Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

7c Nickel posted:

The change will only manifest once you get pretty high level. Before you would stall out on leveling if you didn't switch to leveling up secondary skills, say switching out your lance for 1 handed weapons, but now you can keep using your lance because you level up via the XP gain instead of actual skill ups, which might stop due to hitting the cap or simply being too high.

They changed the leveling system? Good news.

downout posted:

What was the target completion date? Full release date?

You must be new to Mount & Blade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Phlegmish posted:

Yeah, when they announced this game, I only had two kids. My third child is 7 now. He may be in high school by the time this is "done."

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

marshmallow creep posted:

Yeah, when they announced this game, I only had two kids. My third child is 7 now. He may be in high school by the time this is "done."

Will it finish before Starsector or Star Citizen though? Or Kenshi 2?

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

The universe will finish before star citizen.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

downout posted:

Yeah, I've had similar experiences, this game is good, really good. But I hope they follow through with actually completing it. The crazy part is to me that it's 70% of the way there, but they need to complete it. I don't know what the original vision was, and I didn't play warband before, but it's a fun game.

What was the target completion date? Full release date?

I bought the original M&B in 2005. It was never finished. Warband is basically the same game but slightly expanded, and that came in 2010. It was never finished. Bannerlord is much more ambitious. It will never be finished.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Parallelwoody posted:

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

K8.0 posted:

I bought the original M&B in 2005. It was never finished. Warband is basically the same game but slightly expanded, and that came in 2010. It was never finished. Bannerlord is much more ambitious. It will never be finished.

The part that always gets me is that this is called Mount and Blade II, when it really is Mount and Blade III. They can't hide their sins from me I remember when Warband came out and having to buy the same game all over again! (it was worth it)

Ultimately if you are buying into Mount and Blade you're here for the journey. It's basically just the same game but continually upgraded and they took a long break to move it to a new engine but it's still the same wonky Mount and Blade it's always been. It's great in some ways and all the dumb ideas and jankiness from the 2004 version is still here in spirit if not form.

I can't believe I've been playing the same game on-and-off for nearly 20 years but I've been doing the same with Morrowind so lol.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Parallelwoody posted:

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

They changed the leveling system? Good news.

I am indeed, thanks for setting some expectations for me. This sounds fun :allears:

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

FlocksOfMice posted:

The part that always gets me is that this is called Mount and Blade II, when it really is Mount and Blade III. They can't hide their sins from me I remember when Warband came out and having to buy the same game all over again! (it was worth it)

Really it's more like Mount & Blade VI : Calradia III when you include the three lovely spinoffs. Still worth it. I've put this game down for a while to let it mature a but, but there's no doubt that I'll get plenty of mileage out of it, just like I did with M&B and Warband.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

downout posted:

I am indeed, thanks for setting some expectations for me. This sounds fun :allears:

Talk about leveling. :hmmyes:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I cannot overstate how much better two handers feel if you install the swing through mod.

Getting your line stuck in and then flanking around to wade into their archers like mowing wheat is satisfying.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
does it do the same for polearms? the glaive is already a hilarious murder machine, every swing that connects is a dead something, every time. having pass through with my knife-on-a-stick could push that one over in to wildly overpowered territory. totally OK with it for two hand swords though, they always felt lacking.

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009
I spent almost two hours this morning trying and failing to identify which mod was crashing my game before just giving up and deleting all of them. Can someone suggest a mob suite that plays nice together and adds interesting things to the game? Feel free to dm me if you’d rather not clutter up the thread.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

bird food bathtub posted:

does it do the same for polearms? the glaive is already a hilarious murder machine, every swing that connects is a dead something, every time. having pass through with my knife-on-a-stick could push that one over in to wildly overpowered territory. totally OK with it for two hand swords though, they always felt lacking.

Yeah, I don't use it for polearms much because of a fatal flaw. Anyone in the arc getting a parry or shield block in the way will stop the swing, so the longer your weapon the more likely it gets blocked.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Is there a mod to display smithing fatigue or whatever? I hate guessing at how much to rest.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Glass of Milk posted:

Is there a mod to display smithing fatigue or whatever? I hate guessing at how much to rest.

I think it tells you when you hover the mouse over the portraits at the bottom

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

"Stuck in an RPG Pro-Tour"

I've updated my mod to the latest beta branch as well. Mostly just bringing it up to date to work, but managed to fix some companion and party size perks in steward along the way.

