Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
10 Man Tag 4 6.25%
Tag Titles 38 59.38%
TNT Title 7 10.94%
Tornado Match 15 23.44%
Total: 64 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lamuella posted:

Doesn't Cardona have a pretty good rep as a trainer, or am I thinking of one of the multiple other good hands that WWE entirely failed to do anything with?

You’re thinking of Curt Hawkins/Brian Myers, “the other one”

Runs the school that trained MJF and Statlander and was always talked about as the go-to guy to get the ring rust off part timers like Brock and The Rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lamuella posted:

Doesn't Cardona have a pretty good rep as a trainer, or am I thinking of one of the multiple other good hands that WWE entirely failed to do anything with?

History Comes Inside! posted:

You’re thinking of Curt Hawkins/Brian Myers, “the other one”

Runs the school that trained MJF and Statlander and was always talked about as the go-to guy to get the ring rust off part timers like Brock and The Rock
Could also be thinking of Curtis Axel, who was the Rock's training partner prior to his comeback

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
in retrospect Warhorse got done so dirty by this show, he is such an afterthought and while it wouldve been wrong to have a #SignWarHorse aking to Eddie, who still isn't signed, he has become an afterthought to the baffling decision of the appearance of Zack Ryder.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

It's nice that Dark Order are still trying to recruit losers on the main show though.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/NylaRoseBeast/status/1288698537979662338?s=20

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

warhorse got personalized theme music and is referenced in the lyrics to the entrance music he used for dynamite, i think it's a safe bet that we will see more WARHORSE in the future

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
A guy like Ryder has a good following from the action figure stuff he does, and has been in the big leagues long enough to help the talent AEW has that aren't quite there.

It's great that AEW have guys like Sonny Kiss for representation, but he's pretty bad in ring. So having a guy like Ryder to work with is going to be a huge help.

AEW clearly haven't hired Ryder to be their next world champion, but he's a decent get as far as experience and a following go, so I totally get why they have him.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I'm glad Ryder is there because outside of Hager and MAYBE Spears none of the ex-WWE guys have been pushed beyond their talent just because they're ex-WWE guys. He'll do some fun stuff with Cody, hover around the midcard, and probably help out with social media or something.

Not my favorite episode of AEW overall, but still entertaining from top to bottom and a good show. I love Dark Order and I especially love the fact that they're actually growing as a team and becoming more effective. Colt was really good on commentary, too. I loved the handful of times he'd say something like "We're really happy - I mean The Dark Order is really happy".

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Who the gently caress is Cam Cameron?!?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I just think its really funny that Tony so-called Khan looked at Cameron the Funkadactyl and Eddie Kingston and decided only one of them was good enough to get signed. Maybe Eddie should have tried to convince Tony he was actually Kofi Kingston.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
Isn't Eddie signed to the NWA until September time? So he can wrestle the odd match elsewhere, but can't sign the dotted line for a full time contract.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
per WOR: neither Dave nor Bryan have been told why Excalibur wasn’t on the show but Dave believes it is because of the PWG angle. They don’t know how long he is gone for, could be back next week, might be a month like Sammy, might be never. Was at the show but just not used.

Also their criticisms of the show matched those of the live thread to the extent I thought they were just reading out posts

Seams fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jul 30, 2020

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That skateboard thumbtack spot was stupid as all gently caress.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
darbyallin.txt

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
AEW Thread: Sign more women wrestlers!

AEW: Signs woman wrestler

AEW Thread: Not her!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

projecthalaxy posted:

I just think its really funny that Tony so-called Khan looked at Cameron the Funkadactyl and Eddie Kingston and decided only one of them was good enough to get signed. Maybe Eddie should have tried to convince Tony he was actually Kofi Kingston.

I think it's really funny that despite nobody at any point saying Cameron has been signed everyone is assuming she has been because we've all got brainworms.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Punch McLightning posted:

Sure, but I never actually thought he was a great wrestler being underutilized. Maybe he’ll do great character work but it’s not like they’re bringing in Daniel Bryan circa bad 2013 booking or something. I hope Cardova works but there is something to them having to be careful about bringing in guys right after WWE and getting the stink of old TNA on them.

Anyway, I’m ambivalent on Ryder. Seeing Cameron in 2020 feels so loving weird.

I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but the problem with TNA wasn't that they brought in WWE guys, it's that they brought WWE guys and treated them like the only people on the roster who really mattered and pushing them hard over far more talented guys.

The show was good though, even though last week's was better. But then again you can't expect every show to be an absolute banger. Also I've been listening to WARHORSE's entrance music on repeat for more than an hour please send help.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Also WWE started the national push in 84 or whatever by signing a bunch of AWA castoffs so it is entirely fitting that literally every other American promotion since then has tried to make it with WWE castoffs.

Also its going to be extremely lol if they don't sign Brian Myers/Curt Hawkins

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
He's done that same exact spot before :shrug:

e: Myers is on Impact

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
And wikipedia claims Ariane Andrew is signed to AEW, nothing has any meaning anymore.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Rarity posted:

e: Myers is on Impact

Good for him. He should be the world champion soon.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

karmicknight posted:

And wikipedia claims Ariane Andrew is signed to AEW, nothing has any meaning anymore.

This claim appears to be based on a Ryan Satin story for pro wrestling sheet that just recaps the segment from last night and doesn't say she's signed.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Come to think of it, the actual problem I had with this week's show is that it kinda felt like they had one segment too many and that it would have been better if everything else would have had some more time, but then again pretty much everything served a purpose so I don't know what I'd remove either.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I mean if shes in an 8 team multiweek tournament, shes probably at least a little signed? She can't just wander off before the semifinals or what have you

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

projecthalaxy posted:

I mean if shes in an 8 team multiweek tournament, shes probably at least a little signed? She can't just wander off before the semifinals or what have you

WWE had Kota Ibushi and ZSJ in their cruiser tournament. Sometimes you need bodies!

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

That skateboard thumbtack spot was stupid as all gently caress.

Yeah, it was badass

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

AEW has like 5 contracted full-time active female wrestlers for a 16 person tournament. Some people are going to be brought in from outside.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Legit more excited for Cameron than Ryder. At least she’ll potentially be funny to watch, instead of skipped like I’ll do with Ryder.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

projecthalaxy posted:

She could just be booked for those dates. At least I would interpret somebody being signed as being on a permanent contract and not on an appearance by appearance basis.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

karmicknight posted:

[citation needed]

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

CobiWann posted:

Who the gently caress is Cam Cameron?!?

Former offensive coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
We've not had an Ariane is All Elite tweet yet, she's not signed

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Cameron is either going to reveal herself to be an amazing wrestler OR she's going to be terrible and Nyla will be forced to work extra hard in the tournament and will look like even more of a beast. Either option is good.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The point to giving Nyla some nobody as a partner is pretty obviously to both show that Nyla is such a monster that she doesn't need a partner to win and to have someone who can eat the pin without making anybody important look bad if they need Nyla to lose. And I suspect that Nyla isn't winning this because they need her more as a singles star.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

We've not had an Ariane is All Elite tweet yet, she's not signed

:hai:

My point about wikipedia was that who knows if Brian Myers is going to show up in AEW at this point. He probably shouldn't show up (and Cardona also shouldn't have but the lack of an indie scene that Cardona could work into to get people buzzing about him again does weaken my overall point), but ain't no rule that says a dog can't get on wrestling tv.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

beggar posted:

Former offensive coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens

Oh. That explains my inexplicable rage.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Rarity posted:

He's done that same exact spot before :shrug:

This. He did it to Janela at some point. Difference being he did it more like a double stomp where last night's was full extension where instead of the board tapping Ricky's back it dug in and tore his back up.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Last week was the first week of Dynamite I didn't watch and instead just listened to the recaps, only to find out that I missed Eddie Kingston, a wrestler I like, and Ivalisse whom I also like.

So this week I watch and am treated to Zack Ryder and Cameron. Jesus gently caress.

Also god drat, whoever is booking Vicki to play her WWE character needs to stop.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Listening to today's episode of AEW Unrestricted and learning that Sonny Kiss loves Nickelback, Limp Bizkit, and the Rob Schneider movie "The Hot Chick" was a surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Cerebral Bore posted:

The point to giving Nyla some nobody as a partner is pretty obviously to both show that Nyla is such a monster that she doesn't need a partner to win and to have someone who can eat the pin without making anybody important look bad if they need Nyla to lose. And I suspect that Nyla isn't winning this because they need her more as a singles star.

Cameron dances to the ring slowly. Nyla rushes down, obliterates her opponent and gets the pin before Cameron gets there and celebrates, oblivious.