Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikusR
Jan 5, 2008
"Rabbitage"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
Last night's episode was in the ComicCon panel video, so are we in the new season already?

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.
Hello new favourite character!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

MikusR posted:

"Rabbitage"

https://i.imgur.com/u2CALxL.mp4

Doubtful Guest posted:

Hello new favourite character!

https://i.imgur.com/9T1MVBx.mp4

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hayley's farm tough Rabbit hide outfit made her look like something out of a survival horror game, and I mean that as a compliment.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Could you just post the one of the owl riding the wolf?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

MizPiz posted:

Could you just post the one of the owl riding the wolf?

https://i.imgur.com/Ftlf6tI.mp4

And bonus even freakier owl:
https://i.imgur.com/tK0NHqU.mp4

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Thought this one was a classic. I had that feeling very early on and it just kept coming

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lmao

https://twitter.com/alyankovic/status/1288227921937567744

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Neat! I thought that was really him but I wasn't sure!

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Everyone needs to be peeping the credits over the final gags of the episode because the guest voice cast from week to week is usually pretty impressive.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

bull3964 posted:

Everyone needs to be peeping the credits over the final gags of the episode because the guest voice cast from week to week is usually pretty impressive.

That and the closer this week was so good. They don't like Xenu or Zee New York Times.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Weird Al is a national loving treasure.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Milo and POTUS posted:

Thought this one was a classic. I had that feeling very early on and it just kept coming

Stan trying to stuff the whole family into their tiny beds/closets had me crying laughing.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

victorious posted:

Stan trying to stuff the whole family into their tiny beds/closets had me crying laughing.

Also Stan and Francine having sex in the Blonde Jesus cupboard

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

MizPiz posted:

Also Stan and Francine having sex in the Blonde Jesus cupboard

Three fierce pounds then busting a nut too soon. Oh, Stan

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

Wonderful. If they can be avatarized I think I know what I'll be buying when we can safely spend on the forums again.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Aw man, next week they're finally airing "Roger needs dick", which means no new episode for me since I watched the leak.

drat you consequences of my own actions!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

drrockso20 posted:

and Archer fell apart during that cocaine season and never recovered

honestly, I was one of the "RAARGH ARCHER IS DEAD TO ME" people, but I went back and watched some of the newer stuff and... show's still totally fine.

like, Vice and Dreamland are bad seasons, but they're more speedbumps than shark-jumping moments at the end of the day; after Vice comes 6 and 7 which are both great, and after Dreamland comes Danger Island and the space season, which are both hilarious. the new season will probably, also, be fine.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

the new season will probably, also, be fine.

Did the creator come back for it or did he the show leave as planned?

It's hard to imagine the show without the singular voice of the guy who wrote it all, but at the same time, maybe a fresh perspective will help it.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

PostNouveau posted:

Did the creator come back for it or did he the show leave as planned?

It's hard to imagine the show without the singular voice of the guy who wrote it all, but at the same time, maybe a fresh perspective will help it.

afaik Adam Reed's still on it, but this is the last season.

e: huh, no, he stepped down from being full-time showrunner after 1999 and didn't write all the episodes of that season. Given 1999 was a great season, I think that's a good sign that the new blood gets it. I think the show's ending after 11 regardless, but I'm no longer entirely sure.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jul 29, 2020

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

afaik Adam Reed's still on it, but this is the last season.

e: huh, no, he stepped down from being full-time showrunner after 1999 and didn't write all the episodes of that season. Given 1999 was a great season, I think that's a good sign that the new blood gets it. I think the show's ending after 11 regardless, but I'm no longer entirely sure.

Nothing about the show ending after 11 has been rumored. If anything, I'm going to say Hulu ensures that it keeps running for quite awhile still as long as everyone wants to keep doing it.

10 was supposed to be a hard stop with some resolution at the end (likely him finally dying) but that changed when they renewed it for 11. So far the trailers position it as a soft reboot back to the first few season of spy stuff.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I thought the farmer mother was Frances McDormand, but apparently not.

