a really old local baseball team.

Still, it should have been Rougarou.

Ok with that context it makes a whole lot more sense. And better than the ducks.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I had somehow forgotten about the "Big Sexy" thing

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I’d like to see some sort of Jason Whitlock-Armond White collab

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Duck is a good name. Feisty cool looking bird known for teamwork, lends itself to good colors, perfect mascot.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

"Djason Unchained"

jesus loving christ

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

DJExile posted:

"Djason Unchained"

jesus loving christ

Plump Fiction

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

General Dog posted:

Is he not still with Fox Sports? He's probably top 3 there, but the competition is heavy.

I hate how clearly I was able to hear his voice reading that tweet, despite not having listened to him in probably 15 years.

He is but I still associate him with ESPN because it's where he became a name

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

This is mostly about Travis' coronatruthing but there's some quality Whitlock stuff in there too.

quote:

On June 27, the former ESPN and FS1 employee who owns equity in OutKick, wrote a column claiming Jaden McNeil, a student at Kansas State, was being unfairly targeted for the jokes he posted about George Floyd. From Whitlock’s perspective, that made McNeil a “martyr” who was being unfairly persecuted. Prior to firing off a “politically incorrect, insensitive” attempt at humor, Whitlock wrote, “no one had ever heard of Jaden McNeil.”

Whitlock may not have previously heard of him, but even the most bare-bones research would have revealed that McNeil was, indeed, something of a public figure. As the Institute for Research and Education on Human Rights documented, McNeil associated with and promoted a slew of white nationalists and bigots, including Nick Fuentes, Faith Goldy, and Patrick Casey. He also founded a chapter of America First Students, an organization working to rebrand and smuggle white nationalism onto college campuses, according to IREHR. (McNeil has denied that either he or AFS espoused white nationalism.) The thumbnail image for OutKick’s story—which Whitlock posted—is taken from a livestream broadcast in which McNeil discusses how he met Fuentes and became a part of the openly racist ”Groyper” movement. Whitlock omitted all of this information. (As part of his response to The Daily Beast’s questions, Whitlock wrote: “Karen, I am the wrong negro for you to be f–king with.”)

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Whitlock has the most authentically terrible takes.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

hcreight posted:

https://twitter.com/ColinCowherd/status/1287767512688373760

Compelling logic after the Marlins have an outbreak during road series #1.

College football only has four, if you only play in conference! Ironclad case for football there.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
The only time I encounter anything from Barstool or Clay Travis or Jason Whitlock is pretty much just from this thread. I salute everyone risking their sanity to bring us the worst takes on the internet.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

TMI Larry

https://twitter.com/larrycoon/status/1287867829224497154?s=21

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

wow

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
larry coon has two joys in this life, meticulously explaining the finer points of nba's collective bargaining agreement and cunnilingus

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/netw3rk/status/1287922931402592256?s=20

e: wait , why did Nate Duncan call him The Headmaster

BWV fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jul 28, 2020

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
No way volcel Nate Duncan gets that joke

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

chunkles posted:

larry coon has two joys in this life, meticulously explaining the finer points of nba's collective bargaining agreement and cunnilingus

to be so lucky, to have two

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

deadspin alumn are starting a new subscription site

https://twitter.com/williamfleitch/status/1288077204912508929

https://twitter.com/BobbyBigWheel/status/1288076153648013312

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Grabbin my e-wallet or whatever

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I know this sounds perverse but I sorta missed Billy Haisley or at least that uncanny feeling of realizing mid paragraph that he is making no sense.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

What wonderful news to wake up to.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Aw hell yeah. Signing up when I get back to my PC.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Good to see them back, but paying an extra $30 to comment is... something.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

DJExile posted:

:10bux::10bux::10bux:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DJExile posted:

If you’re the kind of filthy hog who needs to be part of a comments section community you should have to pay that.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

If you’re the kind of filthy hog who needs to be part of a comments section community you should have to pay that.

Oh I don't disagree. I'm just surprised they did it.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

They should be paying me for all of the very good emails I send them!

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

DJExile posted:

It sounds like a good way to keep random chuds from making GBS threads up the comments on controversial stories. Old Deadspin had the blacks/greys system which was pretty exclusionary, too.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Looking at that list of writers and I mostly just hope I can continue reading Roth somewhere

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I signed up for this dumb thing.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Subscribed at a nice rate

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The X-man cometh posted:

It sounds like a good way to keep random chuds from making GBS threads up the comments on controversial stories. Old Deadspin had the blacks/greys system which was pretty exclusionary, too.

Old old deadspin you had to like audition to comment and get approved by Will, which was very charmingly old internet, they should bring that back.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I hope the site is up and running by the time the NFL is trying to start its season.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

hcreight posted:

I hope the site is up and running by the time the NFL is trying to start its season.

yeah the podcasts in a few weeks the site launches in september.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Can’t wait for lots of incisive commentary along the lines of “Goodell Doesn’t Care if Any of Us Die”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Hell yeah that owns.

Looking at the writers list, anyone major missing? I can see Greenwell isn't there but that makes sense considering she got a full time job at Wired.