Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
does this pizza have exactly 1 pepperoni

poo poo this looks real bad on a new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I only see one pepperoni as well.

Shameful.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I know this is about half a year late but I need to mourn the loss of Costco pesto :smith:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Propaganda Machine posted:

I know this is about half a year late but I need to mourn the loss of Costco pesto :smith:

We still get it here. It’s okay. Sunflower oil is a big corner cut though.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Suxpool posted:

does this pizza have exactly 1 pepperoni

poo poo this looks real bad on a new page

looks like it to me. a shameful pep slice

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Minto Took posted:

I only see one pepperoni as well.

Shameful.

there was a rich layer of sub cheese pepperoni, which is the Quebec style, the singleton was a loosey found under the cardboard

shadow puppet of a fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jul 29, 2020

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i want to know why monster blues are so hard to find anywhere. they were the original and the best and it seems like monster is actively trying to kill them

I still see them in grocery stores and gas stations here, but I would gladly welcome back the red/white/blue pack Costco also sold a while back.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

shadow puppet of a posted:

Toujours Mike's pizza SUPERSTAR pizza trip report.

Two for 17.99 CDN

After 17 minutes at 450 on the bottom rack of a gas oven atop the Toujours Mike's cooking sheet:

It was tasty and is very large by traditional frozen pizza standards. The mushrooms were a powerful flavour in the SUPERSTAR experience. Cheese was bountiful and very stretchy. I will probably buy this again when I want an upmarket frozen pie and not my usuals or the $2.50 per pie No Name bulk pep pizza.

Needless crust shot to see how the Toujours Mike's sheet did.

And no I don't ever use timg links thank you.

they gave you one pep

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Fallom posted:

that actually looks pretty good for a frozen pizza

I'd gently caress it

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
That frozen pizza looks great. And you got 2 for $18? That's pretty well priced.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

bird with big dick posted:

I'd gently caress it

someone change his dick to an italian sausage

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Ultimate Mango posted:

We still get it here. It’s okay. Sunflower oil is a big corner cut though.

The one around here has only ever been sunflower oil which: yeah, not great.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

bird with big dick posted:

I'd gently caress it

id ask it to gently caress me

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Last 3 trips to church has yielded 0 tubs of bitchin' sauce. This is very not bitchin'.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Enos Cabell posted:

Last 3 trips to church has yielded 0 tubs of bitchin' sauce. This is very not bitchin'.

Same here. No sight of it over the past month. I checked their "Where to buy" page and the second closest location (right down the road from Costco) went out of business last year. I guess I'm done for.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Schadenboner posted:

The one around here has only ever been sunflower oil which: yeah, not great.

I should stress that the pesto itself isn't bad but if you have some real pesto and then decide you want some more when you get home and remember you have some Costco pesto and have some you'll be unhappy.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Enos Cabell posted:

You're (one of?) the other Cbus goon, right? Yeah I haven't seen it either at the Polaris one. Which sucks.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Manuel Calavera posted:

You're (one of?) the other Cbus goon, right? Yeah I haven't seen it either at the Polaris one. Which sucks.

I'm in the wastelands of Nebraska, so if it's not at my one store I'm boned. I could check Whole Foods, but I don't think I can bring myself to pay those prices.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Schadenboner posted:

I should stress that the pesto itself isn't bad but if you have some real pesto and then decide you want some more when you get home and remember you have some Costco pesto and have some you'll be unhappy.

I like it well enough. It's not going to come close to smashing your own basil and pine nuts and otherwise in a mortar of course, but for a pretty good meal that takes nothing more than boiling some pasta it's real nice.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Enos Cabell posted:

I'm in the wastelands of Nebraska, so if it's not at my one store I'm boned. I could check Whole Foods, but I don't think I can bring myself to pay those prices.

My bad, I am terrible at keeping track of posters that aren't Randaconda or Discendo Vox. (For being weird about cheese and I just recognize his name, respectively.)

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Barry posted:

I like it well enough. It's not going to come close to smashing your own basil and pine nuts and otherwise in a mortar of course, but for a pretty good meal that takes nothing more than boiling some pasta it's real nice.

Man, I am glad food processors exist. Now way I'm spending all that time with mortar and pestle.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Great news, plenty of Bitchin Sauce and it was on sale!

Medium news, baby Yoda dolls. I saw a woman with about 20 of them in her cart.

Bad news, food court shuttered.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Rip man

I’ll send you a hot dog through our ailing postal service

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I bought some of this stuff.

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a3...Green%20Chiles.

And tonight I plan on making some Normandy Blend and some Chicken Sausages to smother with it.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Went to the pharmacy to get my refill of meds-cheaper with Costco prices and the GoodRX coupon (which they apply automatically) than with my poo poo insurance.
Got pesto and a rotisserie- gonna have a pasta feast.
Got the Kirkland brand aged rum for $14- a LOT of vanillin in there, but with soda and hibiscus syrup I am perfectly happy.
Got a mocha freeze (my first! I joined in the winter)- perfect pick me up while waiting for the bus.

PBUC, my brethren. PBUC.

E: forgot to add that for lunch, I had the A’Sha ramen with some Normandy Blend and an egg (and more seasoning) thrown in. A Perfectly Blessed Membership day.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

StormDrain posted:

Bad news, food court shuttered.