Download Power Up

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Enjoy posted:

I think it tells you when you hover the mouse over the portraits at the bottom

It does within the smithing interface, but I was talking about on the main map or even within the rest interface in a city.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Glass of Milk posted:

It does within the smithing interface, but I was talking about on the main map or even within the rest interface in a city.

It doesn't increase at all unless you wait in a city. So it's not like it's increasing while you're traveling around. Although, I guess if you are just waiting somewhere out of a city maybe it goes up? I"ve never tested that.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

downout posted:

It doesn't increase at all unless you wait in a city. So it's not like it's increasing while you're traveling around. Although, I guess if you are just waiting somewhere out of a city maybe it goes up? I"ve never tested that.

Interestingly, it also increases while waiting to ambush bandit camps...

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Interestingly, it also increases while waiting to ambush bandit camps...

waiting to ambush bandit camps also gives you the +10 city healing bonus

the mod "bannerlord tweaks" has a setting that lets you regenerate your smithing stamina while traveling. i keep that setting on.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Man the beta really does make the game run better, screen transitions are so much smoother.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
The loading screen to loading screen thing was really dumb

Freebaboonlesson
Aug 1, 2020

bird food bathtub posted:

It works wonderfully well with a glaive. Yes a swing through a dense crowd can be thwarted, if they're all packed up against you and you're stationary on horse back for example. That's when I use a short fast axe instead. But when you're charging clumps of infantry who are on the move, or if you come from behind them, or otherwise take your swing at guys who are not in a defensive posture, yes you will kill 4 or 5 guys with one swing. It does feel like cheating a bit. Not enough to make it any less awesome though.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
For some reason 'smithing stamina regain while traveling' is as simple as a true/false setting in the config files. I don't know why it's set to false in vanilla.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Turns out Guan Yu and Lu Bu were really on to something with this whole "swing a giant loving stick with a slashy bit at the end of it while riding a horse" thing.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

toasterwarrior posted:

Turns out Guan Yu and Lu Bu were really on to something with this whole "swing a giant loving stick with a slashy bit at the end of it while riding a horse" thing.

Leverage is one of the fundamental mechanical principals for a reason.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

A couple annoying bugs I've found since starting a new game in 1.4.3: if the game assigns a mounted captain to an infantry formation they won't be able to use shield wall unless you command them to dismount, then it works fine

also, if any of your family members are leading a party and get captured they can never lead a party again

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I didn't see it in any of the patch notes, but it looks like healing was fixed.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
They added cuckolding with the last beta update. One of the main quests now returns your brother to your clan. If you try to marry after your brother is back, your brother and your character are both dropped into the marriage barter screen. Complete the barter, and your wife divorces you and marries your brother.

I haven't enjoyed such a broken game so much before.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
Definitely a new context to "Mount and Blade"

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Anyone have suggestions for recruitment mods? I want to actually recruit tier 5 and 6 troops instead of just selling them (holy poo poo that sounds wrong).

I downloaded a mod this morning and it crashed my game at launch. Might need to update my 25 party limit in hideouts mod, or it could just be the mod itself hates me.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
You don't necessarily need the limit mod anymore. The latest update changed it so the hideouts don't have insurmountable numbers of bandits in them. They usually slightly outnumber you, but with a few tier 3 or up troops and decent management you can usually handle them pretty well.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

wilderthanmild posted:

You don't necessarily need the limit mod anymore. The latest update changed it so the hideouts don't have insurmountable numbers of bandits in them. They usually slightly outnumber you, but with a few tier 3 or up troops and decent management you can usually handle them pretty well.

Holy poo poo that is fantastic. I will need to try it out when I get out of work. I got real sick of having 5 troops against like 20.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Anyone else crashing constantly?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

yeah, the 1.4.3 beta is very crashy for me

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Ive got the one where looking at saved games, finishing character creation, trying to start a custom game or adjusting the exposure level instantly breaks some low level process of the game. A shame, but at least I've found that other people have reported the issue and TaleWorlds are aware of it.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

7c Nickel posted:

Ive got the one where looking at saved games, finishing character creation, trying to start a custom game or adjusting the exposure level instantly breaks some low level process of the game. A shame, but at least I've found that other people have reported the issue and TaleWorlds are aware of it.

This is what I'm dealing with and I've just uninstalled until next month maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Is there a good way to decide what kind of workshop to set up in a given city? The income I get from each type seems to be kind of random.

Edit: Also, what determines how much you earn per influence in a mercenary contract? I started with the Vlads at 70 gold per, but it's degraded slowly to 10.

Riatsala fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Aug 8, 2020