Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

SirPablo posted:

I'm really not a fan of the precooked meats they have in the cooler section. Really have not hit on one that I would routinely buy.

The Kirkland hickory smoked pulled pork is good, I just stopped getting it due to the salt content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

Alan Smithee posted:

i couldnt sheet cake alone

those things wont even fit in the fridge

I think I tried over 10 years ago

how far u get

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
maybe it was leftoever cake from a party but i extrapolated

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I ate one of those stuffed chocolate cakes mostly solo because my wife decided she didn’t like it AMA. It weighed in at 8 lbs at birth.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

AlphariusOmegon posted:

I've decided. I need to start making pilgrimages to this holy place of Hot Dogs and 20 oz. Sodas for $1.50

There's one in town. How do I start this quest? Do I just go up like a dipshit and ask to give them $60 to let me in? Is there a password?

Also with the plague happening, are there like, occupancy limits? Will I have to wait 2 hours?

Just tell them you are headed to customer service to get a membership and then just walk to the food court.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Shwqa posted:

Just tell them you are headed to customer service to get a membership and then just walk to the food court.

Someone report this rear end in a top hat's tail number to Member Services. He's ruining it for the rest of us by letting in heathens. For all you know AlphariusOmegon might be a :nws::nms:Sams Club:nms::nws: member!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Virigoth posted:

I ate one of those stuffed chocolate cakes mostly solo because my wife decided she didn’t like it AMA. It weighed in at 8 lbs at birth.

I hope you don’t have one of those awful costco toilets.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Schadenboner posted:

For all you know AlphariusOmegon might be a :nws::nms:Sams Club:nms::nws: member!

No cake for the impuritor.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

david_a posted:

The Kirkland hickory smoked pulled pork is good, I just stopped getting it due to the salt content.

I did not find this one, in particular, to be any good. I had high hopes.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I couldn't help but buy a pack of the amazing-looking pesto focaccia they had in the bakery area. About two pounds of thick breadsticks for $6.99.

Sadly, for as oil-drenched and pesto-filled as they are, they're terribly bland. I tried them at room temp, warmed in the oven, and toasted and spread with roasted garlic feta dip from Whole Foods; no dice. They're just not great.

I'm going to attempt to salvage the rest of them by turning them into croutons for panzanella later this week. Maybe some more oil, salt, and pepper will wake them up a bit.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I bought one of those triple packs of Organic milk, as is my custom. The first one had a weird burn taste. The second one had it as well. I got an over-pasteurized batch. ya ruined my mini-wheats and let me down, 'co. :mad:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
feeling a weekday afternoon run this week my brethren

AlphariusOmegon
May 11, 2020

Schadenboner posted:

Someone report this rear end in a top hat's tail number to Member Services. He's ruining it for the rest of us by letting in heathens. For all you know AlphariusOmegon might be a :nws::nms:Sams Club:nms::nws: member!

I have shopped at dyers and sundry purveyors of grocery and goods, but I have only in times of great distress given my work tokens to the Wal family, and never engaged them in any manner of contract for membership in any of their houses of ill repute.

Though I be not a member of the Cost Company, this accusation is a slight upon my honor and I demand retraction or satisfaction upon the field of honor.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

AlphariusOmegon posted:

I have shopped at dyers and sundry purveyors of grocery and goods, but I have only in times of great distress given my work tokens to the Wal family, and never engaged them in any manner of contract for membership in any of their houses of ill repute.

Though I be not a member of the Cost Company, this accusation is a slight upon my honor and I demand retraction or satisfaction upon the field of honor.

This sounds just like what an S.Clubber would say!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Shwqa posted:

The food court asks for membership too

Which you would know

If you were a member

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

Which you would know

If you were a member

That's up to the GM and foodcourt manager. We are officially required to. But most of em figure if you've got in the building your good to go

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
My Costco doesn't ask for memberships at the food court and I think it's ridiculous that some stores do. There shouldn't be any restrictions for people to give money to the least profitable department in a Costco warehouse.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Alan Smithee posted:

Which you would know

If you were a member

I've never been asked for membership at any Costco food court I've ever been to

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran

AlphariusOmegon posted:

When would Alpha Legion ever fight fair though, I'd almost expect that level of subterfuge. Sneaking out with the church sacrament without tithing, tsk tsk.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

priznat posted:

I hope you don’t have one of those awful costco toilets.

My toilet can flush 8 golf balls at once so I’m covered.

Happy birthday Shwqa!

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Jingleheimer posted:

My Costco doesn't ask for memberships at the food court and I think it's ridiculous that some stores do. There shouldn't be any restrictions for people to give money to the least profitable department in a Costco warehouse.