This is Trump's fault.

Chinatown posted:

Walked over to Costco Business Center™ yesterday while my car was getting worked on. They have the meats.

Not pictured: cheese for days.

Somewhere over in the frozen section are a bunch of goat carcasses and whole pigs individually boxed.

i am harry fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jul 29, 2020

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Man, I am glad food processors exist. Now way I'm spending all that time with mortar and pestle.

Food processor is a great middle ground but mortar and pestle is absolutely the best method to make pesto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYvh3c0olFc&t=70s

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I haven’t been to restaurant depot in a while

Anyone know if they are still letting in pubs

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

i am harry posted:

This is Trump's fault.

The sign said remodeling, back open August 3. By all means it looked like a regular food court kitchen with no reason to remodel, but perhaps a sign of a shift to fewer options.

Or an automated dog maker to speed it up?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

How old is that location. They have to shut em down and remodel every half decade or decade to fix major equipment, replace flooring, fix any major malfunctions and the like. Most likely it had been scheduled for years and they might've moved up the time table to take advantage of slower food court sales.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

I haven’t been to restaurant depot in a while

Anyone know if they are still letting in pubs

Yes as of two weeks ago.

I also went to the brand new Business Center, and I see no need to drive to the RD ever again. Costco has the advantage when it comes to 55 gallon drums of olive oil.

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Online still doesn't have the 4lb bags of Kirkland trail mix. There is a sale on metal prints so I got a 20x30 of a photo from my honeymoon and a 16x20 beach photo for my parents as a gift for about $140 which seems like a good price. PBUC.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Went to the pharmacy to get my refill of meds-cheaper with Costco prices and the GoodRX coupon (which they apply automatically) than with my poo poo insurance.
Do you, or does anyone, know if they play the standard gently caress gently caress games with insurance, or will things just be cheaper there? Have a family member just diagnosed with diabetes and is looking at some painful expenses for supplies and insulin. Don't have a ton of experience with pharmacies other than the occasional painkiller and antibiotic, but from what I have seen prices appear to be largely made up when insurance is involved, I'm wondering if their retail prices are cheaper if their prices with insurance will also be cheaper.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

stealie72 posted:

Do you, or does anyone, know if they play the standard gently caress gently caress games with insurance, or will things just be cheaper there? Have a family member just diagnosed with diabetes and is looking at some painful expenses for supplies and insulin. Don't have a ton of experience with pharmacies other than the occasional painkiller and antibiotic, but from what I have seen prices appear to be largely made up when insurance is involved, I'm wondering if their retail prices are cheaper if their prices with insurance will also be cheaper.

Sorry to hear that. Insulin is indeed expensive as gently caress. Its worth it to see if you can get a discount on Goodrx like that other poster. Vials also tend to be slightly cheaper than the quick injection pens, so ask the doc to write prescriptions for those if you can. I use the vial when I eat carbs at home, just to save a little.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Manuel Calavera posted:

My bad, I am terrible at keeping track of posters that aren't Randaconda or Discendo Vox. (For being weird about cheese and I just recognize his name, respectively.)

I am from Columbus, but the only one I know is OSU_matthew?

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

stealie72 posted:

I think there’s something, legally, about their being a wholesaler that keeps their prices down, and that goes double with generics. If I was on the low level of insurance that I can afford, all name brand drugs, and was going to, like, CVS, I would’ve paid anywhere between 150 and 700 dollars for the month on top of my premiums; the ‘co was $23 for all three meds, with coupons they just looked up for me.
Diabetes-wise, I have heard from a lot of people that their physical supplies (eg, needles/resting strips/testing units) are about as cheap as can be without ordering from a sketchy Chinese site, and the pharmacy is good at gaming the insurance code situation in the long run for chronic problems. Sorry about your family member’s problems! Hope they get better.
(Also you don’t need a membership to go to the pharmacy, assuming you’re US! Honestly, I joined because (on the advice of this thread) I was already using the pharmacy and kept seeing things I wanted to buy on my way in)

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

stealie72 posted:

I doubt you'll see much of a savings. If you have any prescription drug coverage at all your insurer will probably vacuum up any price difference, since you'll still be paying the same copays.

But what I found made a huge difference, was if they are in a government job or otherwise have lots of insurance choices, check every single plan's cost estimator for drugs, if you can, for both Novolog and Humalog (the big 2) - sometimes the site isn't good about telling you that the reason one medicine is $$$$ is because it's the non-formulary one, and the formulary is only $$.

I'm on my wife's insurance, who works for the feds, and we were bummed out because my insulin costs were going to be like $2k+ a year under all the big insurers. But one of the little random insurers that didn't sound like we were eligible (yes, everyone in the federal gov is eligible) had amazingly low co-pays for insulin, and just piggybacked on Cigna's doctor network, so never had an issue with doctor choice.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

has anyone seen iso alcohol lately? What's the percentage/volume on that bad boy

jfff
Oct 27, 2003
indeed

MJP posted:

Will we ever get the Kirkland unsweetened dried mango or is it just Made In Nature now? I think the Kirkland one had more in it and cost the same, not a world-ender if that's the case.

Location near me (Wisconsin) had the Kirkland branded mango back in stock on my last trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Looks like the Foodsaver vacuum sealer is $50 off next week. I foresee large quantities of smoked meats in my future.