Klaus in Clearwater hit home as that's pretty near where my parents have their vacation home. His boys in Tampa across the bay could have had a cameo, but locals not to go up against the crazies. One of the buildings downtown there really does look exactly like that. They basically decimated downtown and everything is theirs now. It looks like a drat movie set with all the windows covered so you can't see in anywhere.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

You know, as much as I liked the farm plot, in retrospect I kind of wish we had gotten a few more scenes of Klaus's adventures in scientology. What we did get was gold though.

"It wasn't easy, they did everything they could to discourage me."

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I liked the nod to the Scientology sub-plot in the "Rabbitage" song with "Missing cabbage" (Miscavage, who is 'missing')

Unless I'm crazy

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
The only reason I don't think there should've been more of the scientology plot is that there really isn't anything that could be cut from the farmer plot to make room for it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

That's true, there's nothing from the farm plot I would want cut.

I kind of wish the show was on Netflix or another streaming service where the episodes don't have to be exactly 21 minutes so we could have a few more scenes of the Klaus scientology B-plot without losing any of the farm A-plot.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

A follow-up plot about Klaus being stalked and harassed by Scientology would be... topically evergreen

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
That's right Stan, I found a way.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

bull3964 posted:

Nothing about the show ending after 11 has been rumored. If anything, I'm going to say Hulu ensures that it keeps running for quite awhile still as long as everyone wants to keep doing it.

10 was supposed to be a hard stop with some resolution at the end (likely him finally dying) but that changed when they renewed it for 11. So far the trailers position it as a soft reboot back to the first few season of spy stuff.

Yeah, Reed said 10 would be the last when it was contracted for 3 seasons a few years ago, but after wrapping up 10 he said going the genre mashup route was actually reinvigorating because he spent the last 3 years thinking of jokes that would only work in the spy setting so he's coming in with a gas tank as full as the show's start.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Aw man, next week they're finally airing "Roger needs dick", which means no new episode for me since I watched the leak.

Leak? That's been available for purchase on iTunes for a while...

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Another very strong episode

The random Weird Al appearance was not something I expected

Is that Klaus D plot the smallest other plot this show has had? It had like 30 seconds of screen time.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

FlamingLiberal posted:

Another very strong episode

The random Weird Al appearance was not something I expected

Is that Klaus D plot the smallest other plot this show has had? It had like 30 seconds of screen time.

I'm guessing they only really did it so they wouldn't have to figure out where to put Klaus during all the farming stuff

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Is the plot of Fart-Break Hotel (the one where Francine adopts the identity of Sarah Blanch), based on a film? It's one of those plots that feels like it's referencing something but I don't know what exactly.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Whorelord posted:

Is the plot of Fart-Break Hotel (the one where Francine adopts the identity of Sarah Blanch), based on a film? It's one of those plots that feels like it's referencing something but I don't know what exactly.

Steve’s plot of going back in time is based on the film Somewhere in Time, starring Christopher Reeve.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

PotatoJudge posted:

That and the closer this week was so good. They don't like Xenu or Zee New York Times.

I think the joke is supposed to be "Xenu York Times"

Could be a coincidence with the German accent, though

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

MizPiz posted:

I think the joke is supposed to be "Xenu York Times"

Could be a coincidence with the German accent, though

Yeah, the Joke is that "Xenu" and "The new" sound the same in a German accent.

Well, part of the joke, the other part is that Klaus makes bad choices such as joining a dangerous cult on a whim, then openly mocking the cult to the other members, and then trying to spy on the cult by wearing a wire despite having a body too small to properly hide that kind of equipment under his teeny tiny shirt.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
“I can’t believe Nerfer’s settling down. She has such big tits!”

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

That episode was amazing. I had to stop the episode and rewind when Francine was explaining steampunk and Rogu being Matilda because I was laughing too hard.

"Jeannie Gold would tell you steampunk is not future and is merely a timeline where technology goes in a different direction, you stupid bitch."

I also love when Haley does her deep "Yeeeaaahhhh".

I wonder if Steve's nickname of "Bayou Billy with the big balls" comes from the NES game Bayou Billy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Haley’s “Oh yeahhhhhh!” and then all the waiters at Buca di Beppo joining in with the “Oh yeahhhhhh!” was so delightfully surreal. That was a really excellent episode.