Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
...oh that's not what that means :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Elliott, Byron and Bowman strikes fear in the hearts of.....nobody.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Boomer The Cannon posted:

I mean it's their current top 3 drivers, it's not changing much.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Chevy just isn't competitive right now. I don't know if it's the drivers or what but unless Hendrick stages a coup by grabbing Keslowski I don't know how to tell if it's the cars or the guys behind the wheel.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Is Keselowski considered the best driver in NASCAR? I really haven't heard that about him.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Kirios posted:

Is Keselowski considered the best driver in NASCAR? I really haven't heard that about him.

He's in the upper tier but I think the only drivers that could be considered "the best" right now are Busch and Harvick.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Beachbum30 posted:

HeY commie. how many peoel of color do you like ?

probably none becuase your a commie and you hate any thing not white

comies are racist. gently caress you piece of scrap

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:ussr:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Kirios posted:

brad owns and i wish he'd won at kansas

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Kirios posted:

He's the only guy that's won this year that may be in a new ride next year, to my knowledge. I think he would definitely be an upgrade over anyone currently driving a Chevrolet, except maaaaybe Elliot.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Kes is top 5 easy but until he has 2 winless years in a row the answer will still be KFB

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

if its $15-20m a year to a run a Cup car before driver salary, and BradK costs you $10m a year on top of that... paying a guy like Bowman or Byron $1m a year instead may just keep the lights on for the team. pretty drat big cost saving.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

GD_American posted:

Kes is top 5 easy but until he has 2 winless years in a row the answer will still be KFB

I think it's pretty clearly Busch, then Harvick, then you can argue for a few guys for 3rd best.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

S- Harvick, KyBusch
A- Logano, Truex, Keselowski, Hamlin
B- Elliott, Blaney, KuBusch, Kenseth
C - Almirola, Bowman, Bowyer, DiBenedetto, Byron, Jones, Johnson??

I think once you get past the top 7 or 8 it all gets pretty muddled.

edit: added Kenseth

kidcoelacanth fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 27, 2020

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Remember when Logano was supposed to be the greatest driver ever and was going to blow everyone's doors off, and then he didnt, and then later did?

What I'm saying is, one of these kids is just gonna click at some point and be the next Jimmie Johnson (when he was good)

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Gordon then Stewart both hosed up the expectation curve for every rookie that came after them. The thought among owners wasn't "well, they're part of the top 10 best American racers ever, duh", it was "why hasn't my rookie won a race yet"

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Kyle "loving" "Rowdaaaaaay" Busch is the best driver since Dale Earnhardt

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 7 days!)

C Tier: backmarkers
B Tier: 24, 41, 47, 3
A Tier: 43, 9, 11
S Tier: 18
SS Tier: 14, 88

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

CactusWeasle posted:

Remember when Logano was supposed to be the greatest driver ever and was going to blow everyone's doors off, and then he didnt, and then later did?

What I'm saying is, one of these kids is just gonna click at some point and be the next Jimmie Johnson (when he was good)

If they get a chance. There were so many guys back then getting a shot for a few years and then they weren't The Next Best Thing and they would be pushed out to bring up the next, next best thing. Logano was pretty lucky to go from a top team to a top team to allow it all to come together for him. If there is a shot at them being good I would hope that if Hendrick moves on from Bowman or Byron they would catch on at like SHR or Ganassi or somewhere decent to get a shot at as they mature a little more in the sport.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Peanut President posted:

C Tier: backmarkers
B Tier: 24, 41, 47, 3
A Tier: 43, 9, 11
S Tier: 18
SS Tier: 14, 88

lol

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Took me a minute.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Pretty sure Eric Jones is the most likely to follow Logano. The fourth Gibbs car is always just bleh, but the talent is there.

Byron will get as many chances as he wants since he’s got Liberty money. Bowman is probably destined to lose out due to sponsorship money at some point. Seems like he’s always chasing after it.

A lot of the guys who are here now will get some time. I’m not sure there’s anyone in the lower series right now that warrants moving on from one of the newer Cup guys.

Edit: I imagine this is Clints last year in a top ride. He hasn’t done enough to warrant it in almost well his whole career.

Ungratek fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jul 28, 2020

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Ungratek posted:

I think it's pretty clearly Busch, then Harvick, then you can argue for a few guys for 3rd best.

It's Hamlin this year.

CactusWeasle posted:

Logano's career was saved via the combination of not re-upping with Gibbs and that time AJ Allmendinger took those vitamin supplements from his friend at the gym.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Ungratek posted:

Pretty sure Eric Jones is the most likely to follow Logano. The fourth Gibbs car is always just bleh, but the talent is there.

Byron will get as many chances as he wants since he’s got Liberty money. Bowman is probably destined to lose out due to sponsorship money at some point. Seems like he’s always chasing after it.

A lot of the guys who are here now will get some time. I’m not sure there’s anyone in the lower series right now that warrants moving on from one of the newer Cup guys.

Edit: I imagine this is Clints last year in a top ride. He hasn’t done enough to warrant it in almost well his whole career.

Briscoe and Cindric both deserve cup rides, I could see one ending up in the 14 and maybe the 2 if Brad leaves.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

NBC BROUGHT IN A NEW MEMBER OF THE BROADCAST...

https://twitter.com/Jordan_Bianchi/status/1288187570166419458

...team. Ok, sure. :shrug:

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Daugherty did the Xfinity races for ESPN for ages and was fine

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Yeah I liked him when he was on the ESPN team.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Daugherty is a net positive. Likeable, doesn't say stupid poo poo, not deeply insightful but not a chud or bootlicker for NASCAR.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

He always seemed genuinely enthusiastic about the sport and like he was having fun.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Bring back Bestwick. Dump Allen (and Jeff burton)

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Ungratek posted:

Bring back Bestwick. Dump Allen (and Jeff burton)

Yeah this. NBC has too many people talking too much saying the same drat poo poo every lap. Bring back Bestwick and pair him with Junior (Letarte and Burton suck).

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
Bring back Benny Parsons

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Somewhat related, but I was watching the Busch race at Dega in '96 today during work, and it was weird (and rather pleasant) hearing DW doing commentary without being a cartoon character.

I was at that race and I remember there being the nastiest loving thunderstorm ever right after.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
I miss Bill Weber

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Douchebag posted:

Yeah this. NBC has too many people talking too much saying the same drat poo poo every lap. Bring back Bestwick and pair him with Junior (Letarte and Burton suck).

Bestwick and Junyer would be amazing. I like Letarte's enthusiasm, personally. Having him and Dale call races is like listening to two kids watch their favorite sport.

Burton is just tepid, but I do like the South Boston accent wherever we can get it on TV.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

mischief posted:

Bestwick and Junyer would be amazing. I like Letarte's enthusiasm, personally. Having him and Dale call races is like listening to two kids watch their favorite sport.

Burton is just tepid, but I do like the South Boston accent wherever we can get it on TV.

Too many voices in the booth though, 4 is way too many. They end up saying the same thing the other guy just said about something handling related.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

SRX's lineup continues to take shape, as joining Tony Kanaan will be:

https://twitter.com/paultracy3/status/1288507057637752834

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

CactusWeasle posted:

I miss Bill Weber

He was magic.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

bigbillystyle posted:

He was magic.

Just...:discourse:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
I know he's happy and all that, but going from NASCAR broadcaster to hotel magician is not what I'd imagine a successful career path being