Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/6AVKGVL.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Can't even imagine the kind of tongue control this would require.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Threepio's got Big Goomba Energy going in that picture

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Fluent in over six million forms of stomping your rear end

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

SoR Blaze posted:

You could also just pirate the despecialized versions, which are all super high quality and are like 40 gigs each
Yes but that's downloading 120 gigs whereas the laserdisc versions are over there on a shelf.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

*checks my Despecialized Folder*

5.15GB

Seems legit

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
The Lego Star Wars stuff is great. There's a recurring character in Droid Tales that makes it work watching all by himself.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Arquinsiel posted:

The Lego Star Wars stuff is great. There's a recurring character in Droid Tales that makes it work watching all by himself.

I'm always incredibly surprised at how good all of the Lego takes on Star Wars and Batman/DC are.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum

Man with Hat posted:

I have that! Signed by Prowse. Now I just need a laser disc player

Literally threw my player away last year.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I want to have consensual intercourse with C-3P0 while under the influence of Ketamine.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Arquinsiel posted:

There was a DVD version a few years back which had the laserdisc versions ripped as extras on the bonus disc for each movie.

Yeah I got em, they were pretty easy to find in one of those big box stores

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Bogus Adventure posted:

I'm always incredibly surprised at how good all of the Lego takes on Star Wars and Batman/DC are.

Lego Batman might legitimately be one of the better movies I've seen in years.

I don't watch a ton of movies mind you, but it was still really good.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m hungry.

I know.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Some Goon posted:

Lego Batman might legitimately be one of the better movies I've seen in years.

I don't watch a ton of movies mind you, but it was still really good.

:agreed:

It's pretty great.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/B7144Eu.gifv

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Aug 6, 2020

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That R2 guitar is just begging to be turned into an avatar

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Biggest unintentional "gently caress you dad" in the galaxy.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I would legit watch this

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Star Wars game Jedi: Fallen Order also has a make fun of George Lucas line where there's a flashback to training and the main character's master tells him to do something "Faster and more intense."

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztp6I-UQ3zA

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
https://vid.pr0gramm.com/2020/08/12/8ac0cb7787f9db92.mp4

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

La morte non ha sesso

Bogus Adventure posted:

I would legit watch this

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Poor Virgil :(

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I'm gonna post this because it's the kind of funny that doesn't quite realize how funny it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to2SMng4u1k

In which Darth Vader beasts on Obi Wan Kenobi so hard that his Force ghost came out wrong

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I liked this shot:

But I also get the feeling whoever came up with it was way too proud of themselves for it.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

You'd think they'd at least use the proper ratio, but I guess that's to throw off the copyright bots?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I'm not going to lie, I geek out a little at Darth Vader just continuing to go to work while on fire, using his lightsaber to do a clothesline, and so on. But this misses/reverses the point of the original scene so hard that it feeds into the kind of thing Auralnauts makes fun of. "Obi Wan puts over Vader" was not the thrust. And I understand why they wanted to keep Alecface but it looks comically bad and they can't get facial expressions out of it.

They are apparently working on the Cloud City fight so I can't wait for Darth Vader to do a chokeslam or something.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I liked this shot:

But I also get the feeling whoever came up with it was way too proud of themselves for it.

I like the explanation/excuse that Obi-Wan was an old, tired man, and Vader's suit causes constant pain as the retcon for why the fight is so lovely (because CGI didn't exist for Lucas to overuse).

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

The first movie's fight choreography also had to content with the in-camera lightsaber effect they were trying - the blades were wrapped in reflective movie screen material, and the hilts had motors that would rotate them in order to make them flicker. The sabers also had wires that ran up the actors sleeves to battery packs, so they were pretty clumsy to use and had to stay in very specific places in order to actually reflect the light correctly.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Robot Style posted:

The first movie's fight choreography also had to content with the in-camera lightsaber effect they were trying - the blades were wrapped in reflective movie screen material, and the hilts had motors that would rotate them in order to make them flicker. The sabers also had wires that ran up the actors sleeves to battery packs, so they were pretty clumsy to use and had to stay in very specific places in order to actually reflect the light correctly.

See also: The moments when Guinness points his lightsaber directly at the camera and the blade fades into a little black dot, which is something that was bafflingly never completely corrected in Lucas's dozens of revisions.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Hazo posted:

See also: The moments when Guinness points his lightsaber directly at the camera and the blade fades into a little black dot, which is something that was bafflingly never completely corrected in Lucas's dozens of revisions.

Always been perplexed that they have never fixed some of these shots

note I dont know if this is the most recent version. rather watch it than that youtube tho

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Pretty fun edit. Does kinda echo how joyless modern movies are, especially when the ultra deadly serious fight scene is contrasted with the acting of humans. But hey, for a wish fulfillment video, I liked it.

doctorfrog fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Ingmar terdman posted:

Always been perplexed that they have never fixed some of these shots

note I dont know if this is the most recent version. rather watch it than that youtube tho

The latest release on Disney+ has it fixed (which comes from the 4K restoration Lucas was working on before the sale), but placemat lore had already retconned that as being a result of Vader's Sith lightsaber having the ability to break an opponent's blade due to its powerful synthetic crystal.