My understanding is that they lose money on the food court.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

mu[st be like the mask policy

either your costco enforces it or it doesnt

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

You talking outdoor or indoor food courts? In my store you have to go in past the receipt checkers and customer service desk to reach it, can't imagine them bothering to card at that point.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
Anyone have anything to say about the Kirkland motor oil, specifically the full synthetic 0w20? I saw that they got the memo about the 5 quart jugs, and it's quite competitively priced.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

Anyone have anything to say about the Kirkland motor oil, specifically the full synthetic 0w20? I saw that they got the memo about the 5 quart jugs, and it's quite competitively priced.

even better than Bitchin sauce

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
I run their 0w20 in my vehicle. No complaints here.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

It's an excellent oil, it says Kirkland right on it!

Seriously though I don't know if there is a bad oil out there, even Walmart's Super Tech-brand oil is extremely excellent, as is Amazon's. As long as you follow your vehicle's manufacture specifications you should use the Kirkland oil.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Gaius Marius posted:

That's up to the GM and foodcourt manager. We are officially required to. But most of em figure if you've got in the building your good to go

My Costco's food area is outside of the entrance. They do a bang up business from everyone else working at the shopping center it's in.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Same, and I've even been to a bunch of non-US/Canada ones too.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Cyrano4747 posted:

My understanding is that they lose money on the food court.

This is what I thought too. I don't see how it would benefit them by selling at a loss to non-members.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

This is what I thought too. I don't see how it would benefit them by selling at a loss to non-members.

Sometimes the conversion to the church takes time. You go there for the cheap dogs and before you know it you are a member spending $100 on sheet cakes and muffins.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

PIZZA.BAT posted:

That bizzaro Costco out at Arundel Mills Maryland did this, but none of the other ones in the whole metro area did IME

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Will we ever get the Kirkland unsweetened dried mango or is it just Made In Nature now? I think the Kirkland one had more in it and cost the same, not a world-ender if that's the case.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

With the loss of the combo pizza is my hope for a pepperoni and sausage pizza done for?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

My local costco stopped selling the white/rosa/fiesta packs of monster ultra and is back to the inferior white/orange/purple. :(

They also started selling Bang but one of the flavors is cotton candy so that's a hard pass.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Toujours Mike's pizza SUPERSTAR pizza trip report.

Two for 17.99 CDN

After 17 minutes at 450 on the bottom rack of a gas oven atop the Toujours Mike's cooking sheet:

It was tasty and is very large by traditional frozen pizza standards. The mushrooms were a powerful flavour in the SUPERSTAR experience. Cheese was bountiful and very stretchy. I will probably buy this again when I want an upmarket frozen pie and not my usuals or the $2.50 per pie No Name bulk pep pizza.

Needless crust shot to see how the Toujours Mike's sheet did.

And no I don't ever use timg links thank you.

shadow puppet of a fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jul 29, 2020

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Republicans posted:

My local costco stopped selling the white/rosa/fiesta packs of monster ultra and is back to the inferior white/orange/purple. :(

They also started selling Bang but one of the flavors is cotton candy so that's a hard pass.

i want to know why monster blues are so hard to find anywhere. they were the original and the best and it seems like monster is actively trying to kill them

JasonKiddWithHair
Mar 11, 2006

Coredump posted:

With the loss of the combo pizza is my hope for a pepperoni and sausage pizza done for?

Yes. Cheese, pepperoni, or half cheese half pepperoni.

Though I did hear (I work at a Costco) that some stores might be getting the combo pizza back? But I don't know if it's speculation or truth just what some of the food court people told me. They want to stop production in the back as much as possible. So I don't know how that fits unless they're working on some other option for it. Supposed to get the chicken bake next month, possibly? But it's going to come in pre-made and frozen.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

shadow puppet of a posted:

Toujours Mike's pizza SUPERSTAR pizza trip report.

Two for 17.99 CDN

After 17 minutes at 450 on the bottom rack of a gas oven atop the Toujours Mike's cooking sheet:

It was tasty and is very large by traditional frozen pizza standards. The mushrooms were a powerful flavour in the SUPERSTAR experience. Cheese was bountiful and very stretchy. I will probably buy this again when I want an upmarket frozen pie and not my usuals or the $2.50 per pie No Name bulk pep pizza.

Needless crust shot to see how the Toujours Mike's sheet did.

And no I don't ever use timg links thank you.

that actually looks pretty good for a frozen pizza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Fallom posted:

that actually looks pretty good for a frozen pizza

:agreed: