Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

liver and onions :smugdon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
DID SOMEONE SAY LIVER AND ONIONS???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdFd2KmJn-A

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ok so we know offal is good for you, at least the offal from a healthy animal, and I would like a sausage that’s mostly meat but has decent enough amount of offal to get the hearty goodness of eating heart etc, but still tastes mostly normal

I have a theory that a sausage is like a canvas for a butcher to create a true work of art, rather than just plain old meat which is like selling just a tin of paint

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

there’s a lot of good sausages in the world

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

echinopsis posted:

ok so we know offal is good for you, at least the offal from a healthy animal, and I would like a sausage that’s mostly meat but has decent enough amount of offal to get the hearty goodness of eating heart etc, but still tastes mostly normal

I have a theory that a sausage is like a canvas for a butcher to create a true work of art, rather than just plain old meat which is like selling just a tin of paint

welcome to gout

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
yesterday was my birthday so now i am even older

wtf

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Trig Discipline posted:

yesterday was my birthday
:toot:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
:woop:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Trig Discipline posted:

yesterday was my birthday so now i am even older

wtf

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

every day

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i remember reading some medium thinkpiece about some dude who turned 40 or 50 and decided to start keeping his impending death in mind.

he figured out his life expectancy from that point on, say 30 years, bought 30*52 worth of 3x5 cards and put them in a pile. Every sunday, he'd write what he did that week on a card and move it to another pile.

I wanna do that but my wife says its morbid so i just write in my diary like a teenager instead.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i should start doing that. on my 40th birthday i resolved that if i wasn't happy and established and basically had a reason to live in ten years that i'd punch my own ticket on my 50th. I should at least keep track of what i get done between now and then and maybe it'll change my mind if i'm on the fence?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

well like i think the point the dude and myself were trying to make is memento mori and so forth but this kind of introspection is always valuable regardless so

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah for sure, i feel it

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
j290 you seem to be moving from strength to strength, idk how you'd have doubts at this point

i want to live for as long as i possibly can but i am tempted to just leave the world of men like frodo at the end of the lord of the rings. just wander around the forest eating berries and magic mushrooms, become a figure of local legend somewhere

or just get one of these italian houses for one euro https://boingboing.net/2020/07/22/small-italian-town-selling-c.html

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
eh. we'll have to see. right now i'm just punching the time clock each day. i hope things start to look up next year when i can have a place to live where im not constantly terrified of eviction

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
I don’t want to die anytime soon, in large part because there are people who depend on me (my fellow yosposters) but boy howdy do i sometimes take comfort in the fact that this rollercoaster ride won’t last forever (or will it!!!?)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i had a bigtime cancer scare a few years ago and yeah that made it pretty clear to me that i wasn’t ready to expire yet.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

President Beep posted:

there are people who depend on me (my fellow yosposters)

:same:

somebody has to keep the bar low around here, like a pace car for shitposting

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

ah, yes, i too am aware of the special edition 1978 corvette.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

my plan is to continue paying down my mortgage aggressively. once it's paid off my budget becomes massively more flexible and i can do something like start my own business or just work a mindless job or hell just volunteer if i also happen to be at early retirement money. at the current rate it should be paid off before i'm 40

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

since we aren’t going out to eat much or traveling or whatever, we are on track to be saving about $50k a year at our current income/expenses rate. that puts us in a pretty good position to be able to retire someday imo

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

echinopsis posted:

I would like a sausage that’s mostly meat but has decent enough amount of offal to get the hearty goodness of eating heart etc, but still tastes mostly normal

heart is meat not offal

delicious, delicious meat

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
let me look it up on somethingoffal.com

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

fart simpson posted:

since we aren’t going out to eat much or traveling or whatever, we are on track to be saving about $50k a year at our current income/expenses rate. that puts us in a pretty good position to be able to retire someday imo

now i'm craving for ryynmackar. it's a mackar made out of mostly ryyns and blood or something IDK

e: well i mean it has some pork in it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

looks good jerry

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

fart simpson posted:

looks good jerry

I looked it up and I've always thought it was very greasy but it has less fat than most sausages, I guess because barley doesn't really have a lot of fat in it. Next time I'm grilling I'll have two!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Went on a 60 mile bike ride on the Allegheny Passage on Saturday.

Gonna see if we can’t extend that to 89 miles this coming Saturday.

My wife turns 42 next week and I turn 40 in three weeks.

Go get some exercise.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i carried a bunch of monitors and computers up and down a bunch of stairs this morning because the elevator is broken. good workout. also i think I’m in better shape than the majority if the people in my department which is a bit of an eye opener because I’ve definitely got a few extra pounds.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

that being said, the vast majority of my working life has been devoted to ~*manual labor*~ so i do okay.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

President Beep posted:

i carried a bunch of monitors and computers up and down a bunch of stairs this morning because the elevator is broken. good workout. also i think I’m in better shape than the majority if the people in my department which is a bit of an eye opener because I’ve definitely got a few extra pounds.

did yuo even get a hug?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

did yuo even get a hug?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

3D Megadoodoo posted:

did yuo even get a hug?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

did yuo even get a hug?

you know how the story ends you mother ducker

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

that being said, the vast majority of my working life has been devoted to ~*manual labor*~ so i do okay.
stymie energies coalescing

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Uptime Sinclair posted:

stymie energies coalescing

it sucked!!!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

my favorite part of that gimmick was their ability to constantly post no matter what time of day it was because people Doing Labor can totally take a break to have a three hour argument on the internet just whenever they feel like it, and of course asking what they actually did was "stalking"

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
100% i have experienced more poverty and done more manual labour in my life than stymie ever did

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

qirex posted:

my favorite part of that gimmick was their ability to constantly post no matter what time of day it was because people Doing Labor can totally take a break to have a three hour argument on the internet just whenever they feel like it, and of course asking what they actually did was "stalking"
gotta hand it to the “crying about how computer touchbros ruined the Annual Doing Labor Luncheon”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

runnerup: take your favorite part of the gimmick, halve it, and halve it again