Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

redbrouw posted:

Anyone have a reason why they're wearing ear pieces now?
I'd imagine it has something to do with minimal CR personnel being on site leading to the possibility of some having to remote in to help make the show work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow

Crazy Ted posted:

I'd imagine it has something to do with minimal CR personnel being on site leading to the possibility of some having to remote in to help make the show work?

That wouldn't make any sense for the actual cast though, there'd still be people in the studio other than them. I reckoned it was so they could hear each other better but we also don't know how far apart they are.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
More random geek and sundry stuff but it looks like they pulled all of Super Fun Awesome Party Time at some point. Thats weird.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

redbrouw posted:

So they can hear each other.

They are all seperated at least 6+ ft from each other. Some obviously way further

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

redbrouw posted:

Because they're in glass quarantine bubbles

EDIT: Didn't notice the new page

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
That was a total set up for a scripted show joke and I couldn't be more disappointed in you all.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I still keep going back and watching the end of 102

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

I really want Caleb and Cassandra to meet. I think they're even around the same age, which is kind of funny. By the time Vox Machina is fighting the final battle with Vecna, a bright eyed 13 year old boy is SO excited to be going to wizard boarding school. He's even getting special attention from some of the teachers! What a smart boy, that Bren. :)

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

I've watched it about a dozen times now too. I lost my phone a week ago, and my new one won't arrive for a few days so I can't watch the new episodes on Twitch and have to wait till they hit YouTube for the moment and even when I watched the new one last night, I had to go back and rewatch the clip of Sam and Marisha figuring it out first. Twice. It's amazing. Sam's face when pushing Marisha to see it is great, Marisha is so expressive and her surprise so evident, Travis and Laura get really animated over it once they realize it; it's all fantastic entertainment. I remember when I was first looking at Critical Role I saw a lot of people talking about Sam playing the long game with the witches outfit in campaign one, but man, Matt can play the loving loooooong game. I love that he had been waiting for this to happen since campaign one, even when he was aware it almost certainly couldn't happen given their parties' movements etc.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I. I'm watching 103 and. The dragon-turtle? Really?

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
Welllllll heeeeeeell. It's been ten months since I started watching campaign one and I finally caught up on campaign two.
I'm a little sad that I'll have to wait a week between episodes now (or months if the loving 'rona shuts things down again) but at least I won't have to be as careful about spoilers anymore.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

The Australian shop is quick. Took 48 hours to get to me. I have a weakness for daggy shirts

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Raged posted:

The Australian shop is quick. Took 48 hours to get to me. I have a weakness for daggy shirts

What's the quality of the fabric like?

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Raged posted:

I also caved and bought the button-down.

Then I realized it will be my first piece of CR merch. Been watching since last year, and I guess this was me finally taking the plunge.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

OmniBeer posted:

Seconding this! Dimension 20 is great and has a great friend dynamic among the players, and overall is one of my favorite streams to follow. One of their little side-seasons Escape From the Bloodkeep has Mercer as a player and is fully available on Youtube. And is a delight.

Thanks for this. I watched the first episode and it's really, really funny. Probably gonna binge watch the rest today.

Arthil posted:

That wouldn't make any sense for the actual cast though, there'd still be people in the studio other than them. I reckoned it was so they could hear each other better but we also don't know how far apart they are.

We know Sam and Liam are close enough together for Sam to touch him with that boxing glove on a stick, and Travis and Laura tossed something to one another at some point which didn't seem too far. I get the sense they're 5 or 6 feet apart.

Taeke fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jul 30, 2020

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Taeke posted:

We know Sam and Liam are close enough together for Sam to touch him with that boxing glove on a stick, and Travis and Laura tossed something to one another at some point which didn't seem too far. I get the sense they're 5 or 6 feet apart.

and thats the people sitting 'next' to each other, marisha to laura or sam is gonna be a big hunk of distance

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

Whether or not they actually do it, I suppose it's allowable for Matt and Marisha, and Travis and Laura to be a little closer to each other (which imagine is why they changed the positions slightly), so that may cut down on some of the overall distance.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
I was being a weird nerd when watching and was trying to figure out their seating arrangements based on how they were looking when they were clearly watching Matt talk.

I don't recall the order they sat in the "before times" but I think now they are sitting in a large semicircle in the same order as their stream cams (left to right top row, then left to right bottom row) So from Matt's left it seems to go Travis, Laura, Liam, Sam, Ashley, Taliesin, Marisha and I think Sam is pretty much directly straight ahead of Matt.

It feels really weird to have tried to figure that out but I guess there's not always much physically going on on the screen and I was really curious how they managed to arrange things since I didn't think their studio was that big.

Would be really cool if they'd make a short video about their new setup.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

DeathSandwich posted:

What's the quality of the fabric like?

Feels alright for polyester

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Abisteen posted:

I was being a weird nerd when watching and was trying to figure out their seating arrangements based on how they were looking when they were clearly watching Matt talk.

I don't recall the order they sat in the "before times" but I think now they are sitting in a large semicircle in the same order as their stream cams (left to right top row, then left to right bottom row) So from Matt's left it seems to go Travis, Laura, Liam, Sam, Ashley, Taliesin, Marisha and I think Sam is pretty much directly straight ahead of Matt.

It feels really weird to have tried to figure that out but I guess there's not always much physically going on on the screen and I was really curious how they managed to arrange things since I didn't think their studio was that big.

Would be really cool if they'd make a short video about their new setup.

You can tell bits based on table chatter, sam hitting liam with the stick, how they look around at the end of 102, they're in a rough semicircle. Even laura & trav have a decent distance between them (i think trav throws something for laura at some point)

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
In the "State of the Role" announcement, Marisha said that they are a minimum of 7, and I think a maximum of 20 feet apart.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Harsh but fair :allears:

EDIT: Wait I've been to that dam, people do go there

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Crapp!

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
Maybe they'll get a rest before Vokodo after all?

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Time to just use up all their abilities right before the boss fight I guess.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

excruciating series of very slow movement and skill checks is my least favorite part of dnd

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
This entire arc was an excuse to kill the Balleater

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Last time this happened I got stabbed in the chest during my REM sleep

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

:eyepop:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

first time this campaign, even with two clerics

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

eke out posted:

Didn't Pike get Divine Intervention exactly once in the last campaign?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

eke out posted:

has Jester ever tried to do it? I know Cad's thrown it out a few times but I don't remember if she's ever bothered

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ImpureChillyCusimanse-mobile.mp4
It's afraid.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The one good time to roll a five...

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Abroham Lincoln posted:

has Jester ever tried to do it? I know Cad's thrown it out a few times but I don't remember if she's ever bothered

I think they've been both rolling it the last couple of episodes just in case.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

DarklyDreaming posted:

Didn't Pike get Divine Intervention exactly once in the last campaign?

i think her god punched a dragon out of the sky

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I'm not real down with this plan to bargain with Guacamole.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

eke out posted:

i think her god punched a dragon out of the sky

Yeah that's what I remember

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

You know, Banishment could be just the thing. Morkoths don't have a good Charisma bonus or saving throw. This version might get legendary actions and resistances, but at the very least everyone casting Banishment will burn right through them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I got started late: What'd I miss?