Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I was more impressed with Diamante than I was with Warhorse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
my internet went down denying me my rightful place as aew poster of the week

Ricky starks is a madman for taking that skateboard bump. Darby allin should learn to work safely.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Reality Protester posted:

my internet went down denying me my rightful place as aew poster of the week

Ricky starks is a madman for taking that skateboard bump. Darby allin should learn to work safely.

Ricky had a few botches too (like whiffing that catch on Darby into the powerbomb)

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
I am insanely shocked that we are a full week clear of Eddie Kingston debut and he still isn't signed

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Davros1 posted:

warhorse is young and has only been doing it for 7 years, i feel like as smooth and good as he was in ring with his defined character, aew could really get him over

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

SEGA rear end Fisting posted:

I am insanely shocked that we are a full week clear of Eddie Kingston debut and he still isn't signed

i think its a work because otherwise tony khan is a stupid idiot and im not ready to believe that yet

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Davros1 posted:

you say that like diamante hasn't been excellent in every appearance she has made

She needs a contract yesterday because she is a solid midcard killer who could jump up to main with a hot angle

If the women's division was given any time, at least

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Starks looked legitimately hurt and I gasped at the stripes on his back till I figured that it was made from the blood dripping from the tacks on his back.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
WARHORSE seems like a nice fella with a neat character that makes sense staying an indie darling

In the universe where he gets signed I dunno how you don't run into the same problem finding a spot for him that you did for Joey Janella

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

xbilkis posted:

WARHORSE seems like a nice fella with a neat character that makes sense staying an indie darling

In the universe where he gets signed I dunno how you don't run into the same problem finding a spot for him that you did for Joey Janella

hes a few years younger and his style is much less "nutso fuckit" and more pure wrestling

plus he got 0 mic time and i think one thing that helps him is his ability to cut classic intense warrior promos without being, yknow, warrior

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i liked Warhorse a lot and see him having a future in AEW even if there are younger guys in house already i want to see moving up

give it another year or two and I'm sure he'll be on the roster

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I’d rather give Cameron a chance than Zack Ryder at least Cameron entertained me before also Vickie and Nyla and her all can be very funny it’ll be a fun stable for a few weeks.

Unless Ryder becomes the Toy Man from super friends I don’t care about him

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It happens nearly every single time someone gets released from the WWE and goes to AEW. "Always Bad, never was" and sometimes it's true, but y'all could at least wait and see

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

RealFoxy posted:

It happens nearly every single time someone gets released from the WWE and goes to AEW. "Always Bad, never was" and sometimes it's true, but y'all could at least wait and see

Not really? This is the first time its been like two people no one was jumping out at. Miroslav is what people saw potential in, Brodie Lee, or FTR. This is different. These are not stars. These are Shawn Spears.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

I'm excited to see what he does and I legit think it would be funny and good if he just instantly turns on Cody and joins the dark order. My real complaint is that I don't think it was very good booking, and uncool to Warhorse, to go from the whiplash of a match with unsigned indie darling right into a save from WWE's Zack Ryder.

Good for him too, I doubt AEW will ever spell his name wrong.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

RealFoxy posted:

He’s either going to show that he’s actually good, or he’ll get shuffled off to Dark with the other friends of the stars like Luther and Spears and he’ll get himself a nice little backstage gig working their social media or being in charge of their toy division. I don’t mind either outcome.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lid posted:

Not really? This is the first time its been like two people no one was jumping out at. Miroslav is what people saw potential in, Brodie Lee, or FTR. This is different. These are not stars. These are Shawn Spears.

matt cardona is a better wrestler than miro.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Lid posted:

I even was fully for Spears because he really didn’t get a chance. Cardona got a run as a character that was outdated when it debuted and wasn’t any good. His finisher is doofy and the long island bro thing hasn’t been relevant since Jersey Shore season 1

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

This is a crazy thing to say like no way in hell

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Eat My Fuc posted:

I even was fully for Spears because he really didn’t get a chance. Cardona got a run as a character that was outdated when it debuted and wasn’t any good. His finisher is doofy and the long island bro thing hasn’t been relevant since Jersey Shore season 1

Long Island still exists.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

JOHN CENA posted:

You might be right in a vacuum but i doubt that anyway, with that said taken as a whole package there is no universe where this is true. If you mean worker maybe, but as a wrestler theyre in different stratospheres.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

People really need to get used to the idea that Miro is done wrestling.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Ryder was genuinely over when he was champ, then he got the most obvious and pathetic burial to be seen on television.....well ever. It was blatant as gently caress and completely stupid as hell.
He was also the only good thing that happened in one of the shittiest Wrestlemania's in years. Cardona may not be super good or anything but he definitely had merit.

10 man was always a meme, and he's a meme here. Cardona aint no Spears.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lid posted:

You might be right in a vacuum but i doubt that anyway, with that said taken as a whole package there is no universe where this is true. If you mean worker maybe, but as a wrestler theyre in different stratospheres.

you are correct, cardona as a package is light years ahead of miro as an all encompassed pro wrestler.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Shoenin posted:

Ryder was genuinely over when he was champ, then he got the most obvious and pathetic burial to be seen on television.....well ever. It was blatant as gently caress and completely stupid as hell.
He was also the only good thing that happened in one of the shittiest Wrestlemania's in years. Cardona may not be super good or anything but he definitely had merit.

10 man was always a meme, and he's a meme here. Cardona aint no Spears.

As someone who didn’t like Ryder then or his internet champ gimmick the burial was highly enjoyable and genius.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

JOHN CENA posted:

you are correct, cardona as a package is light years ahead of miro as an all encompassed pro wrestler.

Ok youre just nuts

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Pylons posted:

People really need to get used to the idea that Miro is done wrestling.

He’s making those sweet Twitch dollars now. See also, Paige

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Eat My Fuc posted:

As someone who didn’t like Ryder then or his internet champ gimmick the burial was highly enjoyable and genius.

now i'm not sorry i pushed you into that trap

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

i was gonna make a joke about how Miro never won a Mania match and Cardona has, but i forgot he was in a stable that beat the New Day

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

I agree with the second part of this. There's no pop culture wave for his character to be widely relevant anymore.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I was stunned the other day when I learned that Jersey Shore was still making new episodes

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

I agree with the second part of this. There's no pop culture wave for his character to be widely relevant anymore.
Is it too late for him to have a 90 day fiance gimmick?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my fave rusev match is when he fought cesaro and KO and i don't consider it great. he is way more naturally charismatic and funny than cardona and seems to try about 1/4 as hard. anyway don't sign anyone from wwe except ember moon

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I think we're good on WWE signings and friends of the Young Bucks as Tag Champs. I love Kenny and Page, they're probably my two favorite workers in the company but having the best tag team division the United States, if not the world has ever seen be dominated by a storyline featuring two predominantly singles wrestlers playing out over a course of 7+ months, virus or no, is doing it a disservice.

Oh oh wait, I misspoke. Brandon Cutler can and should be tag champs. Well maybe not 'should'. But you get the idea.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jul 30, 2020

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yeah, as much as I love both Kenny and Hangman, I don't feel like they're going to do anything with the titles to top the Bucks match at Revolution and I'm ready for something to shake up, and really really really thought Dark Order taking some gold would have been the perfect way to do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

New Discussion thread