Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the Ace of Choco Pro?
Akki
Mei-chan
Sakura-san
Anton
Chris Brookes until literally anyone on this show beats him
Yunamon
View Results

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Please vote

https://twitter.com/gatohmove/status/1288468337370923008?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

First time in quite a while I wish I had Twitter.

I missed more than half of the season but here are my uninformed opinions

MVP is either Mitsuru or Akki

Best match is Yunamon vs Mitsuru

Best show is #33 (akki vs lulupencil, Kirihara vs emi, Mei vs Mitsuru)

Best song is Mei singing Cult of Personality, with a close second being when mitsuru sang a full song so Mei had to do 3 minutes of squats before their match because MIND GAMES

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I’ll put in that vote for you though I’d be biased in putting Mitsuru as the mvp because of her performance on the last couple of shows.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

akki has an upcoming match vs akria francesco in all japan next month. i have no idea if that show's getting streamed tho as it's in a small sendai venue and the august ajpw.tv schedule hasn't been released yet

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Chat was trying very hard to get him to wear Mei's Apple Hat for his AJPW debut.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

chocpro is doing an awards show type-deal. they chatting about MiSu

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Shocking news, Mitsuru won MVP.

Also, more importantly, Chris Brookes hanging Mei and hitting her like a pinata won best gif.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Want Gatoh move to have a tournament where the winner gets a shot at the AEW women's world title. And Lulupencil wins it. She comes to America thinking she's earned an interview with the champion. The champion is Nyla Rose again. This is the closest possible thing to a real life version of Spongebob and Patrick vs "The Undefeated Champions".

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I am in favor of Lulu Pencil: World Champion

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The idea is great, but let me pitch you the idea that for some reason there's controversy with the endings of some of the matches so they decide to send the winner of the Janken tournament so Lulu makes it to AEW and gets a title shot despite still never winning a single match

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thauros posted:

akki has an upcoming match vs akria francesco in all japan next month. i have no idea if that show's getting streamed tho as it's in a small sendai venue and the august ajpw.tv schedule hasn't been released yet

it is btw. hope akira shows up in ichigaya in return

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

In terms of who won the season 2 awards based on the polls

MVP: Mitsuru
Best Match: Sakura vs Yunamon (Last Woman Standing)
Best Show: #29 Riho's Homecoming
Best Quote: Wrestling is Infinity by Lulu Pencil
Best Song: Judas by Mei

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The best part of the award show was it getting crashed by Brookes and Masa, and then Brookes and Mei taunting Akki for being basically the only one on the roster without a season award, as the two of them won best gif for the "Mei the Pinata" spot

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

lol the Season 3 preview show is just a bunch of chatters fantasy booking people like Kairi Hojo and the entire TJPW roster as special guests

How much money do these guys think Emi's making off of her youtube fed?!

Emsee
Jun 17, 2005
Hmm...
Chocopro season 3 starts in about 40 minutes.
(7am EDT/Noon BST) If anyone wants to catch it live.
This is also kicking off the road to Emi Sakura's 25th career anniversary show! So I'm sure they'll be building to something big.

The card is:

Mystery Opponent:
Mitsuru Konno VS "X"

Handicap Match:
'The Pencil Army' Lulupencil & Emipencil VS Kirihara Tokiko

Singles Match:
Mei Suruga VS Makoto

https://youtu.be/nY1fm6evez4

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I’m dreadfully behind on Chocopro but will make an attempt to watch more frequently from now on.

Excited about Makoto, she’s very good if you ain’t seen her. She was actually at the Gatoh Move show I attended live and I liked her a lot. She vs Mei should be a good match

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Honda looks like he’s been working out since I last saw him

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

glad i was reminded of this in another thread. i generally never watch unless i catch it live but it's fun when i do

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Where else do you see a man being eaten by a fox

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

GON confirmed as greatest villain in pro wrestling.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Lulu Pencil for WON Bryan Danielson Award this year imho

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Actually gently caress that Lulu Pencil should do a clean sweep of all categories, except the bad ones

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

extradite THIS! posted:

Lulu Pencil for WON Bryan Danielson Award this year imho

she is god-tier at what she does.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Lamuella posted:

she is god-tier at what she does.

She is immensely entertaining and even if I haven’t followed ChocoPro at all as closely as I originally wanted, I do seek out any and all Lulu matches

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

extradite THIS! posted:

I’m dreadfully behind on Chocopro but will make an attempt to watch more frequently from now on.

Excited about Makoto, she’s very good if you ain’t seen her. She was actually at the Gatoh Move show I attended live and I liked her a lot. She vs Mei should be a good match

oh it didn't even click with me that makoto is asuka's tag partner makoto until now

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Biting and then disinfecting your opponent’s arm is quite a spot

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

An excellent post in the live comments:

”WHERE WERE YOU WHEN MEI-CHAN SLAMMED MAKOTO IN FRONT OF ONE SCREAMING HONDAMANIAC”

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

That match got seriously good

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

The main event: Mei vs Makoto should be seen if just for the amount of punishment that Mei is able to take.

Also 1+1 =2???

Also please be ready on the 17 of July for Lulu vs Otoki.

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Aug 5, 2020

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Tomorrow's show is:

Lulu vs Akki
Yunamon/Mitsuru vs Emi/Yoneyama
Mei vs SAKI

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Is there any word on what’s happening with Obi? She’s still posting cooking videos but hasn’t had a match since May? I like her :smith:

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Neodoomium posted:

Tomorrow's show is:

Lulu vs Akki
Yunamon/Mitsuru vs Emi/Yoneyama
Mei vs SAKI

Season 3 coming wild right from the gate with those first shows, love that tag.

extradite THIS! posted:

Is there any word on what’s happening with Obi? She’s still posting cooking videos but hasn’t had a match since May? I like her :smith:

I thought she had some sort of an injury? I'm pretty sure I remember it being addressed in one of her last ChocoPro appearances.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Obi has been referring to it as a "vacation" but it is probably healing up from an injury.

Also, SAKI has been replaced in the Mei match with Tsubasa Kuragaki.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Has there been any explanation for the replacement?

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
SAKI is signed to Actwres Girl'Z so perhaps they pulled her for some reason: but I don't think they have a show tomorrow, or at all before their next Korakuen Hall show and their wrestlers have been all over Ice Ribbon and WAVE shows since the shutdown ended so I don't think it is that.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Akki vs Lulu is just about to start if you tune in right now

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The worst-kept secret of Gatoh Move is that Akki has the nicest hair of the whole crew

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

extradite THIS! posted:

The worst-kept secret of Gatoh Move is that Akki has the nicest hair of the whole crew

It's pretty like a pony.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I’ll admit I don’t remember having heard of Kuragaki before but she’s badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

TV Zombie posted:

Has there been any explanation for the replacement?

I think there might be an explanation to this actually

https://twitter.com/hahaaaanmax/status/1291701350661648384?s=20

Yuki Miyazaki tested positive for COVID-19 and WAVE have cancelled their next run of shows because of it. There's a contact chain that goes to SAKI: Miyuki Takase (fellow Actwres Girl'Z wrestler) works WAVE very regularly and then they have had contact since and AWG have also pulled Takase off of shows for this weekend so I think they are taking it very seriously.

There's also a chain that theoretically gets into Gatoh move/ChocoPro (Miyazaki-Yuu-Makoto-Mei) which is, well, really rather troubling. I hope that everyone involved gets tested very quickly; sort of a must in cases like this.