Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
10 Man Tag 4 6.25%
Tag Titles 38 59.38%
TNT Title 7 10.94%
Tornado Match 15 23.44%
Total: 64 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Effy booked Cameron for the Big Gay Brunch before COVID scuttled it, so I’m cautiously not doomsaying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STAC Goat posted:

Cameron?

Really?

Why?

To have a fun dynamic with Nyla.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Cameron?

Really?

Why?

i mean she was on the road with cody and brandi during her wwe run, probably has a good relationship with them, she's choosing to return to wrestling which makes me think she's probably been training beforehand, a tag team tournament like this is a good place to give her a chance and see what they can do with her.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

thus far, wait and see with AEW has not disappointed yet. although i am feeling very cautious by the direction of MJF's current storyline and really hope they pivot away from the presentation used today.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

STAC Goat posted:

Cameron?

Really?

Why?

Nyla face turn when she beats the piss out of Cameron for losing the tourney for their team

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

JOHN CENA posted:

i mean she was on the road with cody and brandi during her wwe run, probably has a good relationship with them, she's choosing to return to wrestling which makes me think she's probably been training beforehand, a tag team tournament like this is a good place to give her a chance and see what they can do with her.

Also, she's paired with Nyla so Nyla can do most of the work.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I doubt Cameron will be with the company longterm. She's there for the tournament. she's the Captain New Japan to Nyla's Hiroshi Tanahashi.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Nyla Rose has basically won two handicap matches in AEW already, why would anyone assume her tourney tag partner is supposed to be a big-deal long-term

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Because why bring in a broomstick when Leva's right there?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Reality Protester posted:

I doubt Cameron will be with the company longterm. She's there for the tournament. she's the Captain New Japan to Nyla's Hiroshi Tanahashi.

she's going to bring shame to aew with crippling addiction to betting on the ponies?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

https://twitter.com/imchelseagreen/status/1288641692455841797?s=21

Chelsea posting AEW video, she’s about to go sit in catering forever

she hasn't been booked since uhh the Royal Rumble when she randomly split up with her manager and there were rumors of a call up

also yes Cameraon has been training.

https://twitter.com/thejamiesenegal/status/1251236462508617729

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

In tribute to the returning legend:

https://youtu.be/GjhNinZmq3g

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ChrisBTY posted:

Because why bring in a broomstick when Leva's right there?
i mean if you want people to show they can get better you gotta give them opportunities.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah, this week was super off. A few really good matches, but the lack of Excalibur was bad from the get-go, production seemed off, and a few of the matches were just really rough, specially the opener.

I enjoy FTR in the ring a lot, but I don't care much for their gimmick, and this week them getting to do a run-in exactly the same way as the last few weeks, and have a contract signing segment, was way too much.

Can't win 'em all, so I hope poo poo gets tightened up while recording next week's episode.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I was very very underwhelmed by Warhorse here but im putting that down to commentary. Just awful.

Also if it turns out WWEs issues for these years is really just bad commentating and getting people in without Vince in their ear i wont be shocked.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

JOHN CENA posted:

i mean if you want people to show they can get better you gotta give them opportunities.

Yes, but if she's just going to ride the apron what's the point?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

StarkRavingMad posted:

Nyla face turn when she beats the piss out of Cameron for losing the tourney for their team

yeah it's so obviously this and it's gonna own

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

KungFu Grip posted:

she hasn't been booked since uhh the Royal Rumble when she randomly split up with her manager and there were rumors of a call up

also yes Cameraon has been training.

https://twitter.com/thejamiesenegal/status/1251236462508617729

If Cameron comes in and is actually good then more power to her. I won’t discount the possibility that she just never got trained very well in WWE since she came up through Tough Enough and then was a Funkadactyl and so was primarily envisioned as a valet.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
zack ryder is good

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hopefully Excalibur is back next week.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ChrisBTY posted:

Yes, but if she's just going to ride the apron what's the point?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

if you watched the FTR contract signing segment and just thought "ugh a contract signing segment" you missed the point severely

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Strange poo poo happens when people get out of WWE. Knees stop exploding. Promos stop sucking. The FTR suddenly have a personality. Zack Ryders return in gigantic hairy man form.

JOHN CENA posted:

Please yes.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

JOHN CENA posted:

They’re taping next week tomorrow, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s off for another week.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

the biggest geek in wwe for a decade to saving the champion from a beatdown is some incredible whiplash. it's gonna take some time before people are willing to accept this matt cortana guy.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the biggest geek in wwe for a decade to saving the champion from a beatdown is some incredible whiplash.
i didn't see drake maverick anywhere?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

the biggest geek in wwe for a decade to saving the champion from a beatdown is some incredible whiplash. it's gonna take some time before people are willing to accept this matt cortana guy.

He'll be relegated to Dark with Shawn Spears soon enough

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pretty bland show this week. I don't know if it was bad, it just felt off. Lots of little botches here and there and just didn't feel like it was run the same as other weeks. Almost like they had a different show runner or director.

Or, it was just an off week. That'll happen.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i liked warhorse pushing cody away. like gently caress off tnt champion and part owner of the company clearly these spooky perverts are after me, the indie sensation warhorse

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

only saw the second half of the show, but I am sure the first half was better than TNA serial killer guy submitting Tim Thatcher

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

When are they gonna finish the drat TNT Championship belt?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

(in my memory John Cena did this) (Cena did threaten to beat up Zack after Cena stole his gf though)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i feel like we need a giant flashing banner in aew threads that reads "do not equate a wrestlers skill and potential to the push and scripts they were given by a senile incestuous old man"

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Seams posted:

i liked warhorse pushing cody away. like gently caress off tnt champion and part owner of the company clearly these spooky perverts are after me, the indie sensation warhorse

Right, they were trying to recruit him

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

hunnert car pileup posted:

only saw the second half of the show, but I am sure the first half was better than TNA serial killer guy submitting Tim Thatcher

Dynamite was great but that sounds amazing.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
y'all are jealous, of zack ryder

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

JOHN CENA posted:

i feel like we need a giant flashing banner in aew threads that reads "do not equate a wrestlers skill and potential to the push and scripts they were given by a senile incestuous old man"

what are you talking about, it's very important to dismiss people like Trent Barreta, who was even more of a nobody than Zack Ryder was in WWE

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

(in my memory John Cena did this) (Cena did threaten to beat up Zack after Cena stole his gf though)

This looks like this legit hurt like a motherfucker.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

just rust posted:

When are they gonna finish the drat TNT Championship belt?

I think it's meant to be finished next week or the week after?

On a different note, happy to see Cardona :') always will be my #1 boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

explosivo posted:

This looks like this legit hurt like a motherfucker.

they were literally trying to do everything in their power to sabotage him during his run here.