Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
10 Man Tag 4 6.25%
Tag Titles 38 59.38%
TNT Title 7 10.94%
Tornado Match 15 23.44%
Total: 64 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

just rust posted:

When are they gonna finish the drat TNT Championship belt?

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1288220884155670530

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Reality Protester posted:

Right, they were trying to recruit him

oh that makes sense. :(

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Alaois posted:

what are you talking about, it's very important to dismiss people like Trent Barreta, who was even more of a nobody than Zack Ryder was in WWE

that scott carpenter kid who teams with brett majors will never make it anywhere.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

On Cardona - on Talk N Shop, a completely unscripted medium, he cut a boring WWE-paint-by-numbers-style promo when the subject matter was completely absurd. That's the reason I don't care to see him in AEW.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

they made the stinky poo poo gas mask man their world champion? drat, what a bunch of jabronis

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

loved ECW wrestler Vance Archer

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

If i’m Miro i’m definitely waiting to go to Japan where I will likely be given a push as a foreign monster and show what I can do in a title program, i’m not going to rush back to come to AEW where I may lose to Cody in my debut, or not get enough ring time like Wardlow.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

JOHN CENA posted:

i feel like we need a giant flashing banner in aew threads that reads "do not equate a wrestlers skill and potential to the push and scripts they were given by a senile incestuous old man"

Sure, but I never actually thought he was a great wrestler being underutilized. Maybe he’ll do great character work but it’s not like they’re bringing in Daniel Bryan circa bad 2013 booking or something. I hope Cardova works but there is something to them having to be careful about bringing in guys right after WWE and getting the stink of old TNA on them.

Anyway, I’m ambivalent on Ryder. Seeing Cameron in 2020 feels so loving weird.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dango Bango posted:

On Cardona - on Talk N Shop, a completely unscripted medium, he cut a boring WWE-paint-by-numbers-style promo when the subject matter was completely absurd. That's the reason I don't care to see him in AEW.

Oh well if he cut a bad impromptu promo on a podcast I guess you’re right, what the hell were they thinking

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

I don’t know that I trust the neck tat guy to define elegance.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eat My Fuc posted:

If i’m Miro i’m definitely waiting to go to Japan where I will likely be given a push as a foreign monster and show what I can do in a title program, i’m not going to rush back to come to AEW where I may lose to Cody in my debut, or not get enough ring time like Wardlow.

Wardlow gets the exact right amount of ring time for where he is right now.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Punch McLightning posted:

I don’t know that I trust the neck tat guy to define elegance.

perfectly symmetrical flame decals on either side

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Dark energy in the threads today. I'm going to close my eyes and smile as I remember the good MJF promo

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

JOHN CENA posted:

Tribal patterns

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Wardlow gets the exact right amount of ring time for where he is right now.

I disagree, also Archer deserves more.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

JOHN CENA posted:

Calvin peeing on the NXT logo

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

yeah his absence definitely sticks out here.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
The thing that’s really bothering me from tonight is bringing in Warhorse and not having him cut a promo or a hype video. His entire schtick works because of that. What the gently caress is that decision?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Punch McLightning posted:

The thing that’s really bothering me from tonight is bringing in Warhorse and not having him cut a promo or a hype video. His entire schtick works because of that. What the gently caress is that decision?
Cody refuses to do a jobber entrance two weeks in a row.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Taz rules

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

warhorse at the very least should have had a PIP promo playing over his entrance

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eat My Fuc posted:

Archer does deserve more.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm already feeling out on cardona, I loving said he was gonna come out and do the two or three lameass things he did in wwe and it would suck and he is doing exactly that

I will give him one chance to not immediately go to the very bottom of my care-o-meter list with hager and luther and as much as I hate to say it, but nakazawa the moment his entrance ends. That one chance is next week. If he does anything to show he's some amazing lost talent who got stuck in the wwe doldrums during that tag, I'll wait on being done with him, but like

c'mon man, i'll take the Rough Ryder because you get some good height, but the loving Long Island finger thing? And the fact that you look entirely like Generic Shirtless White Dude # 42, no tattooes or shirt or hat or glasses or anything to make yourself pop? C'mon, action figure man, accessorize. I don't give a poo poo who you were, I give a poo poo what you're gonna do in the ring, or at LEAST on the way to it. gently caress's sake. if Dolph Ziggler came over as Nick Nemeth and the first thing he did was a Zig Zag, I'd boo.

Push Sonny Kiss, goddamnit.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

JOHN CENA posted:

warhorse at the very least should have had a PIP promo playing over his entrance

The entrance was too good to dub over it.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

JOHN CENA posted:

gently caress yeah I loved the WWECW belt

e: just looked it up again and the sideplates were apparently iron crosses, nevermind

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
strong island baby

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

If you don't like Nakazawa you hate fun.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Seth Rollins posted:

strong island baby

Wrong Island

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pylons posted:

big agree

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Pylons posted:

he used his back as a slide for Dunkerton to spear Sonny in the corner

Nakazawa is a 10/10 tier wrestler for that alone

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
#GiveLutherAChance

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

MassRafTer posted:

Archer does deserve more.
At least we can all agree on that.

It's relevant when it comes to Miro, as well.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

rotinaj posted:

I'm already feeling out on cardona, I loving said he was gonna come out and do the two or three lameass things he did in wwe and it would suck and he is doing exactly that

I will give him one chance to not immediately go to the very bottom of my care-o-meter list with hager and luther and as much as I hate to say it, but nakazawa the moment his entrance ends. That one chance is next week. If he does anything to show he's some amazing lost talent who got stuck in the wwe doldrums during that tag, I'll wait on being done with him, but like

c'mon man, i'll take the Rough Ryder because you get some good height, but the loving Long Island finger thing? And the fact that you look entirely like Generic Shirtless White Dude # 42, no tattooes or shirt or hat or glasses or anything to make yourself pop? C'mon, action figure man, accessorize. I don't give a poo poo who you were, I give a poo poo what you're gonna do in the ring, or at LEAST on the way to it. gently caress's sake. if Dolph Ziggler came over as Nick Nemeth and the first thing he did was a Zig Zag, I'd boo.
i mean the long island iced z character was his creation. i do agree he probably should have shaved and done something with his hair though to stand out.

rotinaj posted:

Push Sonny Kiss, goddamnit.

they are, he's getting wins with joey janela

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i hope Zack Ryder brings in The Big O

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Seth Rollins posted:

i hope Zack Ryder brings in The Big O

dude i'd be so hype

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Dimebags Brain posted:

The WARHORSE match was solid and moving into Very Good territory when it just kind of ended, so I would like to see more WARHORSE. I think he and Page could have an extremly good match together.

It would be like a horse war.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I liked Nakazawa when I saw his match the first time

I will say the spot with Pineapple Pete kicked rear end, but the underwear claw is awful and I'm just tired of the body oil gimmick, that one good spot notwithstanding.

I also have had a really loving awful day so I might just be grumpy and need to go to sleep. Moxley vs Darby is gonna be cool, and the fallout with more Cage will be good because Cage is good and hopefully Team Good vs Team Dark will be a fun clusterfuck.

Also Nyla's new theme is in that new bandcamp album, so that rules.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The CBT Claw rules.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nakazawa's gimmick owns because Quack said he would never get on TV like that and look at him now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i thought the big O was with taz